Rooted 4.2 can't update ota?

Search This thread

silvscorp

Jan 30, 2007
My rooted 4.2 c5502 started showing ota for 4.3 (file size is 307.1Mb), I was hoping update via ota would retain the root. Unfortunately, after many tries, the update keep on failing.

When click on update, system will reboot and screen showing android icon with a progress bar. The progress bar will run for about 3 or 4 second and system just rebootsback to lockscreen and show a msg saying "could not install".

I assume this might be due to the dual recovery I installed? Before I try restore the recovery, anyone else able to update via ota and still got root?

soorajskn

Sep 6, 2012
Mangalore
Samsung Galaxy A50
I too rooted my phone nd tried to update the phone via OTA. But I was getting error message.

I didnt install any recovery. I just rooted my phone via vroot.

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app

silvscorp

Jan 30, 2007
I too rooted my phone nd tried to update the phone via OTA. But I was getting error message.

I didnt install any recovery. I just rooted my phone via vroot.

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the confirmation. I know for sure you can update through PCC as I did for another phone. I too rooted using vroot. Anyone else with other rooting method pls share the result.

ujangns

Apr 18, 2009
Kuantan
Mine also got problem cannot update my ZR. my ZR also root and boatloader still lock. If hard reset can solve the problem or not?

wihushae

Nov 17, 2013
In another thread a possible solution for this problem was mentioned: if you have renamed or deleted some original files (like system apk's or some other protected files) the upgrade routine recognizes it and stops the upgrade process.

In my case the problems were caused by removed apps, when I restored them, everything worked flawlessly.

ujangns

Apr 18, 2009
Kuantan
In another thread a possible solution for this problem was mentioned: if you have renamed or deleted some original files (like system apk's or some other protected files) the upgrade routine recognizes it and stops the upgrade process.

In my case the problems were caused by removed apps, when I restored them, everything worked flawlessly.

Well did hard reset and remove the root yesterday on my zr then update thru Ota still fail.