Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

teameos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2011
attachment.php
Asus Transformer TF101 Nightlies​
JellyBean 4.2.2​

Continuing on from the success of the EOS ICS&JB roms, we present to you EOS4, based on the latest JELLYBEAN version!
It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms.

EOS 4 is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

For the latest news on Team EOS Asus Transformer releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom or #teameos.

bigrushdog said:
Ok guys, final post. But the adventure continues!

The last solid Eos 4 build is #120

http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos4/nightlies/tf101/EOS-tf101-20130617-120.zip

Timduru continues working from the Eos 4 base with his KatKiss project here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2362764

The CodeFireX project is still in general for now

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2375257

We're (bigrushdog and CodeFireX guys) going balls to the wall getting 4.3 running. So likely next build will be 4.3. So it may be a bit of time still. Watch the general thread for updates and info.

Eos lives on in KatKiss and CodeFireX!

brd

DOWNLOADS:
  • ROM: Team EOS Transformer Nightly builds on goo.im
  • Latest Gapps Package: 4.2.2 Gapps for TF101
  • Older 4.2.1 Eos Gapps for TF101
    If you prefer to have the Swipe feature in the default Keyboard you can use this version, but the Keyboard will crash on auto-correction
    If you use this version, make sure you go the keyboard settings and change these settings:
    + Auto-correction off
    + Show correction suggestions:always hide

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps you'll need to flash one of these package after installing the base rom.

Features & ChangeLogs:
Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving.
The main changes are posted in the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/teameos/wiki/ChangeLog, and are also available from the EOSControlCenter menu => ChangeLog.
For a comprehensive listing of the changes please visit http://review.teameos.org

Please not that this version is for the TF101 model only.
It should work on the TF101G version too but you won't get native 3G support (you can however use PPP Widget to connect to 3G)

--
Main Eos Features:
Eos Control Center, one easy location to control all the customizations.
Performance Settings & Overclockable kernel
Battery Indicator Mods & Dock Battery support
Full Dock keyboard Support with special keys
Wifi with AD-HOC network connection & creation support
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
Status Bar Toggles
Separate or combined EOS Status Bar & Navigation bar hiding for full screen.
Status Bar & Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :p)
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine
Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
And more...

Installation Notes:
These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE TO INSTALL THE LATEST COMPATIBLE ANDROID 4.2 RECOVERY!

Going to EOS4.2.x from a rom < 4.2.x:
  • Backup everything !
  • Go to recovery
  • Make a full wipe / factory reset
  • format /system
  • Flash the rom
  • Flash optional kernel
  • Flash gapps
  • Wipe cache/dalvik
  • Reboot
Updating from EOS 4.2.x #XX to #YY:
You can usually skip the full wipe step.
If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Bug reports & Contribution:
If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/
Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. See post #2 for a detailled how-to report.
Without this we will be unable to track down these errors.

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated every now and then, and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

--
NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
--

Welcome to Team EOS 4 for Asus Transformer

Attachments

• EOS4.png
    EOS4.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 305,304
  • MainScreen.jpg
    MainScreen.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 28,280
  • EOSControlCenter.jpg
    EOSControlCenter.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 26,733
Last edited:

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
Additional info & links

Nightlies Downloads
Previews Downloads - Main Info & differences between Nightlies and Previews
ChangeLog - Changes on teameos gerrit

How to install
Tips
How to report
What to include in the report

GPS:
if it is taking a long time to get a lock or no lock, follow this:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38368206&postcount=2452

Google search:
If the version you're using is crashing when you open Google Now,
go to Settings => Language & Input => Voice Search
then uncheck Hotword Detection.

Other Tips

Last edited:

cimbike

Nov 13, 2008
Until the harware acceleration is fixed soonish into the official builds and the cpu eating fixed.
This preview version should bring you that and the other fixes:
Main Info

How to install
MainchangeLog for the preview
Changes on teameos gerrit
4.2.1 Known issues & Workarounds
How to report an issue

Have fun & Merry Christmas :)

Just flashed B96 to get the close all app feature and it's a nice one to have.
Thx a lot for this awesome preview and wish you a Merry Xmas too.

Reactions: andreasfc

DevourDarkness

Apr 17, 2012
After I wake the tablet, if it's docked with an SD card in the dock the card won't remount unless I go into settings and do it manually.

asder00

Dec 30, 2010
I've tried many build but the launcher was still laggy....

Is the last b96 fixing the launcher lags?

thanx for all your effort!

pkfox

Jan 26, 2012
London
Remove /hide Google search bar

Hi all, is there a way to remove/hide the Google search bar from the home screen ?

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Until the harware acceleration is fixed soonish into the official builds and the cpu eating fixed.
This preview version should bring you that and the other fixes:
Main Info

How to install
MainchangeLog for the preview
Changes on teameos gerrit
4.2.1 Known issues & Workarounds
How to report an issue

Have fun & Merry Christmas :)

RaymanFX maybe you could put that in your #2 spot. Btw how did you snatch that up so quick? I didn't tell anyone I was starting a thread.

sttovo

Sep 17, 2012
Cincinnati
Did you find 4.2 stable enough? I've read about so many bugs inside 4.2 base, that I'm a little bit afraid of upgrading...

I'll test anyway, because TeamEOS3 gave me SoDs after some deep sleep, and I had to move to another Rom.

Thanks to the team.

Desde el móvil...

I've been running on timduru and RaymanFX 's 4.2 ROM for several weeks. I feel it's more stable than 4.1. When setup right, I think performance is better too.

scottyf79

May 1, 2011
United Kingdom *****ez.
B96 is good for me. Keep getting /0's in my list of files when I go into recovery after flashing 4.2 ROMs which is a pain. At one point I had /0/0/0 ....where am I going wrong or what's happening?

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
B96 is good for me. Keep getting /0's in my list of files when I go into recovery after flashing 4.2 ROMs which is a pain. At one point I had /0/0/0 ....where am I going wrong or what's happening?

When I came from stock ICS, I first flashed the latest TWRP recovery then I wiped caches, /data, /system, internal sdcard and factory reset. Then I flashed Team EOS4 and Timduru's kernel and then flashed gapps-JB1212. From that point everytime that I reflash another version of Team EOS4, then I wipe caches and /system, flash the ROM, then the kernel, then the gapps and wipe the caches again and reboot. I, so far, have only seen 1 level of '0' folder under /storage/emulated/. Hope that helps.

droyd4life

Dec 10, 2010
I'm on an old CM recovery and I can't boot into my ROM, so I can't use GooIm manager to swap the recovery easily. Right now I'm just stuck in a boot loop.

sttovo

Sep 17, 2012
Cincinnati
I'm on an old CM recovery and I can't boot into my ROM, so I can't use GooIm manager to swap the recovery easily. Right now I'm just stuck in a boot loop.

Can you flash an older ROM just so you can boot into a working ROM? Then do goo.im install of the latest TWRP? If you can't, then I think you might have to follow one of the threads that shows you how to unbrick or re-root, even though you're not really bricked. There's probably someone else here that can help with that more, I've never had to do this. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    Asus Transformer TF101 Nightlies​
    JellyBean 4.2.2​

Continuing on from the success of the EOS ICS&JB roms, we present to you EOS4, based on the latest JELLYBEAN version!
    It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms.

EOS 4 is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

For the latest news on Team EOS Asus Transformer releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom or #teameos.

bigrushdog said:
    Ok guys, final post. But the adventure continues!

The last solid Eos 4 build is #120

http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos4/nightlies/tf101/EOS-tf101-20130617-120.zip

Timduru continues working from the Eos 4 base with his KatKiss project here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2362764

The CodeFireX project is still in general for now

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2375257

We're (bigrushdog and CodeFireX guys) going balls to the wall getting 4.3 running. So likely next build will be 4.3. So it may be a bit of time still. Watch the general thread for updates and info.

Eos lives on in KatKiss and CodeFireX!

brd

DOWNLOADS:
    • ROM: Team EOS Transformer Nightly builds on goo.im
    • Latest Gapps Package: 4.2.2 Gapps for TF101
    • Older 4.2.1 Eos Gapps for TF101
      If you prefer to have the Swipe feature in the default Keyboard you can use this version, but the Keyboard will crash on auto-correction
      If you use this version, make sure you go the keyboard settings and change these settings:
      + Auto-correction off
      + Show correction suggestions:always hide

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps you'll need to flash one of these package after installing the base rom.

Features & ChangeLogs:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving.
    The main changes are posted in the wiki: http://code.google.com/p/teameos/wiki/ChangeLog, and are also available from the EOSControlCenter menu => ChangeLog.
    For a comprehensive listing of the changes please visit http://review.teameos.org

Please not that this version is for the TF101 model only.
    It should work on the TF101G version too but you won't get native 3G support (you can however use PPP Widget to connect to 3G)

--
    Main Eos Features:
    Eos Control Center, one easy location to control all the customizations.
    Performance Settings & Overclockable kernel
    Battery Indicator Mods & Dock Battery support
    Full Dock keyboard Support with special keys
    Wifi with AD-HOC network connection & creation support
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    Status Bar Toggles
    Separate or combined EOS Status Bar & Navigation bar hiding for full screen.
    Status Bar & Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :p)
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    And more...

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE TO INSTALL THE LATEST COMPATIBLE ANDROID 4.2 RECOVERY!

Going to EOS4.2.x from a rom < 4.2.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.2.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Bug reports & Contribution:
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/
    Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. See post #2 for a detailled how-to report.
    Without this we will be unable to track down these errors.

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated every now and then, and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

Welcome to Team EOS 4 for Asus Transformer
    Additional info & links

Nightlies Downloads
    Previews Downloads - Main Info & differences between Nightlies and Previews
    ChangeLog - Changes on teameos gerrit

How to install
    Tips
    How to report

GPS:
    if it is taking a long time to get a lock or no lock, follow this:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38368206&postcount=2452

Google search:
    If the version you're using is crashing when you open Google Now,
    go to Settings => Language & Input => Voice Search
    then uncheck Hotword Detection.

Other Tips
    Well I'm just on vacation guys... ;)
    I will still be around, no worries, I'm still my user #1, I like to have my TF101 working well ;)
    I now have less than a couple of weeks of vacation left,
    then I'll need to get my DSL back working at home, then I'll see what I do ;)
    So a bit of patience.

I just still don't understand very well the switch to CodeFire, I didn't really get any convincing explanation.
    Sure it's BigRushDog & RaymanFX's choice to decide which team they want to break or join,
    but I don't really see that move beneficial to the TF101, maybe it can help the phone based devices, I don't know.
    CodeFire rom seems to be mostly for phones.
    But what is of interest here is our device the TF101
    I for one would also have waited that the new rom is fully functionnal before doing the switch so that we could at least try it.
    For the moment it's more destructive and demotivating than anything of benefits.

I think one important thing has been forgotten in the EOS breaking process: you, the users.
    I for one always try to think about that as my #1 priority.

As for the close future, as I said before it just seems a waste of time to me at this point to switch while we have a mostly stable EOS4 rom for the TF101.
    I'm not even sure what there is to gain in that rom at all, I for one would like a detailled description of the pro and cons
    and what we have to gain.

Until then the wisest for me for the moment seems to keep building on TeamEOS 4 imho.
    I will most likely just do like good old time with the previews, and improve from there and publish my own versions.
    Just that it wouldn't be previews of what is coming next this time since EOS is dead. ;)
    I might also revert most of the latest modifications and reboot from Preview 202 with a few added things most likely.
    As noted here by a few others, things seems a bit unstable in the latest nightlies and I prefer to stay as stable as possible, even more when I'm on vacation with the TF101 being my only device ;)

Not having to work with TeamEOS and having to take in consideration other devices might actually be beneficial for the TF101 actually.
    Whereas TeamEOS4 needs to maintain compatibility for other devices, and as we've seen in the past break things for the TF101 while adding stuff for other devices too, generating delays, or sometime making compromises that are not optimal for the TF101.

With only the TF101 as a target I can focus on making it better, faster, and with a much lesser painful process than with EOS.

I can also make things work tighter and more tailored for the TF101 in the rom, integrate more things from K.A.T for example
    like the GPS , finer volume control and so on.
    Things like that that really matter for our device and not bloating the rom with less important things and making it less efficient for our old device.
    There are not really much missing though, for the moment I'm quite happy with the latest EOS4 preview myself

It just works well and does what I want. :)

So yeah, no worries it's not the end, we'll still have roms for the TF101. :)
    There are currently more roms than we ever had before, so it might be even time to try them and/or contribute to them.
    I kinda like the way PA is doing things myself, as I've said early in the EOS development and the PhabletUI lag issues, the window manager is really sh*t, and I kinda like that PA has rewritten part of it. I might havve a look at integrating part of that work, as it might be of benefits for the TF101.
    I'm unsure yet which strategy could be the most efficient and best for the device.
    It might also depends how quickly Android 5.0 comes out.
    4.3 seems to be mostly very minor changes..
    So we won't really need to bother with that imho.
    New preview version B145

Rom Download: EOS4.2.1-tf101-20130126_previewB145.zip
    DockBattery update: B145_DockBatteryV3.zip
    (flash after the B145 rom)

Most had been merged into #93 before,
    so that version should be up to version #93 (see ChangeLog link in my Sig for details of the latests changes)
    And in addition you get:
    - Fix boot issue with stock kernel
    - Dock battery icon/text in statusbar
    - the usual Linaro compilation.
    http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/nightlies/tf101

Note also that the stock kernel was making the ntfs ro mounting mask differently than with KatKernel,
    so I've also updated the K.A.T app to 1.2.4 to address that.

Glad to the bluetooth hid problem is line to be fixed now. My log is attached. Happens when I try to sixaxis controller. Used to be working in the cm10 rom i was running.
    Keeps saying it could not set hci raw mode.
    Thanks for the logs. :)

Actually do you think you could generate logs on CM10 when it is working ?
    As I never had a working BT pad, that'd help to see what might be different and making sure I'm not doing something wrong when trying to make it work here. ;)

Basically the best way for me to spot what is going on is you to do that on a rom where your device is working:
    - disable bluetooth
    - reboot

grab a logcat + kmsg (see link in my sig for exact procedure)

- turn on bluetooth
    - connect your device

grab another logcat + kmsg (see link in my sig for exact procedure)

Redo the exact same thing on EOS4.

i don't know why but when i flash b14* the tablet reeboots and it stops on starting apps window!!!
    damn....i'm on 136 and no issues...but i like follow your job tim!!!
    Try B145, it should be fixed.

Running 143b and katkernel 80b and just discovered an issue with usb on my tf.
    When I connect my Sony Nex camera to the dock usb port, I can browse pics in ES explorer under storage/usbdisk0/etc..
    But if the tf goes to sleep or if I turn camera off and then on the tf doesnt see the camera any more.
    If I reboot the tf I can connect to the camera again.

Turning camera on and off doesnt help.

seems as if something regardin USB fails to resume connection after sleep.

Sorry, Im not familiar with attaching logs.

It's the way it works with KatKernel.
    It's normally helping Random Reboots.
    I might have a look again at that later on, but for the moment I prefer to leave it as that as it helps stability.
    So basically if you want your drive back after it goes to sleep,
    - umount it
    - remount it
    Ideally you should unmount then disconnect it before you put the tablet to sleep.

If you prefer it to remount automatically and that it's a critical feature for you,
    then you are better to stay on the stock kernel I think last time I checked it was ok with it.

Just a quick shout-out to you tinduru as I notice some of your posts show a bit of frustration from people not reading previous posts and not supplying logcats etc. Those of us sitting pretty with a perfectly running tablet with no issues at all tend to be pretty quiet. The official rom at version 92 shows over 3600 downloads (and I'm sure 93 will break that record pretty quickly) and that doesn't include us preview users which I'm sure is close to a comparable number.
    Can you imagine if over 4000 people had issues with your rom and posted in thread? Right now it appears there's less than a dozen or so people (and I have read every post in this thread too) that either have very specific needs, busted hardware, constantly re-post their grievance, or flat out don't read well.

The rest of us might chime in once in a while when something major pops up, but please take our general silence as a nod to a job well done. I'm sure many will agree that when it comes to our tablets, you're a frickin' rockstar.

Yeah I hope to think that the majority likes it.
    I know how it works and that there's always a majority of users with issues that are posting in the thread.
    It's normal.
    But yeah it can get frustrating sometime ;)

So don't hesitate to hit the thanks button either on posts that you find useful
    or at least on the messages where I post a new version like this one.
    That way I know if it's heading in the right direction based on the number of thanks / preview ;)

The number of downloads is actually quite interesting too. I had not looked there yet, but yeah.
    Especially when compared to EOS3 downloads: http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/nightlies/tf101
    That should definitely mean EOS4 is on the right way :)
    New version KatKiss #215

Uploaded a new "preview" version #215 :)
    Well technically it's not a preview of anything anymore, hence the new name, and I shall create a new thread at some point too I guess ;)

Download: KatKiss-4.2.2_215.zip
    md5sum: 477782483338f948a2d22ca6d4c09e91
    More information: http://public.timduru.org/Android/tf101/KatKiss/
    KatKernel is not yet included in that first version, so you still need to flash it after the rom.

This version is an hybrid between EOS4 PreviewB202 / 120 and new stuff and shouldn't have the EOS4 #121 microsd bug. :)
    We shall see where it leads to in the future, but most likely will stay close to EOS4 as it's mostly good and stable,
    so we can build on that until the next major Android 5 version. :)

The main motto of the rom being Kiss. Even though the Meerkat could give you a kiss, it stands for Keep it Simple Stupid too ;)
    Which means that just like the other K.A.T stuff, the rom's main goal will be speed/responsiveness, keeping things efficient
    while cutting out some of the bloat in the future too.

Test & Report to confirm that we're back on track and then we can build up on top of that version :)

ChangeLog:
    =7/11/13 - V215=
    - Critical Security fix for Bug 8219321 (Android apk MasterKey exploit)
    - Browser: Reorg of the pie control + add Pie Feature to go to Bottom/Top of page
    - Include MediaScanner Filters by default (so you do not need to install them from the K.A.T app again after installing the rom)
    - Rom versions change
    - Deactivate GooManager versions to avoid notifications of flashing older EOS4 121
    - Default Kernel interactive threshold decrease for quicker speed boost/responsiveness.