SM-P601 & want kitakat ?

Search This thread

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Oh even Note 2 get KitKat before my P601 facepalm !!! :confused:

Even the Note 800 / 8000 of Note 10.1 2012 is getting Kitkat ... I too smell something fishy

Neither the N2 or the N10.1-12 have KitKat. One incomplete leak for each device for a single region is what's available. And for the N10.1-12, for some reason, the leak is for the 3G version. You don't see the N10.1-12 Wi-Fi owners freaking out and claiming a conspiracy. 4.4 for the N10.1-14 (and I count Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G as a single product) has been out in official form for just a week. There's no reason to believe that the 3/4G versions are going to be treated any differently than the Wi-Fi versions in terms of a region-by-region roll out which is how Samsung delivers updates. I have a 3G N10.1-14 and will wait (patiently) for the first region to receive 4.4. If it's EU I'll install the update via Odin even though it's different from my current CSC. If the update's Asian, Eastern European, Latin American, or for a carrier I'll wait. Samsung's update process takes way too long to reach all versions/regions of a device being updated but single products (EG: Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G) aren't singled out for better or worse treatment. Sometimes 3G/4G receive updates before Wi-Fi and sometimes it's the other way around. The first leak and official update from 4.0.4<>4.1 for the N10.1-12 happened to be for the 3G version (which I owned).

Toufik1967

Oct 24, 2008
Please Help needed......after following the procedure to install Xkat 2.1 on my SM-P601.....using TWRP....the process stops at Setting Syslinks....and have the following message: set_perm: some changes failed.......even when rebooting, the tab go staight to TWRP.....what's the problem????? Thanks

Edit: I was able to install xkat 2.0 on my SM-P601.....don't know why xkat 2.1 won't install....anyway, thanks for the op...and wish the samsung official rom will be released soon.

Last edited:

benjamimgois

Dec 21, 2010
Good to know it ! I Aldo havê the same problem, here in Brasil :D theres only the p601 version. I never use the 3g radio on it. What i really wnat is a cyanogen rom for this tab, bit until se got it, i'll play with p600 KitKat rom. Thanks for sharing !

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
Please Help needed......after following the procedure to install Xkat 2.1 on my SM-P601.....using TWRP....the process stops at Setting Syslinks....and have the following message: set_perm: some changes failed.......even when rebooting, the tab go staight to TWRP.....what's the problem????? Thanks

Edit: I was able to install xkat 2.0 on my SM-P601.....don't know why xkat 2.1 won't install....anyway, thanks for the op...and wish the samsung official rom will be released soon.

pls read through xkat thread 2.1 is having aroma configuration issue hence it stuck but 2.0 works fine

Your need to manually replace aroma config file in 2.1 zip , check that thread for instructions

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
Ppl who flashed on p601 are you guys experiencing high cpu temperature on normal use ?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

vitamin.ben

May 13, 2013
Anyone else here having video playback problems?

Was googling note 2014 kitkat and no luck so maybe is due the flashing of p600 firmware over p601?

I simply can't get ANY player that uses hardware acceleration, besides samsung's I guess, to work. They all crash when try playback if aceleration is on :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I see a lot of people from the sm-p601 group complaining that they dont have KitKat yet ...
    Well not to worry if you are willing to let go of 3G until a Stock Rom is released for the device
    Also it would be cool if someone could find a way to enable 3G on these roms .

Following is a list of Roms and Kernels that I have been using for sometime & they all work grreat !!

I have flashed them all with TWRP
    ROMS -

[ROM]Hashcheck-Hybrid-v1[SM-P600][BUCND1 4.4.2]FAST

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2720631

[ROM][SM-P600][UBUCND2][4.4.2] ★★xKat v2.0★★ (25.04.2014) - my current favourite

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2725121

KERNELS -
    [Kernel] [KK 4.4.2] [SM-P600] Xluco Kernel 0.5

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2725193

AWESOME MODS FROM THE NOTE 12 -

[KIT KAT P600] Note PRO Keyboard, New Recent Apps Screen, Menue Key as RecentAppsKey

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2721077
    Wait. Is this really possible??? I don't even use 3g, I just bought it because it was the only option avaliable at my country (Brazil).

EDIT:
    Let me see what I'm supposed to do: root, flash custom recovery, flash the roms plus gapps? Just these things or there is something more?

EDIT AGAIN:
    Can you please show me your screenshots?
    thanks buddy, very usefull, in India its same situation, stupid samsung thinks they can just fool ppl by not relesing updates on time or with their other versions...anyways, I have few questions pls

1) the rom thread says its only for wifi model...so is it safe to flash those roms on our P601 ?
    2) can you pls give link to TWRP recovery you flashed and steps to flash it for the first time on stock unrooted p601 pls ?
    3) link to ODIN which will work to flash TWRP and stock roms
    4) is flashing custom kernels really needed and does everything else work except 3g ?
    5) last but most importantly, can we flash stock indian rom when we need to revert back to stock and sell device...roms are available in sammobile.com

Yes its safe , I have been personally using P600 roms for quite sometime and except for 3G all is well . ( Though I would love it if some one can make 3G Work too )
    You can download Odin and TWRP that I use from this link -
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iiaw32zz04gm1zj/Cxj7NdCJHI
    Flashing Custom Kernels is not mandatory at all , tho they do have some good stuff like some touchscreen tweaks , and Ram tweaks & other complex tweaks .
    Yes , when you want to sell your tablet you can flash using Odin any Stock Rom from sammobile . I have done this too :good:
    thanks a lot buddy again...any idea if bootloader is locked on P601 ?

and did u flash latest 2.1 from this "http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2725121&page=16" as I read its thread 2.1 is having some aroma poblems and cannot be flashed

Na, just using 2.0 .. Totally happy with it .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B35dv8DCRfo-UlRnYzZEVzlLbVk/edit?usp=sharing

2.1 has transparent Multiwindow & 4 multi-windows
    thanks a lot buddy again...any idea if bootloader is locked on P601 ?

just flash twrp using odin in the tablets download mode (press power button + volume down )... and then flash the rom from twrp .. thats it