[Q] Need help with my note 8

Search This thread

mgrabo24

Mar 25, 2014
So recently i decided to root my note 8.0 N5110. I put it in download mode and plugged it in thinking I already installed the drivers but i hadn't and the screen went black. I can get it to boot and hear the animation but screen remains black. It will also go into download mode and i reflashed the stock ROM with Odin hoping that would fix the issue but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Harjan112

Oct 16, 2011
Can you get into recovery mode?
If so, try to do a data/factory reset and see if that helps

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Can you get into recovery mode?
If so, try to do a data/factory reset and see if that helps

If you forget to enable debug mode and set USB debugging to enable in settings, there is no way you are able to flash properly.

You should have used Saferoot.zip. As it is the only rooter that installs the root files, so your not flashing a root over your stock ROM.

There should be a sticky about flashing using safe root here, but it seems like nobody is concerned about newbies getting in trouble with flashing.

mgrabo24

Mar 25, 2014
I tried to do a restore but it's hard while not having any visuals even in recovery mode. I can put it into download mode via a usb jig.

Last edited:

Harjan112

Oct 16, 2011
Do you see the download mode screen but NOT the recovery screen?

Harjan112

Oct 16, 2011
What version of Odin are you using?

And I hate to say this but having a blue bar doesn't necessarily mean you are in download mode, I just plugged in my Note while it was "just" on and I have a blue bar saying COM blabla.

Now it almost looks to me that your screen or digitizer might be broken :(

mgrabo24

Mar 25, 2014
What version of Odin are you using?

And I hate to say this but having a blue bar doesn't necessarily mean you are in download mode, I just plugged in my Note while it was "just" on and I have a blue bar saying COM blabla.

Now it almost looks to me that your screen or digitizer might be broken :(

Yea I think I'm still under warranty since i never did actually root it. So I'm gonna just try that and get a new one.

Harjan112

Oct 16, 2011
That just might indeed be your best option