TF201 Docks - Please post latest sources!

Search This thread

robomo

Dec 31, 2011
GREAT SITE TO SEE WHAT'S IN STOCK: http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/tablets/asus/accessories/
---------------------------------------------
EBAY:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...312&_nkw=tf201+dock&_sacat=See-All-Categories
English-only available docks on eBay for ~$250 with Buy it now.

Chinese/English TF201 docks available now off ebay for $185 shipped.
They're come with a bi-lingual keyboard, English is primary.

GUddZ.jpg

Bought one, will report back.

Last edited:

JoeyLe

Aug 29, 2010
I heared you get Taiwanese/Chinese(?) letters above the normal letters, should look out if you don't want that..

cyi1

Nov 12, 2010
who knows how long it would take to get it... might as well try shopblt.com since theyre supposedly receiving 200 grey / 200 champagne docks in 2 days.

Godswrath

Dec 30, 2011
Yeah, it says right on the ebay page "Please Note: The keyboard is English and Chinese symbols."

robomo

Dec 31, 2011
who knows how long it would take to get it... might as well try shopblt.com since theyre supposedly receiving 200 grey / 200 champagne docks in 2 days.

:( Damn - would have saved myself $50 with shopblt -
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop...110020050010_BLL5656P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID!

Really wanted to have the keyboard when my Prime arrives in a few days however, so I'll pay for the privilege of not waiting on a pre-order list.

Yeah, it says right on the ebay page "Please Note: The keyboard is English and Chinese symbols."
English is the primary language on the keys, and Chinese in tiny print in the right of the each key. If I ever want to learn Chinese I'm set :D:rolleyes:

Be31l.jpg

Last edited:

Sokonomi

Dec 31, 2011
I find it weird to see you guys scrambling to get a dock, over here its a mandatory part of the 32gb package.
We only have 32gb with dock, and 64gb without dock, both packages priced the same.

tdp252

Dec 30, 2011
I bought mine from this guy. I personally had a great experience with the transaction and received tracking information very promptly. I have no idea how this happened but I received it in about 8 days. I was expecting it to take at least 5 days to clear US customs alone and wasn't really expecting it's arrival so quickly. Your mileage may vary.

The Chinese symbols don't bother me very much. I don't really look at the keyboard when I type anyway.

ben549

Jan 2, 2012
Ordered mine from Newegg earlier today!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

robomo

Dec 31, 2011
I bought mine from this guy. I personally had a great experience with the transaction and received tracking information very promptly. I have no idea how this happened but I received it in about 8 days. I was expecting it to take at least 5 days to clear US customs alone and wasn't really expecting it's arrival so quickly. Your mileage may vary.

The Chinese symbols don't bother me very much. I don't really look at the keyboard when I type anyway.

Thank you for the great feedback on this -

djsaad1

Mar 18, 2010
paid $50 more, but I bought a u.s. one from ebay. They pop up every now and then.

slugbug2010

Oct 12, 2010
Austin, Tx
You mean $50 over the original price, or over $185?

There's a great number of them on eBay in the $220-250 range.

Mine arrives tomorrow from Abe's of Maine, exactly 6 days after ordering it (I ordered around midnight so really 5 days plus we had another holiday for shipping.)

If I didn't want it sooooooo bad I would be tempted to profit on it. Ain't happening.

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
I ordered mine from newegg earlier. I received a text at 5:14 and ordered it by 5:19. I wasn't missing out on this one lol.

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
I just don't get it.?Why on earth are the docks so hard to find? I figured the tablet would be hard to find.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GREAT SITE TO SEE WHAT'S IN STOCK: http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/tablets/asus/accessories/
    ---------------------------------------------
    EBAY:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...312&_nkw=tf201+dock&_sacat=See-All-Categories
    English-only available docks on eBay for ~$250 with Buy it now.

Chinese/English TF201 docks available now off ebay for $185 shipped.
    They're come with a bi-lingual keyboard, English is primary.

GUddZ.jpg

Bought one, will report back.
    First and foremost....I got my Prime today. Its perfect. No light leakage...No WIFI issues, GPS works, No loose screen, Update took 5 minutes and had no issues. Keep the faith people...There are good primes out there...We just see a majority of the issues here on the forums.

Now to the order of business. I am a seasonal Best Buy employee (Senior at Purdue University who works here during christmas...mainly for the sick employee discount). You CAN CURRENTLY get the Grey dock at ANY Best Buy store. They are still not available to order online and you will not find the device in the store that day, but they are obtainable. The process is as follows.

1) Simply walk into said Best Buy.
    2) Head to the computer department and find someone who does not look stupid.
    3) Tell them you would like to do an OMS order for the Asus transformer prime dock.
    4) They will say they cant do it and cant find a SKU.
    5) Give them this sku: 4175048
    6) They will be able to OMS ship either to that store...or to your house.
    7) Wait a week or so, depending on when you order...(Our trucks come from the Chicago warehouse every Thusday night so it totally depends on when that store gets shipments from its warehouse)
    8) Recieve your dock ahead of schedule.

This does work as I have done it for myself and have a dock on our truck due this Thursday the 5th. I only saw around 200 available in the Chicago warehouse.

Just as a quick update on the units themselves...I have just today started to see them moving through RSS (our investory software). Only 2 of them were shipped to the largest store in central Indiana which I bet are OMS or some sort of .Com orders. You are not able to OMS the actual tablet.

-Quix.
    Is it just me or does that english/Chinese dock from Ebay look a little too black/grey colored? I want to order one but it definitely doesn't look like it's the same purple color as the stock photo on the top of the ebay page.... I don't want a black dock!

It could be just a bad picture. There's a thread going round that mentions pictures can lie about the gray color.

Will let you know when I get mine.
    picture please. I am dreading about to order the grey dock when I have a champagne tablet.

Here's a few pictures of the Champagne Tablet/Gray Keyboard combo I have. I've been trying to get some decent pics for several days, these are hard to photograph because of all the shiny surfaces. But found some inside afternoon light just now, and they came out sort of okay:

Top View

Open Inside View

Outside View Partly Open

Side View