[ROM]Special Pro Classic 6.49.000.1[Online 04/01/10]

Search This thread

jmckeejr

Aug 11, 2008
Altoona, Pa
www.mckeeflooring.com
HTC Decided That Old Users would not miss the Camera Button and they only care about the New users:mad:. I do miss the extra Camera Button And i miss a decent D-Pad, how the hell are we supposed to play Games. If i'm correct these Long_ hooks should be somewhere in KbdNopAll.dll or keypad.dll

No Camera in there, but i do wonder what some of these do and react to
Short_Power.lnk
Long_Power.lnk
Short_PTT.lnk
Long_PTT.lnk
Short_SMS.lnk ?
Long_Send.lnk
Short_Explore.lnk ?
Short_OperaL.lnk ?
Short_Messaging.lnk ?
Short_SMS.lnk ?
As Raphael does not have Internet buttons.

Which Gives me change of the first finished "Removed Packages" attachments.

Small Tute on Using These .XDAS files.

I have removed packages from the ROM that i really never have any need for personally.
I will try to provide these as .XDAS files instead of Cabs.

They are quicker and leave less mess than a .cab file
Download the file, then take away the .zip extension.
Then drop them into the XDA_UC folder on your SD card before Flashing.
Or you can execute them on the device by renaming the .xdas extension to .xda after flashing.
This is of course only if you need this particular part.
Do not rename the package beyond taking away the .zip extension as it will not install.

These hooks are in keypad.dll, there is an app(PTT Mod) which adds them all to Settings>Buttons even with icons. Should be in OEM repo, or send me a PM and I'll give you the Legacy version. Thanks for the scripts. Might throw the SMS threading into my new PHM Administrative folder ;) Thanks, and dont forget to grab the updated icon in OEM Repo too.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Fantastic rom :)

thanks

Great to hear from a very early version of the rom at least i know i'm doing something good.

I will add Dutch Keyboard support in next versions BTW haven't had the time yet.

As for current stuff:
I have chosen to remove the ConnectionSetupDownload from the Package.
I had already disabled it, but since this is XDA and we can alway get the latest and the greatest, i see no use for a service that downloads uopdated Connection settings that rarely get updated more then the ones we already finsd and cook in. One less Service killed.

Attachments

• PACKAGE_Noonski_BTSAP_0409_3_1_0_0R2.xdas.zip
    39.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
Noonski, I was just eager to see full ROM screenshots, like program icons, settings, about, device info. That would be good marketing tool too. ;)

dwmackay

Oct 16, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Greetings Noonski,

I tried your ROM last night. It looks like it will be a great product when completed. I noted a couple of items that you may wish to look at.

1. This was the first ROM I tried that did not pick-up my previous time & date.
  2. When I clicked on the clock in TF to set the correct time, I added a city and the keyboard poped-up, but would not work. I pressed keys, but nothing happened. I did the same thing later and the keyboard did not pop up, so maybe it was not supposed to the first time. Also I tried using the vertical a-z list on the right to select United States. I highlighted the U, but did not move the list. It just stayed at the top and it was necessary to scroll.
  3. Backlight settings could not survive the first 2 soft resets. They went back to default. After 2 it worked fine.
  4. I initially liked the look of the menus for Programs, Setting etc... but they became confusing and cluttered with so many nested menus all stacked on top of each other. I would be 4 or 5 menus deep and if I pressed the back key, it would close all of them, not just the one I was in. It made navigating the menus difficult.
Items 1-3 are no big deal. #4 I found to be not to my liking. I am certian that many others will really like it, but for me I could not get the hang of it. I actually installed SPB Shell just to figure out what was on the phone. The menu system of Shell is very simple and easy to navigate; similar to native 6.1.

Thanks for your efforts. I am sure that the finished product will be great.

Doug M.

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Greetings Noonski,

I tried your ROM last night. It looks like it will be a great product when completed. I noted a couple of items that you may wish to look at.

1. This was the first ROM I tried that did not pick-up my previous time & date.
  2. When I clicked on the clock in TF to set the correct time, I added a city and the keyboard poped-up, but would not work. I pressed keys, but nothing happened. I did the same thing later and the keyboard did not pop up, so maybe it was not supposed to the first time. Also I tried using the vertical a-z list on the right to select United States. I highlighted the U, but did not move the list. It just stayed at the top and it was necessary to scroll.
  3. Backlight settings could not survive the first 2 soft resets. They went back to default. After 2 it worked fine.
  4. I initially liked the look of the menus for Programs, Setting etc... but they became confusing and cluttered with so many nested menus all stacked on top of each other. I would be 4 or 5 menus deep and if I pressed the back key, it would close all of them, not just the one I was in. It made navigating the menus difficult.
Items 1-3 are no big deal. #4 I found to be not to my liking. I am certian that many others will really like it, but for me I could not get the hang of it. I actually installed SPB Shell just to figure out what was on the phone. The menu system of Shell is very simple and easy to navigate; similar to native 6.1.

Thanks for your efforts. I am sure that the finished product will be great.

Doug M.

1. I don't get this, I never flashed a rom that would keep the time and date. But the rom's date is set to the official release date i have not changed that as Synchro time pops up in the end to get me the exact time.
2. Yup i need to remove a reg that sets keyboard to Dutch while Dutch isn't in there ;) Should be sorted.

3. Backlight settings are being handled by Lumos not the OS so that might be the conflict. Lumos has more efective options and i use a lower backlight to start with. Check out the options on Lumos.

4. I will eventually provide a .xdas file for the Default HTC Start Menu and maybe even the New Manilla Start Menu.

BRB

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
I've had the time and time zone set up a few times after a flash; it happened when I had the sim card in the phone and I let the phone sit a while before initiating customization with screen alignment. It's kind of cool, but as I recall I had to wait a good 10 minutes for it to happen. I usually leave the sim card out now just to avoid problems during customization.

dwmackay

Oct 16, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I've had the time and time zone set up a few times after a flash; it happened when I had the sim card in the phone and I let the phone sit a while before initiating customization with screen alignment. It's kind of cool, but as I recall I had to wait a good 10 minutes for it to happen. I usually leave the sim card out now just to avoid problems during customization.

This probably explains my luck. I have flashed so many times, I have gotten too lazy to take the SIM card out. However, usually by the time the customizations are done, the time & date are set. I have never noticed them being wrong.

I have mostly been flashing 6.5 ROMS. This is the first 6.1 I have done in about 6 weeks or so. Perhaps that makes a difference.

Doug M.

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
This probably explains my luck. I have flashed so many times, I have gotten too lazy to take the SIM card out. However, usually by the time the customizations are done, the time & date are set. I have never noticed them being wrong.

I have mostly been flashing 6.5 ROMS. This is the first 6.1 I have done in about 6 weeks or so. Perhaps that makes a difference.

Doug M.

I always Leave the Sim in, Maybe i'm missing the point of the issue here?
Did your Previous Roms come with A Custom First Boot Splash Screen or the Default one?
Only thing different i can think of is that i'm not using the same Kitchen setup most are using, It's actually an older Diamond Kitchen Changed to my preferred method. I like the XIP Seperated as Physical Folders and Files (as far as Digital Files can be Physical), Just because i i have this mental defect where i like to see what i'm eating.

Note: Added Custom Adobe Reader from Topaz and Rhodium Builds, removed Keyboard being set to Dutch Issue at Start.

Last edited:

neva dinova

Mar 20, 2007
austin
has anybody been able to get enlarged start menu to work? Ive tried Da G's cab and it wont work, I looked in the registry and it says its enabled.

dwmackay

Oct 16, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I always Leave the Sim in, Maybe i'm missing the point of the issue here?
Did your Previous Roms come with A Custom First Boot Splash Screen or the Default one?

Forgive me if I sound like I am complaining. That is not at all my intention. It was simply something that was different. Really no big deal at all. I just though you might like some feed back from a flash addict.

Some of the ROMS have a custom boot screen some do not; probably about 50/50.

Doug M.

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
has anybody been able to get enlarged start menu to work? Ive tried Da G's cab and it wont work, I looked in the registry and it says its enabled.

Some enhanced menu features require ROM/SYS 21000+ to work. For example, Rhodium packages will be unpredictable on 20764 & 20771 ROM/SYS'es.

HTH,

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Forgive me if I sound like I am complaining. That is not at all my intention. It was simply something that was different. Really no big deal at all. I just though you might like some feed back from a flash addict.

Some of the ROMS have a custom boot screen some do not; probably about 50/50.

Doug M.

Just trying to figure out what i'm doing different ;), So in other words it was actually appreciated.

Some enhanced menu features require ROM/SYS 21000+ to work. For example, Rhodium packages will be unpredictable on 20764 & 20771 ROM/SYS'es.

HTH,

I'm using a Patched gwes.exe so the Apps will read 21000+ . (don't remember where i got it precisely but thanks)

Oeps, sorry didn't even see that i was replying to you, How You doing!

As i have noticed i can't keep anything to myself i will probably also try to attach the OEM's i'm using in Post two. They'll be Legacy but that shouldn't be A Problem for you.

Can you post the Cab?
(easier, so i don't need to make a new one, and i don't know which Elnarged StartMenu your using The WM6.5 like or old one)
Some StartMenu's where started by BootLauncher, if that is the case there's an easy fix for it probably.

Note & Question:
Tomorrow i'm going to test a Home screen Manila Home Tab Backdrop Changing Script
How long would be a good rotation time? (You stop the rotation when you choose your own Custom Backdrop and you can change the time also or add your own Backdrops)

And who wants/has some original GreySkalish Backdrops that would fit?

And , Yes! Finally got Butler working without getting Cold Boot's.

So i'd like to get some feedback on this setup to.

Keyboard out either Stylus in or Out is set to NulKeyboard.
Stylus Out is Default Windows Keyboard (My favourite and still fastest way to type with Stylus)
Stylus In HTC Phone KeyPad
For The Left Up/Down Down/Up Right Down/Up Up/Down swypes of the Keypad I'm looking to implement Copy/Cut/Paste And something else.
(Copy, Paste, Cut will be be set to the Swipe Closest to the Windows 7 Gesture commands for Touch Screens).

So what is a most wanted app or command for that fourth swipe?
Personally i'm thinking of putting the Camera there as there's no hardware button, leaving the Right home softkey open for another app.
Or maybe add a CTRL+Z into the Game?

And What is yiour favourite Portrait Finger Friendly HTC Keyboard?

Face Down will be set to Lock Device so the Long Press of Endkey can be used for something else
These Swipes Will be configurable using the script added to the ControlPanel\System\Admin Tools folder.

I always pay attention to good FeedBack that is backed up by a focus that has a Focus on the Needs of the many and not just the one.

(looks like it's going to take a century making this Rom at this rate)

Last edited:

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
this is the cab ive been trying to use

Can you try this one.

G's other Cab was missing the MUI file for it maybe that's the problem.

Tested it, It's working.

But like i said i will in time also but up the new HTC Start Menu (unless there's a secret reg i'm overlooking that does it with this one to)

And since a lot of Ya'll don't know me from before, let me inroduce the "Nightlies"

Nightlies are the Builds i'm at this very moment just before i go to sleep.
So it's For Sure Beta But it's got the latest Additions and Tweaks i'm testing at the moment.
I could say Flash at own risk, but that would go to far. But at least for this build you can go and play with the Cut and Paste Gestures on the D-Pad.
The Nightlies can be found in my Signature.

Added:
PACKAGE_Noonski_Tom_Codon_CMIternetSharing_0000_0_9_2_0
HTC's Wifi Internet Sharting Solution, Compressed Exe and Graphics added to Control Panel with My Icon.

Attachments

• HTC_Enlarge_Start_Menu_1_2_35331_3.cab
    66.2 KB · Views: 15
  • PACKAGE_Noonski_STK_UIPPC_0000_4_67_0_0.xdas.zip
    32.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

BOBBYDAVIS44

May 17, 2007
Great ROM. I have been looking for a stripped down/optimized version of the latest official 6.1 rom. This one seems solid so far.

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
It's not that Stripped ;) (haven't listed everything yet, Still need to bring over my Compressed Dialer to get ICR working again)

And i just added Remote Tracker to the List, "Never let someone steal your phone and get away with it"

Thanks for giving the Preview a Shot.

In an hour a next Nightly will be up With Wifi Sharing and a few New HomeScreens.

Also there's a Keyboard Lay-out Switching Script Suplied by B4PJS in, Control Panel >> System >> Administrative Tools.
I haven't been able to test this since i don't have a Fuze.

And there will be Some Push to Talk Mods in there in the Future Supplied by jmckeejr if I'm Correct.
With Competition like this you don't need Friends. (Hope People see the Positive Side of the Joke)
V4 Nightly

Last edited:

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Finished adjusting configuration script to change the 4 butler Swipe methods on the Touch Pad.

Switched to WM Diamondish MS Phone Dialer, HTC Dialer is included and again a script is added to change that.

HTC dialer is also now with the slider enabled and Compressed Graphics for a decrease in memory usage.

Discriptions and Nightly will be up tomorow. Should be reaching Release Canditate in two weeks (you must think i'm slow huh)

Somehow i can't seem to get past the BCR not working issue.

Since Start Menu's seem to be a personal thing, i am contemplating of adding in 4 types and maybe if possible 5 types of Start menu's into the rom which can be set through another configuration script. That is if i find the correct parameter to kill a service with dot fred's taskmanager.
Hint Hint ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Contents of SPeCial Packages

Instead of a Big Thank you list, I try to keep the sources of the used packages that I have used as a base to add my own spices

The App List needs to Be Updated to the Final Build

PACKAGE_Noonski_Arcsoft_MMS_0000_5_0_43_51R1
    PACKAGE_Noonski_AdobePDF_0000_2_5_1_0_378273_00B
    Replaced Both Filetype and Exe Icon's, (the filetype really needed an update shame on yous Adobe), Compressed exe, dumped Help File and Extra Bmp's
    PACKAGE_Noonski_AdobeFlashLite_0000_3_1_9_1_115_134
    PACKAGE_Noonski_AdvancedNetwork_0409_1_0_9_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_AdvancedPowerManagement_0000_1_5_1818_2930

PACKAGE_Noonski_AudioManager_Eng_0409_1_6_18221325_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_BCR_0000_1_0_080901f_WWE_00
    Compressed Exe, Put in New Icon, BMP files saved to 16 bit, Reskinned the Backdrops.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_BTFtp_1_2_33281_9
    PACKAGE_Noonski_BTSAP_3_1_0_0R2
    PACKAGE_Noonski_CalcP_SPB_L_Sylvain_Skin_0000
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Capt_TrowBack_YouTube_0409_4_22_07_2009
    PACKAGE_Noonski_CommManager_0000_HTC_ALL_2_8_1_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_ConnectionSetup_0000_2_7_37392_1

Version that does not have the option to reset the device after configuration, Removed the CPL item and instead use Registry settings to get it show in control panel, Reskinned to VGA, Compressed Graphics, Graphics to Subfolder from main.zip to subdir, Database from 20-04-2009, Provisioning.zip renamed to Provisioning.piz, Compressed .MUI's + ConnectionSetupAuto.exe and added my SPC icon.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_ContactUtilityEngine_0000_1_0_19122926
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Da_G_Enhanced_0409_PTTMod_0_0_0_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Da_G_HTC_GPS_TOOLS_0000_1_2_2_17
    Icon in Program Files is linked to New icon in MPI.dll
    PACKAGE_Noonski_DSIXDA_Mortscript_Screen_Rotate_Extra_0000
    SPC Icon, Rotate from 0 >> 90 >> 180 >> 0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_File_Explorer_Extension_0000
    PACKAGE_Noonski_FMRadio_0000_1_6_18164032_2
    PACKAGE_Noonski_HACSettings_0000_1_0_0_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_HTCAnimation_0000_1_1_5_0
    Custom MainSplash, Custom First Boot Splash, Custom MainSplash to WelcomeHead Start Up Animation, Custom WelcomeHead & Custom HTC ShutDown Animation.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_HTC_EmailSetupWizard_0000_1_0_19122632_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_ICR_VGA_0000_1_0_1821_2426
    New Icon in touch with the rest of the SPC icons. HTC Dialer Skin needs to be enabled to use this.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Joubertvasc_RemoteTracker_0000_0_3_4-2
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Labyrinth_0000_1_3_7071031_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_LiveMesh_0409_0_9_4014_2
    PACKAGE_Noonski_LongPressEndKey_0000_1_1_34078_1
    PACKAGE_Noonski_McCune_Stopwatch_0000

PACKAGE_Noonski_Menu_Enhancement_0000_1_0_19142728_00
    Files to Modules, Personal GreyScales Skin
    PACKAGE_Noonski_MessageEnhancement_0000_1_0_1912_2329
    PACKAGE_Noonski_MONX_ICR_VGA_0409_1_0_1821_2426
    PACKAGE_Noonski_MP3Trimmer_0000_1_1_18163629_1
    PACKAGE_Noonski_NewContactCard_0000_1_0_1913_15291

PACKAGE_Noonski_Nik3r_Lumos_0000_v_0_10_RC1
    PACKAGE_Noonski_NuShrike_FusionGPS_0000_1_0_0_5
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Notification_Enhancement_0000_2_0_ 1914_1131
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Opera_Browser_0000_WWE_9_50_16277_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_PIM_Backup_0409_2_8_0_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Power_0409_2_24_0_0
    Changed Icon, Files To Modules, Includes Power Service from Rhodium and Power enhancements From Raphael
    PACKAGE_Noonski_PushInternetEngine_0000_1_0_19121911
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Quick Menu_0409_2_8_414_1614
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Raphael_SensorSDK_0409_3_3_18182326_1
    I preferred this over the V4 version. But I did add the HGTC Rotation from Rhodium.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Raphael_ShareDLL_0409_2_0_080710_00v2
    PACKAGE_Noonski_QuickGPS_000_1_00_18202228_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Quick Menu_0409_2_8_414_1614

Large Menu Style, Clear Memory on Long Press of WinStartMenu, SPC Icon.
    There's a problem with Taskswitcher when on Manila, Use AltTab.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Schaps_Network_Plugin_0000_1_0_30468_1
    SPC Icon, Compressed File.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Siggie1970_Butler_0000__1_2
    PolterGeist Edition (it's there but it isn't) Swipes set to CTRL+Z, CTRL+V, CTRL+C & CTRL+X, Stylus out is WM Keyboard, Stylus In is Keypad, Keyboard Slide out is NullKeyboard. Face Down is Lock Phone
    PACKAGE_Noonski_SIM_MGR_exe_0409_6_69_0_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Snailslug_TouchResponse_0000_v03_2

SPC Icon, DLL as Module and CPL item Compressed.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_SPC_Themes_0409_1_0
    Control Panel Entry to Switch Manila Themes
    PACKAGE_Noonski_STK_Service_0000_4_87_0_0
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Sun_JavaFX_0000_1_2

Patched Icon to Overall Theme, Compressed Files and Dumped Sample Apps.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_SynchroTime_0000
    PACKAGE_Noonski_SystemIcons_0409
    (The Greys Are Coming)
    PACKAGE_Noonski_TaskManager_0000_2_1_35603_1
    An Oldie I Know, Compressed Graphics, Files As Modules, Dumped CPL in favour of reg entry for Control Panel Entry
    PACKAGE_Noonski_Tom_Codon_CMIternetSharing_0000_0_9_2_0
    HTC's Wifi Internet Sharting Solution, Compressed Exe and Graphics added to Control Panel with My Icon.
    The Shortcut in Programs just opens the app. The shortcut in Control Panel Disables device from sleeping then runs the app and when app closes put's back the device sleep settings.[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT] PACKAGE_Noonski_TouchFlo_1_0_1814_3530
    PACKAGE_Noonski_TVOutPopUp_0409_1_5_1817_3231
    PACKAGE_Noonski_USBToPCPopUp_0000_2_1_18173225_0
    Files to Modules, Classis GreysScales and Compressed Graphics, SPC Icon.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_VoiceRecorder_0000_1_10_18151728_1
    PACKAGE_Noonski_VolumeControl_0000_2_1_1914_2727
    Files to Modules, Removed extra graphics for Centered Overlay, Compressed Graphics, Default is single Overlay lay out, A ****load of Windows Class names added so Volume overlay shows on the right side of the screen in most apps, so you still can see your screen while adjusting the volume and not be annoyed by the "Ding Ding Ding Dong's".
    This can be removed by deleting all subkeys from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\VolumeOverlay] (not the Entries)
    PACKAGE_Noonskis_XBMod_manila_0000_2_0_37395_3 vD
    Personal Vista Characters Skin, Graphics CFC compresses Files to Modules. Removed Program Tab. Stock Tab can be re enabled.
    PACKAGE_Noonski_DaveShaw_XDAShutDown_0409_1_0_1
    Power ShutDown with New Manila Skin
    PACKAGE_Noonski_XDA_UC_0000_1_1_00 (More Info Here)
    Whatever you do do not reboot untill you get the XDA_UC Finished message.
    Will run XDA_UC and also installs the regular SDConfig.txt programs. If it doesn't catch all items in SDConfig.txt please report as I can look for a fix.

Consider it a Standard Stock Rom +1 and this list still needs to be finalized.

Stuff That Is Not In This Rom:
    No Help Files And no .lnk Files, Welcome Center, Windows Update, Managed Programs, MSN, OneNote, SQM and a lot of other unneeded Crap. Most of the Extra apps are installed into their regular Program Files Folders without the use of Unnecesary cab's and Double's in the Windows Folder (resulting in a Packed but still response rom)
    Tap the X mark in a window corner. If it doesn't help tap and hold the X mark. Default behaviour may be changed in phone settings or through 3rd party software, like Advanced Configuration Tool.
    Try creating the directory in the error message on your card and then hard reset. Or, put in another sd card and hard reset. Also, scan your card for any errors; it sounds like you've got a bad card.