[CM10.1|4.2.2] Unofficial JellyBeer-v4.14 [Hybrid] [DPI Groups] [April 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cpgeek

Nov 27, 2007
Storrs, CT
I know bluetooth on JB 4.2.2 is hit-or-miss. But has anyone had any luck fixing it. I read about flapp's kernels - tried 3.0.5 - 3.0.7 and that was a no go. Tried 4Aces kernel and no-go. Tried jamie's ROM 4.2.2 also no-go for BT.. But 4.1.2 works with bluetooth. Is 4.2.2 too different from 4.1.2 that cross-flashing a 4.1.2 kernel will coz me headache?

Any replies appreciated.

you can't cross flash - it's a huge architectural difference and it'll break things.

from what i'm seeing, yes bluetooth (for hid things) is completely broken and works with neither jellybeer 3.57.2 nor cm10.1 (as of 2/19 which is the last build i tested). bluetooth hid devices pair but don't connect after. bluetooth for a2dp seems to be working properly for me though as i was able to successfully pair with and transmit to several bluetooth speaker systems so i'm not sure exactly what's going on, but BT HID devices just plain don't work with current i717 4.2.2 builds from what i'm seeing. if someone here has a method of fixing this, or noticing that it works in more recent builds, or would like to captain this, figure out wtf is wrong, and fix it, I and many others would be greatly appreciative.

dumbquestion

Oct 10, 2007
Central Valley, California
hmm am having troble with usb tring to pass some file from pc to phone , phone freez ? is there any way i can do this and downloading from dropbox is not an option to many nail art pict to transfer Hmmm I wonder what it is then am using flaps alt kernel could that b it ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

I have never had this not freeze with this ROM, but don't care much, I mount in TWRP and the transfer is much faster than USB connect ever was anyway. good luck.

Reactions: ManelScout4Life

twisted metal

Oct 23, 2012
There a couple problems im having with this rom.. 1. when I connect my Note to my pc it doesn't recognize the phone but it will charge it. 2. the camera is blurry but the actual photos look fine its more of a pet peeve . but if you guys have a solution to my problems please let me know. :)

MoJoe277

Apr 22, 2011
Fort Worth, TX.
Re: [CM10.1|4.2.2] JellyBeer-v3.57.2 [DPI Groups] [Feb. 17]

There a couple problems im having with this rom.. 1. when I connect my Note to my pc it doesn't recognize the phone but it will charge it. 2. the camera is blurry but the actual photos look fine its more of a pet peeve . but if you guys have a solution to my problems please let me know. :)

I'm not sure, but I got a feeling that you haven't done much reading in this thread...... Have you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee

Back on it, couldn't wait to get back on this, really like this rom, well honestly I'm a die hard paranoid android fan, and until 4.2.2 PA comes I'll be here when I'm not restoring back to 4.1.2 for work. Just restored all my apps and everything is smooth.

RoloRacer on AOSPA Nexus 10

Last edited:
Reactions: ManelScout4Life

bonez565

Jan 3, 2012
Is anyone else having trouble with MixZing on Jellybeer 3.57.2? I't refuses to open once a song has been paused and wont play until you skip to the next song. Anyone have any ideas?

mo2002

Mar 17, 2009
Southern California

Is anyone else having trouble with MixZing on Jellybeer 3.57.2? I't refuses to open once a song has been paused and wont play until you skip to the next song. Anyone have any ideas?

I had a problem with it on 4.1.2, give mxplayer a shot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC

Try another music player. ...there are lots to choose from if problem persist try flapps newest kernels...if problem persist. ...smack your i717 in the laranex and tell it to play your F N music. .....it worked for me

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda app-developers app

bonez565

Jan 3, 2012
Try another music player. ...there are lots to choose from if problem persist try flapps newest kernels...if problem persist. ...smack your i717 in the laranex and tell it to play your F N music. .....it worked for me

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda app-developers app
If only smacking it worked, I have tried the latest kernel with no luck, for now i'll just use the bundled Apollo, it looks decent and has better compatibility with my Pebble watch to boot. The only real loss is not being able to scrobble to last.fm

twisted metal

Oct 23, 2012

So taking pictures work but recording a video doesnt. I'm assuming there's going to be a fix for this. Are there any alternatives or no.

Update: i did a reboot and now recording actually works.

Last edited:

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL

I have but im a noob at this stuff.. are there alternatives then using usb.. like will airdroid work?

Wifi File Explorer works, and the UI/performance differences are OP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

So taking pictures work but recording a video doesnt. I'm assuming there's going to be a fix for this. Are there any alternatives or no.

Update: i did a reboot and now recording actually works.

I haven't had any issue whatsoever with recording...I think you may he gotten unlucky with a wonky flash. Backup, wipe, reflash. :)

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

you can't cross flash - it's a huge architectural difference and it'll break things.

from what i'm seeing, yes bluetooth (for hid things) is completely broken and works with neither jellybeer 3.57.2 nor cm10.1 (as of 2/19 which is the last build i tested). bluetooth hid devices pair but don't connect after. bluetooth for a2dp seems to be working properly for me though as i was able to successfully pair with and transmit to several bluetooth speaker systems so i'm not sure exactly what's going on, but BT HID devices just plain don't work with current i717 4.2.2 builds from what i'm seeing. if someone here has a method of fixing this, or noticing that it works in more recent builds, or would like to captain this, figure out wtf is wrong, and fix it, I and many others would be greatly appreciative.

HID as in PS3 and Wii Remotes? Or are you working with a different peripheral set? Let's see what we can figure out.

To all:

Please keep in mind that the 4.2x ROMs are previews, built from a CM base. You're not gonna find a fix if a fix doesn't exist. Manuel is great, and if its reasonable and possible, he'll fix it. There are currently no incentive to exclude fixes, for any developer for our device. But there also exists no incentive to duplicate work and create fixes that'll be reworked, or won't be committed to the project. Being a trendsetter on a midnight-showing of a preview-before-the -preview before the release of the preview-for-the-release-of-a-preview will net you a lot of work , and little, to no gain when you see the fix pushed out the next day.

These are unofficial previews which are dang stable, dang fast, and flawless from a feature standpoint. If your needs are niche in nature, you'll likely have better luck in time once we get past the preview stage, or right now with something that isn't a preview.

Car mode (actually my first time even hearing about a car mode for our note....is it a docking profile? An app? Hardware? Send me a PM please!), HID, will probably be pretty low on the Priority-Fix-Totem-Pole, so don't expect a miracle.

With that being said....there's an app for anything. A specific method might not work with your car, but I bet there's an app alternative. There's an app for everything :) HID, however, is another story sadly. I wouldnt expect an app to work its way around an entire protocol :(

But people need to be reasonable with their expectations....their expectations of what's essentially an alpha, or pre alpha, and their expectations for a fix...especially one that goes above and beyond what the CM project currently does. Do you guys remember the CM9 previews? We've gone a looooooooong way since then. :)

This isn't a case of "the fix is out there, grr why isn't this working" because the issue is widespread...but we should clicky-the-thanky button (beyond informing people of their objective-yet-reproducable issues and then moving on) and look to the awesome tweaks and fixes that are exclusive to Manuel and his work, like the flicker workaround.

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee

Got to say I'm really loving the stability on this latest release, I was planning on restoring back to 4.1.2 but if I can get the battery life I need to last me all day, I'll keep this for work.

RoloRacer on AOSPA Nexus 10

bonez565

Jan 3, 2012
Ok so you just check periodically, there is nothing that can be subscribed to then.

Edit: Just downloaded and installed and no i can't get bluetooth to turn on, anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OPMain800.png

CM10.1 BASED HYBRID ROM

BANNER.png

Features
    + Based on CM-10.1
    + PA's hybrid engine for a full user experience
    + Switch between three different UI modes
    + Change the system DPI
    + Add apps to different DPI groups
    + Change the navigation bar height
    + No reboot needed for UI changes
    + More features and improvements
    + This is always a work in progress

Downloads and installation
    Be sure of being in a safe kernel/recovery
    + Removed

+ Copy the ROM to the SD
    + Copy the GApps to the SD
    + Install the ROM and the GApps and
    + If you are already in JellyBeer, do a cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe
    + If you come from any other ROM, do a wipe data
    + Reboot

Source code
    + https://github.com/BeerGang

Credits
    + Thanks to CyanogenMod team, who develop and maintain CM10.1.
    + Thanks to AOKP team for the inspiration (and some code).
    + Thanks to PA team for the inspiration (and some code).
    + Please click their links to donate.

The Beer Gang loves beer
    + Do you like our work? We like beer and we wouldn't mind if you buy us one!!
    + beerbong - Click to donate
    + abhisahara - Click to donate
    + benjamin.j.goodwin - Click to donate
    + jmico
    + davidshaper
    03/12

FlappJaxxx updated his kernel to 3.1.2 give it a try, it should further improve speed+stability.

http://goo.im/devs/flappjaxxx/i717/kernel/3.1.2-TEST

Use the alt kernel if your captive buttons aren't working.
    JellyBeer-v4.14-01APR2013-113910-quincyatt.zip
    b8a008d8881d55acf90bacdf46942057

Changelog
    + BeerGang's github for a complete changelog
    + AOKP navbar (with all its features)
    + Ram bar in recents panel
    + CM's PIE and many more
    + Fixed BootAnimation (Confirmed)
    + Set all App DPI Separate from System
    + Set all App Layout Separate from System
    + Camera External Storage (Confirmed fixed)
    + Stylus Gestures
    + Per App Layout
    + Clock Mods
    + Notification Background
    + Circle Battery Tweaks
    + Wake up when device is plugged in toggle
    + Fixed Hiding clock and it going from top of notifications
    + CRT Off Animations
    + Notification Behaviors
    + Latest CM10.1 Merges
    + and maybe more.

If your market place starts telling
    you apps are not compatible then flash this.

Key things:
    Use SetCpu to OC
    HDMI out is fixed
    ADB is fixed
    Music will play first try
    Thank you flappjaxxx for these things

Common Questions:

Q: Can I use the Samsung SNote, Spen apps?
    A: No
    Will have new build up later today.

BANNER.png

Features
    + Based on CM-10.1
    + PA's hybrid engine for a full user experience
    + Switch between three different UI modes
    + Change the system DPI
    + Add apps to different DPI groups
    + Change the navigation bar height
    + No reboot needed for UI changes
    + More features and improvements