Htc Sensation very poor battery life

Search This thread

toobywedge

Apr 29, 2012
Hello,
I am getting very poor battery life on my Sensation. I am running InsertCoin 2.3.5 with an Anker 1900mah battery. I usually get around 3 hours hardly doing anything. Please help.
thanks,
Lachlan.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
Hello,
I am getting very poor battery life on my Sensation. I am running InsertCoin 2.3.5 with an Anker 1900mah battery. I usually get around 3 hours hardly doing anything. Please help.
thanks,
Lachlan.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Mate, why dont you try with ROM update , current version is InsertCoin 5.4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 EPIC ROM.....
Full wipe and new rom will sort out your batt problem

onemanshow85

Apr 25, 2012
The Hague
Don't u think it's about time to switch to ICS 4.0.3? while u at it delete your battery battery stats. New firmware increased my battery life significant.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

toobywedge

Apr 29, 2012
Don't u think it's about time to switch to ICS 4.0.3? while u at it delete your battery battery stats. New firmware increased my battery life significant.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

Hello,
I really want ICS on my phone but I am not sure how to install it. Would there be an easy tutorial on YouTube or something?
Thanks,
Lachlan

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
Hello,
I really want ICS on my phone but I am not sure how to install it. Would there be an easy tutorial on YouTube or something?
Thanks,
Lachlan

Easy way
1.Download http://www.wuala.com/LuckyThirteen/Elegancia/Official RUU Sensation/ Stock ICS ( you will maintain your S-OFF)
2. Put the file on root of SD
3.Boot your phone in Bootloader, and flash the ROM

Now you are on Stock ICS, download rom that you fancy and flash it away :)

Simple two download :)

Reactions: toobywedge

toobywedge

Apr 29, 2012
Easy way
1.Download Stock ICS ( you will maintain your S-OFF)
2. Put the file on root of SD
3.Boot your phone in Bootloader, and flash the ROM

Now you are on Stock ICS, download rom that you fancy and flash it away :)

Simple two download :)

Thank you for such a quick reply.
I thought it was much more complicated but anyway! Thanks!
Lachlan

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
Thank you for such a quick reply.
I thought it was much more complicated but anyway! Thanks!
Lachlan

I can give you complicated way, just us for it :) You asked for instruction and you tube video, so this is short and sweet way to convert your seny in ICS

Ups i forget one step

When you upgrade your phone to ICS, delete file from your sd,
Download , 4Ext-Recovery-Touch-1.0.0.3-Beta-8 (link) http://vi8.info/HTC-Sensation/Non-Stock-Recovery/ put it on your sd, flash it from bootloader :) same as ROM :)
After first reboot delete it from SD ...

Last edited:

toobywedge

Apr 29, 2012
I can give you complicated way, just us for it :) You asked for instruction and you tube video, so this is short and sweet way to convert your seny in ICS

Ups i forget one step

When you upgrade your phone to ICS, delete file from your sd,
Download , 4Ext-Recovery-Touch-1.0.0.3-Beta-8 (link) put it on your sd, flash it from bootloader :) same as ROM :)
After first reboot delete it from SD ...

Hello,
When I try and flash the ICS rom it starts then in about a second it says "Installation aborted". What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Lachlan

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
Hello,
When I try and flash the ICS rom it starts then in about a second it says "Installation aborted". What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Lachlan

It should be some more information mate reason why the install is aborted ... Are you super CID ? Is your Seny XE or ordinary ?

-=-----------------------------------------
What is inside?
- ROM 3.32.401.105 RELEASE
- Busybox 1.19.4
- Superuser 3.07
- Rooted device

BUGFIX & other Problems

ModelID Problem

If you have the Problem with ModelID you can fix this very easy.
1. Open the ZIP File and edit the android-info.txt
2. Change now the very first line from

Code:
modelid: PG5813001
to

Code:
modelid: PG5813000
3. Save it and flash the file

Last edited:

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore

Your posts are borderline spam at this point.

The only reason you are linking that thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with the op's issue whatsoever, is because that thread links to your thread.

You are again suggesting your 3.12 firmware hack, but this time to someone running a GB rom! Your suggestion will guarentee to bootloop his phone and possibly much worse since he would be mixing GB firmware with ICS firmware! You have done zero testing on that and have no idea how it will react.

Mixing firmwares of completely different versions is VERY risky.

Stop suggestion that people do untested firmware meddling!

Its to the point where you are suggesting this as a fix to everyone with any problem on any rom!

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore

A little clarification.

Dont unpack the zip file so you would need to rezip it. Just open it.

And this way is great because it updates your firmware and rom in 1 easy step. So you will have a completely working ics rom in about 10 minutes.

But you can also just flash the 3.32 furmware you need for ics using a pm58img file preloaded with 4ext recovery, the flash the custom rom of your choice.

But if you do that, make sure to have the custom rom on the sd card first so you will have something to flash. Your old gb rom will not open on the new firmware so tge phone wont be usable right away.

In any case dont sweat it. Switching to ics is twice as easy as it was to root the phone initially.

toobywedge

Apr 29, 2012
It should be some more information mate reason why the install is aborted ... Are you super CID ? Is your Seny XE or ordinary ?

-=-----------------------------------------
What is inside?
- ROM 3.32.401.105 RELEASE
- Busybox 1.19.4
- Superuser 3.07
- Rooted device

BUGFIX & other Problems

ModelID Problem

If you have the Problem with ModelID you can fix this very easy.
2. Change now the very first line from

Code:
modelid: PG5813001
to

Code:
modelid: PG5813000
3. Save it and flash the file

Hello,
I am trying to install SuperCID but I cannot seem to find a working download link.
Thanks.

*Edit* I have the normal Htc Sensation.

Last edited:

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
Ok.
Could you please link me a tutorial or something?
Thanks.

WRITE SUPER CID [YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS ONCE]
(allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...a7be9bdb/4f9daf2b/6/7/2/5/4/0/ADB-Windows.zip or download for LINUX http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...5cfb155568/4f9daf69/6/7/2/5/4/1/ADB-Linux.zip
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
Connect your phone via USB
Your Screen should now read fastboot USB

8. enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
9. enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
10. enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
11. enter the command "fastboot reboot"
12. You can now flash any ROM you like.

toobywedge

Apr 29, 2012
(allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...a7be9bdb/4f9daf2b/6/7/2/5/4/0/ADB-Windows.zip or download for LINUX http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...5cfb155568/4f9daf69/6/7/2/5/4/1/ADB-Linux.zip
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)

9. enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
10. enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
Thank you.
I am just restoring my phone because it got stuck in bootloop on Coindroid. Will try this once it is done.
Thanks

toobywedge

Apr 29, 2012

Hello,
When I am using the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111" it just says waiting for device.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts