Upgrade early?

Search This thread

HTCluva

Dec 30, 2010
Last summer they let me upgrade my device 1 year through my 2 year contract if I renewed my 2 year contract again...I was wondering if they will let me do it again this summer?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

kvswim

Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
From what I've heard they will usually let you get an upgrade 6 months early if you call them. Never heard of 1 year though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

HTCluva

Dec 30, 2010
Yeah I just had to pay $20 extra than normal 2 year price. It would be nice if I could and im hoping. Ill go in in june and see what they say

Paddington

Dec 19, 2011
Would you mind keeping us posted with what happens? I'm curious to see if this is indeed possible.

DROID3R

Oct 8, 2011
Verizon usually will send you a mailer home after one year letting you know about upgrading early (in certain instances) . But you must upgrade withing a certain amount of time ..if you choose not to they will take that offet off the table and youll have to wait 8 more months (youboriginal upgrade date) before you can upgrade at discounted price.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

HTCluva

Dec 30, 2010
Cool thanks for letting me know and yes I will keep it updated

bairste

Mar 21, 2012
Early Upgrade

Verizon has removed early upgrades. You will be eligible at the 20 month mark. I am a verizon rep and have to talk to people every day about this. I know in some instances they will push forward an upgrade in order to keep a customer, but just wanting an upgrade will not justify that action. With that, it looks like you will be in your phone a little longer.

HTCluva

Dec 30, 2010
Aw that's to bad...looks like im gonna be putting out about $500+ in june then lol

sanman6046

Account currently disabled
Jan 6, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
As stated by bairste, they no longer offer this. If I'm not mistaken, this was part of the New Every 2 offer they used to offer. The main account of any plan would be eligible for upgrade much earlier than the usual 2 years. Unfortunately, this is no longer available.

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
You would have to check after a year. I think that you upgraded AFTER they removed the early upgrade, but check your account online to be sure. Odds are, you'll have the choice of waiting until 20 months, or paying full retail. Good news is, if you have a 4G phone and go to a 4G phone that has the same sized SIM, upgrading is as easy as putting the old SIM in the new phone.

HTCluva

Dec 30, 2010
Do you know if the galaxy nexus uses the sim we have or micro sim? Im thinking about buying one