S3 vs. Nexus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
I own an s3 and I love it. I also played with the nexus 4 and it's an awesome phone idk why so many people on the s3 forum are so hateful of it lol.

Seriously though lol.. Stop making it seem like it's a low end phone. Especially if you've never used it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
I own an s3 and I love it. I also played with the nexus 4 and it's an awesome phone idk why so many people on the s3 forum are so hateful of it lol.

Seriously though lol.. Stop making it seem like it's a low end phone. Especially if you've never used it.

The problem is that its a forum and its not like they are normal people and its specific to one device, so expect one sided answers. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011

Who said it's a low end phone? It just really depends on what you want in a phone. For me, I'm never going to feel comfortable buying a phone without expandable memory or removable battery so the nexus was never even considered. I personally don't understand how lg/google can put out a phone with only 16gbs storage and no ability to expand it. Plus, that glass back is real nice looking until it's dropped and cracks.

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
Who said it's a low end phone? It just really depends on what you want in a phone. For me, I'm never going to feel comfortable buying a phone without expandable memory or removable battery so the nexus was never even considered. I personally don't understand how lg/google can put out a phone with only 16gbs storage and no ability to expand it. Plus, that glass back is real nice looking until it's dropped and cracks.

It's a phone lol 16 gb is enough. That's why there are computers, laptops, tablets, mp3 players, dvds, etc.

They need to stick ya ass in Africa to live in a clay house where you can barely eat then I'll ask you if 16gb is enough lol.

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
It's a phone lol 16 gb is enough. That's why there are computers, laptops, tablets, mp3 players, dvds, etc.

They need to stick ya ass in Africa to live in a clay house where you can barely eat then I'll ask you if 16gb is enough lol.

So people should have to own 6 different devices plus a camera and a photo album too when my one device can do all of the above you stated? I had a tablet... sold it because my phone did all of the same things... my laptop and camera collect dust because my phone handles those functions for me. Only thing I don't use my phone for is dvds because if im not going to see the movie in a theater, im most likely not gonna watch it anyways. I just don't get your thought process. Maybe you live in Africa so 16gb is plenty for you, but I live in the USA and I dont find it logistically efficient to own 8 different objects to do all of the same thing my phone can do.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
So people should have to own 6 different devices plus a camera and a photo album too when my one device can do all of the above you stated? I had a tablet... sold it because my phone did all of the same things... my laptop and camera collect dust because my phone handles those functions for me. Only thing I don't use my phone for is dvds because if im not going to see the movie in a theater, im most likely not gonna watch it anyways. I just don't get your thought process. Maybe you live in Africa so 16gb is plenty for you, but I live in the USA and I dont find it logistically efficient to own 8 different objects to do all of the same thing my phone can do.

You already own most of them so I don't see your thought process.

Your complaining about owning these devices but you already have them lol.

And no I don't live in Africa I live in Florida.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011

Who are you to tell me what I want and/or need? I'm not insulting anybody, I'm just telling you for my purposes I don't consider 16gb's to be enough and don't choose to buy any non-expandable phone. Anyway you look at it, WTH does africa have to do with anything, I'm pretty sure if you are able to type on this forum you're already better off than the people living in a clay house you're referring to.

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
Who are you to tell me what I want and/or need? I'm not insulting anybody, I'm just telling you for my purposes I don't consider 16gb's to be enough and don't choose to buy any non-expandable phone. Anyway you look at it, WTH does africa have to do with anything, I'm pretty sure if you are able to type on this forum you're already better off than the people living in a clay house you're referring to.

I am and I'm thankful for it unlike some that always complain about stuff like expandable storage when some people don't have anything to store.

And I never said what you need or want, simply saying it's a great phone, don't like it, don't complain and don't buy it. The end lol.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
I am and I'm thankful for it unlike some that always complain about stuff like expandable storage when some people don't have anything to store.

And I never said what you need or want, simply saying it's a great phone, don't like it, don't complain and don't buy it. The end lol.

Yeah, you and I are clearly not communicating. I give up, good luck with whatever.

Reactions: pcriz

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012

Right... had all of the devices for 4+ yrs too. How good was your smartphone 4yrs ago? Don't worry. I don't expect you to understand much. I've seen your posts around here and its not surprise. Let me dumb it down for you. I had multiple devices that all did individual tasks. Then a quality smartphone came out. Suddenly, I no longer had a need for most of those devices. My one smartphone handles all of those tasks, and is a lot easier to carry around. Hooefully that explanation was elementary enough for your southern education level :D

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
16gb is enough is you don't store you're entire music library non your phone. Google is really pushing cloud services with nexus devices. The point is , if that is not enough memory then don't buy it but still it is a great piece of technology. Had a 16gb phone and never had a storage problem. But that is me. I've seen people on here who buy 64 GB SD cards and have movies and tons ofusic on there. I have a pro camera at home, corder and still prefer those over my phone and mainly use Pandora to listen to music. I'm simple I guess.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Crisisx1

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
Its a downgrade from the s3... and that's what the thread topic is debating. Simply stated

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
Right... had all of the devices for 4+ yrs too. How good was your smartphone 4yrs ago? Don't worry. I don't expect you to understand much. I've seen your posts around here and its not surprise. Let me dumb it down for you. I had multiple devices that all did individual tasks. Then a quality smartphone came out. Suddenly, I no longer had a need for most of those devices. My one smartphone handles all of those tasks, and is a lot easier to carry around. Hooefully that explanation was elementary enough for your southern education level :D

Aren't you the same guy that I owned because you couldn't count the number of words in a sentence? Lol yeah please have a seat.

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
had the n4: **** that phone. non-removeable battery was terrible once you started using the phone, had to hold it like a premature baby so you dont shatter either front or back glass, during use, phone got so hot you could fry eggs from front or back of the phone, non expandable 16gb space. oh and btw i had two of em since tmobile sent me two. i didnt wanna believe the whole LG product sucks story but damn did that phone make me reconsider with such haste. i used the phone for a week, returned em and got the s3. happy as hell. you pay for what u get but even still, the price is too much for that hot glass garbage. so much potential on a phone all to no avail. rants over :)

Crisisx1

May 8, 2011
Orlando, FL
had the n4: **** that phone. non-removeable battery was terrible once you started using the phone, had to hold it like a premature baby so you dont shatter either front or back glass, during use, phone got so hot you could fry eggs from front or back of the phone, non expandable 16gb space. oh and btw i had two of em since tmobile sent me two. i didnt wanna believe the whole LG product sucks story but damn did that phone make me reconsider with such haste. i used the phone for a week, returned em and got the s3. happy as hell. you pay for what u get but even still, the price is too much for that hot glass garbage. so much potential on a phone all to no avail. rants over :)

You should of sued them for second degree burns if it got so hot that you can fry eggs on it :)

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You should of sued them for second degree burns if it got so hot that you can fry eggs on it :)

damn, a little too late now. but seriously, it got stupid hot just from 5 minutes of web browsing or anytime you're doing something that involves the screen being on. look up on google about other peoples complaints on the heat matter

pcriz

Sorry friend, 16 is enough for you.. Being on Tmo with it's spotty coverage outside of large cities I have to keep most of my media on my device. Don't assume because you get by on 16 everyone else surely can to. That's the wonder of this market, option and it is one that was not provided to us by LG and Google..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trast me keep the s3 just in case u get bored form the N4. I was in the same situation. I used the nexus 4 for a week trying all the ROMs, and the moles color settings (we which didn't even help lost the brightness), then picked up the s3 and it felt so good in the hands. The n4 is heavy when you use it for 2-3 hours. So GS3 is so much more with all the TW and Aosp ROMs its much better. One week I use TW other Aosp AOKP cyanogenmod PA and much more. Just keep the s3 for a month.

Lol the N4.... Heavy....? Seems light to me. You've gotta be crazy.

Its apple and oranges guys, like what you like and stop trying to convince other people why you think x is better than y.

S3 is great and offers some cool stuff with TW.

N4 is great with superior speed and quick updates.

No need for an argument.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Also if I could get on a soap box, I love how some people drink the Google koolaid much the same way people do for Apple.. Any perceived short coming of said device was "for a good reason" which is usually unknown..

When we were touting the awesomeness of removable batteries and expandable storage over iPhones it was all the rave for Android Fanboys to throw that in the face of iPhone users.. Well when Nexus went that same route apparently so many had an epiphany and saw the light of what Apple had been doing all along..

I'm all about choice, do I need 64gb of storage, no. But if someone is selling a Class 10 32gb for 10 bucks. I like having the option to expand because why the hell not.