Android 4.4.2

Search This thread

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
Have a nexus 5 Sony watch wouldn't stay connected...after a phone call to tech support sony does not support anything above 4.3...why BC no sony phones are above 4.3 at the moment....

She said there is an update coming out but didn't know when or even if it would fix the problems....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dervish666

Jun 22, 2008
I'm using it with my S3 running omnirom, which is at 4.4.2 so it's not that. There is an update coming but I doubt it would help you in itself. Mine disconnects from time to time, I've found the quickest way to reconnect is to turn Bluetooth off on the watch and back on again, it generally pairs straight away. Hopefully that will be fixed in the new version.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I'm running a Nexus 5 and had my SW 2 since December, never had issues with connection, aside from once with a botched custom Kernel. If you're not running stock, try running that, other than that I suggest faulty hardware on the watch's part

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

uh60james

Sep 29, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Same setup here. Nexus 5 and Android 4.4.2, everything is working great. Have you tried resetting the watch to stock?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
Tried 2 different watched.. Bluetooth works fine.. Use Bluetooth headphones to work out with and those never get disconnected.

Reset the watch multiple times.. Would work and then lose connection even though the app still shows connected.. The apps would not communicate with my phone

She did say they were getting a lot of complaints about my issue as well.

Last edited:

Penguwin

Nov 15, 2013
My SW2 and Nexus 5 work great together, no connection issues. I've had this combo for 2-3 months now.

^Same here... Sony SW2 with Nexus 5 (4.4.2) and haven't had any issues with bluetooth connectivity. As others mentioned, resetting the watch or unpair and re-pairing would be the first things I would try.

Best of luck... let us know how it goes.

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
Done that. I should say that I got a pebble and have 0 issues.. Don't know why it was not working,, tried 2 different ones from 2 different stores.. Bc of that sony refused to even send me another.. They pretty much forced me to return it

bdjam2

Mar 21, 2012
Bronx
Try again? Some Sony phones were updated to 4.4.2 today.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
no problems with my Butterfly S either, just recently got 4.4.2

i did read about wifi disconnects but i guess that's unrelated