[CM10.1|4.2.2] Unofficial JellyBeer-v4.14 [Hybrid] [DPI Groups] [April 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tikiflame

Oct 17, 2012
Beer Googles

!! HANDS IN THA AIR FOR THIS ROM !! :highfive:
A Huge thanks for this one, I've went through a few roms for my new GN2, and WhaLa this is it. :good:
almost every customization I was looking for.
the dpi setting was a breeze, no reboot reboot reboot to set dpi
Just in case your wondering which ones I didnt find in this rom were minor ones like
-ability to customize status bar pulldown with color or custom image.
-ability to use custom ringtone, even though I was like :cyclops: when I seen the list included :victory: -Terminated- I think i will just use it :D

the custom boot ani.zip is amazing ! Thanx Yo !

I found some custom boot ani's Here They are for the Nexus but worked for me, just had to dig out the bootanimation.zip

if i find anything wrong in the next few days i will let you know yo.

? anyone find a good icon set ?

LaTeR yO ! *-_Tikiflame_-*

went from Galaxy Captivate SlimRom to GN2 Jelly Beer :p

ManelScout4Life

Oct 18, 2006
Newark, NJ
Thanks! Is there a changelog somewhere for 4.0?

Just in CM it self there's been thousands of changes since the last build.
For us specifically this build fixes Bluetooth (in calls and adb), fixes all mic
issues (video recording, Google now, etc) and for Jellybeer itself:

First beta of JellyBeer-v4.0.0 uploading.

Remember that this is a work in progress and the new version of the ROM is still in beta phase.

We've reworked all the framework and settings to use PA's hybrid engine (please consider donating to them for their hard work).
Not all old features in v3+ have been ported. Some of them will, some won't. Don't ask for them as we already know what will be ported.
You need to reboot to apply changes in DPI to lockscreen.

If you are on JellyBeer 3+, don't restore you old backup of the conf as it has changed and may cause malfunctions. Start your conf from scratch.

Please post all the issues you may find.

Cheers.

skochw

Aug 27, 2012
Just in CM it self there's been thousands of changes since the last build.
For us specifically this build fixes Bluetooth (in calls and adb), fixes all mic
issues (video recording, Google now, etc) and for Jellybeer itself:

Ah ok, thanks. I think I might have to switch back to JB3, though... :(

Last night I woke up to get a drink, tried to check the time on my phone (charging next to my bed), but it was totally unresponsive. The LED indicator was on like it normally is when charging, but none of the buttons did anything (not even holding down power). I had to remove the battery.
Anyone else run into this?

spawn50ak49

Feb 12, 2011
been running this rom changing dpi groups to the way I like it. phone dpi to 240. ui mode to tablet ui. one thing I noticed is that in the 320 dpi group it shows 2 apps in the dpi group. I select the 320 dpi group and no apps are visible. I deleted the 320 dpi group rebooted then re-added the 320 dpi group. After I re-added it it still shows that there are 2 apps in the group, but they don't show in the list when you open the 320 dpi group. wiped everything except external sd when flashing rom using TWRP 4.2.2 and the recommended gapps.

EDIT:::: typo using TWRP 2.4.2.0

Last edited:

ManelScout4Life

Oct 18, 2006
Newark, NJ
been running this rom changing dpi groups to the way I like it. phone dpi to 240. ui mode to tablet ui. one thing I noticed is that in the 320 dpi group it shows 2 apps in the dpi group. I select the 320 dpi group and no apps are visible. I deleted the 320 dpi group rebooted then re-added the 320 dpi group. After I re-added it it still shows that there are 2 apps in the group, but they don't show in the list when you open the 320 dpi group. wiped everything except external sd when flashing rom using TWRP 4.2.2 and the recommended gapps.

EDIT:::: typo using TWRP 2.4.20

This is a beta it will have a few kinks, is it causing you issues?

spawn50ak49

Feb 12, 2011
This is a beta it will have a few kinks, is it causing you issues?

ui draw issues. system ui, launcher and android system are in the 240 dpi group. you go to the app drawer and the icons are still large and the doc divider bar doesn't draw all the way across. when the dock is set to 5 horizontal icons the icons on the doc on the home screen are larger then 240 dpi. I deleted the 320 dpi group. If I install apex launcher and add it to the 240 dpi group the icons in the app drawer are all smashed together. and the icons in the doc are smashed together. it's like there are no margins.

vjoom

May 21, 2010
Re: [CM10.1|4.2.2] JellyBeer-v4.0.0 [Hybrid] [DPI Groups] [Feb. 27]

Excellent ROM. Been using for few days with no major issue. Camera crash sometime but no big deal. Also love the individuals DPI feature.

Sent from my GT-N7105

ManelScout4Life

Oct 18, 2006
Newark, NJ
Excellent ROM. Been using for few days with no major issue. Camera crash sometime but no big deal. Also love the individuals DPI feature.

Sent from my GT-N7105

The camera will crash whenever using touch to focus with the flash on. So to solve this you can either turn the flash off or when you have the flash on only use the blue button to take pics

Reactions: vjoom

Tikiflame

Oct 17, 2012
( a couple of days later) Im back !
I've been checking out some other roms and Keep going back to my Backup of Jelly Beer 3.57.
I even tried a clean install of Jelly Beer 4.00. had an issue with the way dpi quick changes instead of reboot. the icons didnt scale down when changing dpi from 320 to 213. it cut the edges off on desktop and smashed em together in the drawer.
( edit - Im sure i could have fixed this in the per app dpi settings and set nova launcher to be 220 dpi )
I set desktop grid 7 x 7 and drawer grid the same. phablet ui
-4.0.0 was neat that all the optoins set on the fly with no reboot, nice work there :)
-also while in 4.0.0 settings fc a lot maybe i was changing stuff too fast and didnt give it time to stabilize :p

:highfive: Thanx for this Awesome Rom !

LaTeR yO ! *-_Tikiflame_-*

Last edited:

ashwill

Nov 22, 2012
Hi there, there is a glitch on changing the DPI for the Setting, when I change the system DPI the Setting is not affected, I don't know if it is doing it on purpose or not. And while I think I can change the DPI solely for the Setting it stops responding everything I try to open it. Could you look into it please? I really really like your ROM. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts