USA Metro PCS LG L70

Search This thread

sammyz

Sep 25, 2010
Dont worry i know. Keep you posted.

Sent from my LG-D320 using XDA Free mobile app

You should probably zero out either laf or recovery, If you flash recovery to laf, zero recovery, if flashed recovery to recovery, zero out laf.. I wasnt able to dd a single partition while in recovery, the commands were correct and it showed as if it worked, but it doesn't.

mubin.bzs.06

Apr 5, 2012
New York
Google Pixel 6
I never said anything about adb. Use this thread to fix it:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

Make sure to use an aboot made for your phone model.

Thanks a lot for your instruction. I followed the thread and somehow managed to power on the device. I am getting the following screen.
edit

yogeshsr

Sep 7, 2012
Burbank,CA

before bricking the phone, did you flash the CWM using AA's method?
I guess you need to put your phone in download mode first, then use the LG Mobile support tool to go back to the stock.
this means you need to delete the recovery by running
fastboot erase recovery
then try to put the phone in download mode my holding VOL up +Power and connect to USB

sammyz

Sep 25, 2010
before bricking the phone, did you flash the CWM using AA's method?
I guess you need to put your phone in download mode first, then use the LG Mobile support tool to go back to the stock.
this means you need to delete the recovery by running
fastboot erase recovery
then try to put the phone in download mode my holding VOL up +Power and connect to USB

wtf are u smoking? He is trying to boot download mode, he needs to flash laf.img to the laf partition using this file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!CZUTjByA!cirXA0-C8RE_RvQnhfBX_KOk3wtlzcT2n2-5uTC5rMw

then run
fastboot erase laf
fastboot flash laf laf.img
fastboot continue
and he'll be in download mode

DO NOT RUN FASTBOOT ERASE RECOVERY
theres no reason to.. @yogeshr is high ;)

Reactions: derrick1976

yogeshsr

Sep 7, 2012
Burbank,CA
wtf are u smoking? He is trying to boot download mode, he needs to flash laf.img to the laf partition using this file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!CZUTjByA!cirXA0-C8RE_RvQnhfBX_KOk3wtlzcT2n2-5uTC5rMw

then run
fastboot erase laf
fastboot continue
and he'll be in download mode

DO NOT RUN FASTBOOT ERASE RECOVERY
theres no reason to.. @yogeshr is high ;)

lol not really,i am not high. it should work, you need
fastboot erase laf
only if you need to go back to fastboot in case of any flashing error, which i think very unlikely. but do as Samy says, I trust him more than I trust myself when we are talking about L70

Last edited:

LILJAMER

Mar 19, 2014

mubin.bzs.06

Apr 5, 2012
New York
Google Pixel 6
lol not really,i am not high. it should work, you need
fastboot erase laf
only if you need to go back to fastboot in case of any flashing error, which i think very unlikely. but do as Samy says, I trust him more than I trust myself when we are talking about L70

I tried to erase laf.img but

C:\Users\ENVY\Downloads\Compressed\adb_1.0.31___fastboot>fastboot flash laf laf.img
target reported max download size of 301989888 bytes
sending 'laf' (22528 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.895s]
writing 'laf'...
FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)
finished. total time: 0.910s

yogeshsr

Sep 7, 2012
Burbank,CA
I tried to erase laf.img but

C:\Users\ENVY\Downloads\Compressed\adb_1.0.31___fastboot>fastboot flash laf laf.img
target reported max download size of 301989888 bytes
sending 'laf' (22528 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.895s]
writing 'laf'...
FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)
finished. total time: 0.910s

what all commands have you run so far?

mubin.bzs.06

Apr 5, 2012
New York
Google Pixel 6

yogeshsr

Sep 7, 2012
Burbank,CA
I had started following http://unleashedprepaids.com/thread-9089-post-74935.html#pid74935 thread. Downloaded tot file from http://oudhitsquad.com/android/?dir=LGE/Firmware/MS323 and then extracted the tot by following http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600575 thread. Then I ran the commands (n ubuntu) from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142 thread. Thats all I have done so far.. :(

ok, so this has gotten you fastboot back, after this as Samy mentioned, did you try to delete the laf and re-flash the same? in your previous post, I saw you were trying to flash the laf before erasing the same.

mubin.bzs.06

Apr 5, 2012
New York
Google Pixel 6
ok, so this has gotten you fastboot back, after this as Samy mentioned, did you try to delete the laf and re-flash the same? in your previous post, I saw you were trying to flash the laf before erasing the same.

I tried to erase but gave me the same error

C:\Users\ENVY\Downloads\Compressed\adb_1.0.31___fastboot>fastboot erase laf
erasing 'laf'...
FAILED (remote: Partition table doesn't exist)
finished. total time: -0.000s

yogeshsr

Sep 7, 2012
Burbank,CA
I tried to erase but gave me the same error

C:\Users\ENVY\Downloads\Compressed\adb_1.0.31___fastboot>fastboot erase laf
erasing 'laf'...
FAILED (remote: Partition table doesn't exist)
finished. total time: -0.000s

Well , i will leave it to AA or samy to answer...but i am in the opinion of erase recovery.

Sent from my LGMS323 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CWMR][MS323] CWM 6.0.5.0 For LG L70

This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

This wouldn't be possible without junkie2100 and PlayfulGod, be sure to thank them also ;)

Credits:

junkie2100
    PlayfulGod
    BlastGT1
    bobdamnit
    Cheetopocalypse
    LoneStar
    biggiephil
    crutchcorn
    and last but not least, koush.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your booloader MUST be unlocked to use this.

NOTE: I am still waiting on a firmware B tester to test the key combo to boot to recovery. For all you firmware B users, be careful not to brick your device because the key combo has not been confirmed working for y'all yet :)

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
    Windows
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    Linux
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads

Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Now in terminal or command prompt, type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Place the recovery.img in the root of your internal sd card.

Open up command prompt or terminal and type:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Now it is time to overwrite your stock recovery with cwm, type:
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

That's it, download this awesome app to reboot to recovery HERE

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery you would use the same key that is used to factory reset, from power off, you boot and press volume down

That's it for the recovery, hope everyone enjoys it :) If you would like to donate, you can click the little donate picture in my signature and send me some money for an energy drink :p
    [UNLOCK][MS323] LG L70 Bootloader Unlock

This is the method I used to unlock the bootloader of the LG L70 on MetroPCS. This has worked for me and will work for you if you follow the instructions and read this guide :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may happen when unlocking your bootloader. Your device = Your responsibility.

Credits: junkie2100, PlayfulGod, LoneStar, Cheetopocalypse, bobdamnit, BlastGT1, jonhaney, daddyof3_101, biggiephil and lady vengeance (sorry if I forgot someone).

What you need:

Windows users, you need fastboot and adb installed. All of which is included in the zip for part 1. Linux users, same for you, I have included the adb and fastboot binary but I had a problem with the adb not working in the package, might be something I edited in the shell script so install adb in your bin directory (I can help if needed).

NOTE: Must have busybox installed on your device, have USB debugging enabled, and the phone plugged in and set as charge only.

Part 1:

Windows Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop.
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open the bootloader folder and press shift + right click, select "Open Command Window here".

3. In command prompt, type:
    Code:
    laf_script.bat
    (Hit enter and the first step will start)

Be sure to pay attention to the command window to make sure you are not having any problems. That is it for part 1, go to part 2 :)[/align]

Linux Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open terminal with ctrl + alt + t and cd to the folders directory.
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

3. In the folder, right click the laf_script_linux.sh file, go to properties, and allow the file to execute as program.

4. Now in terminal, type:
    Code:
    ./laf_script_linux.sh

Done with part 1, pay attention to the terminal and be sure everything is working correctly.[/align]

Windows and Linux users, if you had everything setup correctly before running this, you should have a backup of the laf.img in the directory you ran the script from. If you have checked your script directory and your adb directory located on the C drive for windows (If you didn't use the ones I included) and you still don't have a backup of the laf partition, hastebin the output of terminal or command prompt and link me to it.

Part 2:

Windows and Linux Users

1. Power off your device

2. With the device powered off, plug in your usb to your computer, power on and hold volume up until in fastboot mode. If your phone boots to download mode then something didn't work right, be sure you followed every instruction in part 1.

3. Open Command prompt or terminal and cd to the same directory as your scripts, once there, type:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    (Hit enter)
    Be sure that your device is listed, it should be random numbers.
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

4. Verify that your bootloader is indeed unlocked:
    Code:
    fastboot oem device-info

That is it, you are now unlocked ;) Keep in mind that download mode is now gone, so if your brick then fastboot is your only option. If you would like to restore download mode as soon as you unlock your device, you can do this:

cd to the directory where your backup of the laf partition is
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

Push the img to your sdcard
    Code:
    adb push laf.img /sdcard/

Use adb shell & su
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Overwrite the zeroed out partition
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Done, hope y'all enjoy this. If you would like to show me some support, you can do so by clicking the donate link in my signature, all donations will be appreciated :) Be sure to keep your username in the correct field so I can personally thank you.
    Please support for a new device forum request

Hi all,
    Please hit thanks to below post, so that I can build a strong case to get us a forum: we have so much redundant information here, so its a high time we should have our own forum.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54680727&postcount=15119
    Hello everyone,

Thread cleaned to get it back on track.
    This is just a general reminder to all. No one is to ask for ETAs here or anywhere else on this site. No one is entitled to anything. These roms and/or mods take time to do and at times it's a struggle to find enough time to do them for everyone. Please keep in mind, that people have personal lives that come first before anything else that is going on on this website.
    Please respect that and respect each other.

Regards...
    CWM being released soon ;) Testing everything before releasing