Moto G unlock bootloader

Search This thread

sgirard1991

Jul 17, 2012
So I recently picked up a Moto G on Boost Mobile. I read that it is supported for unlocking the bootloader.
However, when I try I am presented with a error message telling me that my phone isn't supported.

I need this done in order to root.

Anyone got any ideas??

Sent from my XT1031 using XDA Free mobile app

rezoundness

Jul 18, 2012
So I recently picked up a Moto G on Boost Mobile. I read that it is supported for unlocking the bootloader.
However, when I try I am presented with a error message telling me that my phone isn't supported.

Anyone got any ideas??

only the developers editions purchased from google or moto directly can be unlocked for the bootloader.

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
I've unlocked a Boost Mobile Moto G. Make sure there are no spaces in the unlock data, and check the Motorola forums. They may be having server trouble.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sgirard1991

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014

Anyone got any ideas??

I had to wait a day to be able to unlock my boost Moto G and also I copy pasted the key into a text file and made sure it was correct and then copy pasted it to get the unlock key.

Reactions: sgirard1991

sgirard1991

Jul 17, 2012
I copy/paste into notepad as well.

I'll try again later tonight, thanks!

sgirard1991

Jul 17, 2012
Now, after I unlock/root. Anyone wanna suggest a cool Rom? I don't want cyanogen or slim or anything like that. Something different & unique...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    only the developers editions purchased from google or moto directly can be unlocked for the bootloader.

Untrue. Thousands of people by this point have unlocked Boost Moto G units. (Why Boost allows this is quite baffling, but nevertheless they do.)
    I've unlocked a Boost Mobile Moto G. Make sure there are no spaces in the unlock data, and check the Motorola forums. They may be having server trouble.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Anyone got any ideas??

I had to wait a day to be able to unlock my boost Moto G and also I copy pasted the key into a text file and made sure it was correct and then copy pasted it to get the unlock key.