Nexus 5 stuck on boot animation

Search This thread

alvarezpja

Sep 4, 2010
Hi all,

My nexus 5 is stuck on the boot animation after a normal reboot.
I was not doing anything ROM related.

I'm in 4.4.2, rooted, TWRP and with faux kernel. But all this stuff has been working flawesly the last weeks. No relevant changes in the last days.

Last thing I did, was upgrading some xposed modules: gravitybox and others.
Just reboot to enable new versions downloaded and the phone is stuck in the boot animation.

I know that probably doing a factory reset/wipe data will solve my problem, but it has been two weeks from my last backup and I don't want to lose my last tasker stuff..... As adb is working maybe I could copy some data to the PC...

I attach my logcat, and maybe someone has any idea on the problem or howto to extract latest tasker data...

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    314.9 KB · Views: 18

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Did you change to ART instead of Dalvik because ART does not work with xposed and probably never will (per xposed announcement).

Factory reset is probably best option, or you could possibly dirty flash your ROM file again.

alvarezpja

Sep 4, 2010
Flashed the zip, xposed is now disabled but the phone is still stuck on the boot animation.

I have also flashed the stock kernel just in case....

I didn't reboot in the last week so it can be any changes I make during this period... :(

Any guide/advice for understanding a logcat?

Last edited:

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Flashed the zip, xposed is now disabled but the phone is still stuck on the boot animation.

I have also flashed the stock kernel just in case....

I didn't reboot in the last week so it can be any changes I make during this period... :(

Any guide/advice for understanding a logcat?

Now that xposed is disabled what about factory reset/wiping cache and dalvik now?

Sent from my Nexus 5

alvarezpja

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks to the guys at the tasker forum, I was able to recover some important data before the wipe.

I also pull all /data/data which was useful for example to recover my google authenticator configuration....

As expected, a factory reset was the solution.

Thanks guys for your ideas ;)

Top Liked Posts