[Q] Moto E - Data Network Connectivity Issues

Search This thread

saswato_boyzone

Jun 16, 2014
Hello members,

Actually I am using my new Moto E handset in India since 5 days. It is updated to the latest Kitkat 4.4.2. I am currently facing numerous network problems with my handset.

Firstly I would like to say that I am using Vodafone 2G network services and use only 1 SIM slot in my device. Since yesterday, my network signals started to drop off. Not only that, my 2G connectivity (E symbol) lost. So the device had no data connectivity. Infact seeing to this, I noticed my network connectivity signals regained its towers after 3 hours.

The issue is, my data connectivity instantly keeps losing... And today, I am getting my Vodafone connectivity network OK, but data connectivity loss is seriously putting me off. I am getting E symbol for 30 minutes and losing it for next 3 hours and again getting it for 30 minutes.

Please members help me regarding this.
:(

Kind Regards,
Sashwato Chatterjee

gtsfreak

Jul 27, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ
Use Vodafone 2g sim card in slot 2 mine also was not working on Sim 1 then turn on mobile data and restart device

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app

saswato_boyzone

Jun 16, 2014
Use Vodafone 2g sim card in slot 2 mine also was not working on Sim 1 then turn on mobile data and restart device

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app

Hello,

Well I tried it numerous times. Same problem persists. Data connectivity loses therefore I am not able to use my applications for work. Any other idea?

Kind Regards. :(:(

gtsfreak

Jul 27, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ
Mine works fine on sim 2 then u have to contact flip kart for replacement or vodafone

Sent from my Z10 using XDA Free mobile app

anuragpurwar

May 31, 2014
Moto E data connectivity problem

Hello members,

Actually I am using my new Moto E handset in India since 15 days. It is updated to the latest Kitkat 4.4.2. I am currently facing numerous network problems with my handset.

Firstly I would like to say that I am using BSNL 3G network services and use only 1 SIM slot in my device. When I am using apps like whatsapp and facebook messanger. Then my messages does not send. But in other hand When I will use crome app for browsing then Its work fine.

Kind Regards,
Anurag Purwar

fifty8

Sep 3, 2014
Moto e dual sim India model sim 2 not functional

I have a Moto e India model (not rooted). I am facing frequent network issues and from the past few days the sim 2 slot is not functional. In the dual sim settings i see the second sim slot option disabled and am not getting the option to turn it on. I did a factory reset. Tried to insert different sims but nothing worked.

I request anyone to help me in this regard

3laa_alden

Sep 23, 2014
same issue

I just finished a return request to flipkart, regarding this issue .
while I'm writing now my 3g data network keeps switching from 3g to 2g for 15 seconds and then back again to 3g, works well for 15 to 30 minutes and again repeating the process. sometimes I turn off then on mobile data to regain the 3g faster.

it does that randomly everyday. and happens like more than 20 times a day

i don't know if you guys are familiar with what I'm describing. Is it just me or it's a common moto e issue??! my sim card was working fine on my old galaxy phone, and I'm in a good area. I'm sure it's not my network provider. and I'm using only 1 sim slot, tried the other slot but same thing.

drishd

Dec 16, 2013
I did face the same issue with my Reliance sim. Data was continuously switching between 2 G & 3 G. Its a network based issue. Upon further inquiry executive from network operator told me 3 G still not available in all areas & even if available sometime the towers do face congestion, thus resulting in continuous switch between 2G & 3G.

Reactions: 3laa_alden

vlc07

Jul 20, 2013
Haveri
possible solutions:
1: if u not getting signal or facing data loss again & again switch on airplane mode & off & check signal
2:if u not having 3g pack or if u have only 2g pack activated then set network mode only 2g
3:swap the sim cards from sim1 to sim2 or 2 to 1
4:make a factory reset..
5:update your phone to latest 4.4.4 kk version

AnandAttad

May 31, 2016
Moto e is the worst set because Motorola apps covers complete memory and not working 3g properly I am victim of Motorola moto e set don't buy any product of Motorola . I tried to contact local bangalore service center but no response .
Down down Motorola

piku 123

Jan 11, 2013
Hello members,

Actually I am using my new Moto E handset in India since 15 days. It is updated to the latest Kitkat 4.4.2. I am currently facing numerous network problems with my handset.

Firstly I would like to say that I am using BSNL 3G network services and use only 1 SIM slot in my device. When I am using apps like whatsapp and facebook messanger. Then my messages does not send. But in other hand When I will use crome app for browsing then Its work fine.

Kind Regards,
Anurag Purwar

BSNL is famous for very bad 3G signal Try another SIM and report.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

while I'm writing now my 3g data network keeps switching from 3g to 2g for 15 seconds and then back again to 3g, works well for 15 to 30 minutes and again repeating the process. sometimes I turn off then on mobile data to regain the 3g faster.

i don't know if you guys are familiar with what I'm describing. Is it just me or it's a common moto e issue??! my sim card was working fine on my old galaxy phone, and I'm in a good area. I'm sure it's not my network provider. and I'm using only 1 sim slot, tried the other slot but same thing.

Use network switcher app from playstore and select WCDMA only.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Moto e is the worst set because Motorola apps covers complete memory and not working 3g properly I am victim of Motorola moto e set don't buy any product of Motorola . I tried to contact local bangalore service center but no response .
Down down Motorola

Motorola has gone downhill since they have been acquired by lenovo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did face the same issue with my Reliance sim. Data was continuously switching between 2 G & 3 G. Its a network based issue. Upon further inquiry executive from network operator told me 3 G still not available in all areas & even if available sometime the towers do face congestion, thus resulting in continuous switch between 2G & 3G.
    possible solutions:
    1: if u not getting signal or facing data loss again & again switch on airplane mode & off & check signal
    2:if u not having 3g pack or if u have only 2g pack activated then set network mode only 2g
    3:swap the sim cards from sim1 to sim2 or 2 to 1
    4:make a factory reset..
    5:update your phone to latest 4.4.4 kk version
    Hello members,

Kind Regards,
    Anurag Purwar

BSNL is famous for very bad 3G signal Try another SIM and report.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Use network switcher app from playstore and select WCDMA only.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Down down Motorola

Motorola has gone downhill since they have been acquired by lenovo.