[LP][5.0.x][MB886/MOTO8960_JBBL] VanirAOSP - Heavy Metal Android Development

Search This thread

D J Richert

Jul 5, 2010
Smiths Creek
Moto 8960 or MB886?

Hello friends quick question plz, I'm trying to install kitkat on a friends Atrix HD and see all these ROMs that say msm8690. Are these usable on the Atrix HD or are they specific to another phone? I have an SGSIII and don't know much about the Atrix HD but I'm learning.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Samsung SGSIII using XDA Free mobile app[/QUOTE]

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Hello friends quick question plz, I'm trying to install kitkat on a friends Atrix HD and see all these ROMs that say msm8690. Are these usable on the Atrix HD or are they specific to another phone? I have an SGSIII and don't know much about the Atrix HD but I'm learning.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Samsung SGSIII using XDA Free mobile app
[/QUOTE]

Any ROM prior to 1 July should be displaying msm8960 and will be able to be flashed. Any ROM after that will be msm8960_jbbl due to the fact that we have not received an official KK release from Moto.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: D J Richert

rangapsr

vanir has a jellybean bootloader build as well.. have been using it for a while and its good
http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/moto_msm8960_jbbl/
@progrockguy can you update the main thread..
there are two issues with the build though.. it doesn't come preloaded with any file manager and vanir keyboard keeps crashing so you may have to install a keyboard via recovery..
do any1 know about bug tracking or other means to update vanir team about these issues?

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Good job in finding this rom but if this is not something on development or you are working on then this is a rom sharing which should be posted at the general forum instead i believe like all others are doing.

U plan on updating validus 6.2 and or Tesla? Thanks.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I asked here cuz this is the most recent thread he visited. Plus I saw him online ..he didn't answer me on the thread so I thought I'd msg him here. Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Free mobile app

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
vanir has a jellybean bootloader build as well.. have been using it for a while and its good
http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/moto_msm8960_jbbl/
@progrockguy can you update the main thread..
there are two issues with the build though.. it doesn't come preloaded with any file manager and vanir keyboard keeps crashing so you may have to install a keyboard via recovery..
do any1 know about bug tracking or other means to update vanir team about these issues?

this one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2683962

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
did anyone got it working?? last i checked in this thread
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...opmsm8960-kkbl-jbbl-blisspop-official/page-12
it mentioned that it needed new recoverires.. xt907 works fine i guess. we may have to wait for the new recovery for AHD :(

I guess recovery is a big issue across both sides of the former msm_8960 unified builds. Last i heard dhacker had said that he would work on a twrp for us soon. No eta on it of course, he's got his hands full that guy does

Edit: might come soon, he just knocked out 3 device recoveries (kkbl, but still, its a step forward)

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Tim3tripp3r

TabascoTX

Jun 13, 2009
South Central Texas
Redmi 9A
Vanir has always been stable on ASOP, but, Vanir Lolipop is completely unusable because all it does at boot is give an NFC service error,cant even get through the setup. Is there anyway I can take that out of the zip before flashing?

Last edited:

Justatechie

Jul 17, 2014
Do you know how to remove the NFC service in their LP 5.0 nightlies?
Well to do that you have to extract the system.new.dat in order to get into the actual system folder.
I just don't know how to repack it with the same permissions, so it might require linux in order to do that.
Do some research maybe there is a way to repack those new .dat files. That may be the only way to get rid of the nfc service stuff.

Other than that a new nightly of Vanir is out so check it out first.
Edit: They found a way and it does require ubuntu
http://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/how-to-conver-lollipop-dat-files-to-t2978952

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enjoy!

TeamVanir presents
    VANIR
    Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    omniswitch
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    improved notification handling (active display & halo are in review also)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta

Sources

VanirAOSP
    Kernel

Credits
    Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, Anarkia1976 for his kernel, and JakeDay for stocking our CRANE GAME with plush toys.

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

Instructions

First time, be gentle:
    1. Make sure that you have the latest CWM/Philz/TWRP
    2. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system
    3. Proceed with "been around the block instructions"

Been around the block:
    1, wipe dalvik and cache
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Gapps
    4. Apply NFC Workaround (for MB886; see note below)
    5. Reboot & Profit

For fast support, visit us on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111378032131473754160

Donations
    If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
    NuclearMistake
    Sonicxml
    DHO
    PrimeDirective
    Styr

Disclaimer: If you brick your phone, or drop it because it's so buttery, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Download: MB886 (JBBL)

All Other Moto Builds (do not use MOTO_MSM8960_JBBL anymore; it is deprecated)

ISSUES/NOTES:
    - NFC Service causes infinite FC-loop upon boot. Workaround is to delete the NFC APKs from recovery.
    I have just discovered that VANIR AOSP has posted 5.0.2 nighties for the moto_msm8960_jbbl.
    Heres the link if anyone wants to try this:
    http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/
    Good job in finding this rom but if this is not something on development or you are working on then this is a rom sharing which should be posted at the general forum instead i believe like all others are doing.

Vanir has been building for our family this entire year -- the nightlies are hosted on official Vanir servers -- and no one's known about it except xt907 guys. That's a major shame for all rom lovers and crackflashers. So I took it upon myself to be a good-faith "thread maintainer" and spread the word :good:

Let's be honest, bro, no one looks in General for roms. It's a graveyard there. These are official nightlies, and they deserve the respect of being in Development. If Team Vanir ever makes an official thread, I'll take this down.
    This would probably be my daily driver if only the battery life was better. I just like the feel of it. For now I've dropped back to validus.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using xda app-developers app