[Q] Help With Kernel Choice

Search This thread

sabbourh

Nov 5, 2007
Fellows, i just bought my SGS a few days ago , and the moment i bought it i upgraded it to Arabic stock froyo and a friend recommended to use stock+Voodoo-5.0.3-Froyo-GT-I9000-XXJPX kernel
i used it , got 1424 on quadrant and it was very nice in performance but i got strange battery life, it didn't last for more than 10 hours with everything switched off.
so i returned back to stock froyo (pda I9000 jpjpf, phone I9000 jxjpd) and now i got nearly 24 hours of battery life.
what confuses me is that, during using voodoo, the battery was during the first 2 charging cycles of its life, and when i returned to stock froyo , it got into the 3rd charging cycle, and now its moving on towards getting better in battery life.

so my question is , do you think that the kernel was responsible for this strange battery life, or the battery was warming up and needed to be charged and discharged to get into its performance.
also , any suggestions about kernel for battery life with good performance, personally i did like the phone when it was on voodoo @ 1424 on quadrant

please help , and sorry for explaining a lot

thanks

sabbourh

Nov 5, 2007
thanks for your reply
i did like the phone when it was on vodoo, regardless of quadrent
my aim is to know about battery life

sabbourh

Nov 5, 2007
i am afraid that battery faq does not have an answer to my question
i want to know if the change in kernel is responsible for that strange battery condition
or it was that the battery was at its first charge and discharge cycle?

devbot

Feb 15, 2011
Geneva
Going from 10 to 24h of battery life, it could be a battery stats problem, it happens when changing ROMs.

But to answer your question, I dont think voodoo is responsible for the battery drain. Personally I use SpeedMod (without lagfix) with Froyo JS3 and it works really well battery-wise and performance-wise.

Reactions: sabbourh

sabbourh

Nov 5, 2007
you don't think that voodoo is responsible ,
well that's some good news for me actually cuz i did like my phone's performance when it was using voodoo's kernel

thanks for sugesting speedmod , will read about it for sometime and see if i dare to take this action again , cuz battery life is a must for me due to my work
i can't stand the phone that needs more than one charge per day
any more ideas everyone?

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
I also use speedmod and battery life is excellent. Even with heavy use I get over 24 hours no problem. If I was to use it just as a phone I think I could get 3 days use.

And yes, I agree that your battery stats were probably a little messed up and should settle after a few days of use.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

cmiller82

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto
I'm using SpeedMod with SeaARMS' JL2 ROM and the battery lasts much longer. If you have a Galaxy S on Bell Mobility it's the best option to keep the 850Mhz radio working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quadrant is a false test when it comes to use and responsive phone .

jje
    Going from 10 to 24h of battery life, it could be a battery stats problem, it happens when changing ROMs.

But to answer your question, I dont think voodoo is responsible for the battery drain. Personally I use SpeedMod (without lagfix) with Froyo JS3 and it works really well battery-wise and performance-wise.