Need your opinions

Search This thread

poojiggles7

Nov 7, 2012
hey there. So I have an AT&T X+ and I'm currently on Elegancia 5.2 I believe. I was wondering if I should just go back to stock and wait for the OTA 4.2.2 update, or flash the newest Elegancia ROM? But, I kinda have a handicap:

My phone doesn't connect to my PC or any PC at all. So if I'm going to flash a Rom I gotta put it on drop box and transfer it etc. I will NOT be able to flash a boot.img because of this either. I've tried the app Flashify, and it says it isn't compatible with my device. So if any of these roms have a custom boot.img I probably won't be able to use it.

Another thing. I feel like I know what the problem is with my device. It says that USB storage is unavailable at all times. Even when it is plugged in. If anyone knows a fix for this please don't be afraid to speak up.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One X+

poojiggles7

Nov 7, 2012
What so u mean by the Phone wont connect.....

Its shows as USB device Unrecognized like this

or

The PC wont recognize ur Phone how is it...??????(like the ADB or fastboot wont show ur device)

the phone doesnt even appear as a USB device. nothing pops up, it makes no sound when it connects, nothing, just charges.

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
the phone doesnt even appear as a USB device. nothing pops up, it makes no sound when it connects, nothing, just charges.

Did u try Installing proper drivers and android-sdk-windows........????

To start with the Latest drivers and the ADB setup should be proper and even after that if that doesn't show then....

Open device Manager in Windows an see whether atleast it has been shown as Unknown device or something there.....

poojiggles7

Nov 7, 2012
I tried all that and nothing. I've had this problem for the past month and every bit of troubleshooting I've done with ATT, HTC and xda hasn't worked. In the photo attached, my phone is plugged in to the PC and it still says usb storage unavailable.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389335651325.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389335651325.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 36

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
I tried all that and nothing. I've had this problem for the past month and every bit of troubleshooting I've done with ATT, HTC and xda hasn't worked. In the photo attached, my phone is plugged in to the PC and it still says usb storage unavailable.

Sent from my HTC One X+

I dont think thats the issue at all...

If I am not wrong I remember its was the same with my phone also...(WITH all HOX+)

the Problem is AFAIK is the HTC drivers .....

Uninstall all the drivers u had installed and try this

and check whether the phone is recognized....

poojiggles7

Nov 7, 2012
I dont think thats the issue at all...

If I am not wrong I remember its was the same with my phone also...(WITH all HOX+)

the Problem is AFAIK is the HTC drivers .....

Uninstall all the drivers u had installed and try this

and check whether the phone is recognized....

alright ill give that a shot...should i try the link you gave, or the link for the newer version?

EpicGuitar

Jan 2, 2014
Chicago
Hmm.. I've had this problem too... Try using a different USB cable, (imo) samsung cables work perfectly

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts