[Q] boot animation wont change

Search This thread

the_KEV

Aug 30, 2010
I'm not exactly sure this is in the correct section but here goes... I have downloaded different boot animations, replaced the bootanimation.zip file using file expert, made sure the permissions were the same, but when I restart my phone, i keep getting the same old factory one. Is there an extra step that I'm missing?

the_KEV

Aug 30, 2010
I forgot to mention, that I am rooted. I thought it was the file explorer program, to I downloaded root explorer, and when I tried to change the name of the original bootanimation.zip, it says that it cant because the file system is read only. Could it have something to do with my problem?

dLo GSR

Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles
I forgot to mention, that I am rooted. I thought it was the file explorer program, to I downloaded root explorer, and when I tried to change the name of the original bootanimation.zip, it says that it cant because the file system is read only. Could it have something to do with my problem?

mount the system as R/W before you do anything in /system. it's at the top of the screen in root explorer.

the_KEV

Aug 30, 2010
Thanks, that did it. But now instead of the one I downloaded, all I get is the word "android"

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
I noticed that after upgrading to lastest OTA that the bootanimation sound doesn't play, even the stock AT&T one. The sound files are present, but they just don't play.

Any suggestions?

madnav

Jul 18, 2009
Mumbai
is this for audio during boot? My phone never played audio during the boot process. I thought it was normal.

yes, but it will be played only if mentioned so in the desc.txt inside the bootanimation.zip at /system/media/

it is unnecessarily complicated now by changing the location to the new one while the config file resides in bootanimation.zip which originally remains at the same old place.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I noticed that after upgrading to lastest OTA that the bootanimation sound doesn't play, even the stock AT&T one. The sound files are present, but they just don't play.

Any suggestions?

location for sound file has changed to /system/media/audio/notifications/