[Q] Problem ! dinc2 to and roms

Search This thread

ghostv7142

Mar 16, 2011
Santa ana
i have been trying to change roms for the past week ! and they seem to flash but when done loading the rom changed but all my old apps and contacts are there nothing changed really but the name of the rom and boot screens ! ive formatted everything i could think of and still ending up w the same result can anyone help ? ive tried miui b4 the roms were not working.... and now im on mik roms working fine ! but i wanna try virtuous rom but cant !

i guess my question is what can i do to fix this problem ! ^^

thank you!

K3nDroid

Feb 14, 2011
San Martin
The reason for this is your not doing the "wipe data/facory reset" which will keep all your apps etc.

you should always wipe data/factory reset when switching between roms.
If your going from cm7 nightlie 80 to cm7 nightlie 81 then no you wouldnt need to do this.

I wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition (well i personally wipe them twice) when flashing roms.

ghostv7142

Mar 16, 2011
Santa ana
hmm ok will try later on tonight ! thanks for the replies ! just to get it straight factory data reset then wipe data dalvik and cache ? and then switch rom ?

K

knucklesmckay

hmm ok will try later on tonight ! thanks for the replies ! just to get it straight factory data reset then wipe data dalvik and cache ? and then switch rom ?

First make a backup of your current setup through Rom manager or Clockwork Recovery. Then wipe data, wipe cache, then wipe dalvick cached. Then install rom from sdcard and find file.

I check the md5sum of Roms on my computer also, to make sure they downloaded in their entirety and aren't corrupted. There is a md5 checker for pc on cnet and you can do it through terminal on Mac.

Please see OX's thread for more info.

K3nDroid

Feb 14, 2011
San Martin
First make a backup of your current setup through Rom manager or Clockwork Recovery. Then wipe data, wipe cache, then wipe dalvick cached. Then install rom from sdcard and find file.

I check the md5sum of Roms on my computer also, to make sure they downloaded in their entirety and aren't corrupted. There is a md5 checker for pc on cnet and you can do it through terminal on Mac.

Please see OX's thread for more info.

once you have the ROM on your sd card (should check it when you have it on the sd card) you can use AFV to check the md5sum from your phone.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=826001

thanks scary alien.