Update binary error while flashing

Search This thread

DG|Buu

Mar 10, 2013
Erode
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is That Android 4.4?

I don't know but i am again getting this problem even if i use option 2(lazy mode) in kitchen.
    I did everything again from scratch but i am still getting error executing update binary error.

If that One Is Based On 4.4, You Would Get That Error

As Kash Told:prefer This For 4.4:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532300 :cowboy::cowboy:
    Hi guys, i created my first own rom but while flashing it with TWRP 2.5 i get error "Error executing update binary in the zip"

So is there any solution?

In between of updater script try to print some texts at various places to identify the reason and then you can work to resolve the error. It will give you a hint of the problem :) Happy porting.
    No!

I think you are not understanding my problem. My problem is when I create stock ROM from kitchen and flash it I get error as I mentioned in first post. :(
    here is the script :

1. I hope you only used notepad++ or editplus to modify updater script and build.prop ( notepad will corrupt these files)
    2. Try replacing your META-INF folder with the ROM you were able to flash succesfully on your device ( do modifications as per your need in updater script)
    3. please ensure files like marked in green color i.e. symlink("dumpstate", are present in system\bin folder
    4. please ensure files like marked in red color i.e. symlink("toolbox", "/system/bin/restorecon"); are not present in their respective locations.
    5. all files written under set_perm or set_perm_recursive should be present in their respective locations.
    6. please insert ui_print("line number x ") after each line so that you get to know which line has caused the error.

Hope, i am clear