[Recovery] [RUU 4.20.531.4] [TWRP Nandroid Backups] [Radio IMGs][ OTA 4.20.531.4 ]

Search This thread

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
@Garmig if I download the 2.22.531.6 ota zip file and try to install it through the stock recovery while NOT being unlocked or s-off what would the outcome be? My phone is completely stock. And it's on the 4.4.4 update. Just curious.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

thefoss

Mar 25, 2006
orlando
I am getting my phone ready to do a warranty return. I have done RUU to 2.22.531.5. I am *** UNLOCKED ***, S-OFF and CID-11111111. I have seen instructions to get locked, and to get S-ON, but how do I set the CID back to whatever it needs to be? Thanks!

I'm in the same boat, S-off, Super CID, and Unlocked bootloader. T-Mobile is making me take the phone in to a retail location for a diagnostic. I understand the RUU process, but is there any step by step guides for this thorough off a restore?

mariosaraylian

Jul 23, 2008
Los Angeles
HTC U12+
I'm in the same boat, S-off, Super CID, and Unlocked bootloader. T-Mobile is making me take the phone in to a retail location for a diagnostic. I understand the RUU process, but is there any step by step guides for this thorough off a restore?
You guys need to first figure what your original CID was: If you are TMOUS then it is probably T-MOB010 (I am in Los Angeles) After you run the RUU's to put everything back to Stock, Just boot into Fastboot and then type Fastboot writecid T-MOB010.

Go to this link for the detailed instructions: http://sakitechonline.com/how-to-change-the-cid-number-of-your-htc-one-to-supercid-m8-or-m7/

thefoss

Mar 25, 2006
orlando
You guys need to first figure what your original CID was: If you are TMOUS then it is probably T-MOB010 (I am in Los Angeles) After you run the RUU's to put everything back to Stock, Just boot into Fastboot and then type Fastboot writecid T-MOB010.

Go to this link for the detailed instructions: http://sakitechonline.com/how-to-change-the-cid-number-of-your-htc-one-to-supercid-m8-or-m7/

great! Thank you, what's the next step? how do I lock the bootloader and S-ON without them being able to detect any tinkering?

mariosaraylian

Jul 23, 2008
Los Angeles
HTC U12+
great! Thank you, what's the next step? how do I lock the bootloader and S-ON without them being able to detect any tinkering?
You have to install the Stock Recovery first, then relock it. I've never actually put a phone back to S-ON before. Look in the HTC One M8 Tmobile forums and there is a thread that gives you the links to all of the Stock RUU's, Stock Recovery, etc. It's not a ton of research actually, you can even just do a Google search and type in XDA to make sure you find everything in the XDA threads here.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Why are you guys wanting Tmobile to take the phones back if I may ask..?

vjaamm

Oct 17, 2010
Back to stock question

I had my M8 through T-Mobile. I converted it over to a GPe and have since take the OTA update to 5.0.1. I'm not rooted.

I don't really like the update and want to go back to stock, unrooted, 4.4.4 Sense, Stock recovery, with all the bloat that came along with it.. basically exactly how it was when I got it.

I downloaded the 3.32.531.2 RUU. Since it's just an .exe file, do I just have to run it and i'm good to go? I know I'll need to change my CID as well, but that I know how to do.

I'm used to working with Moto phones. This is the first HTC one I've had in years so I don't really know all their stuff yet.

Thanks!

mariosaraylian

Jul 23, 2008
Los Angeles
HTC U12+
I had my M8 through T-Mobile. I converted it over to a GPe and have since take the OTA update to 5.0.1. I'm not rooted.

I don't really like the update and want to go back to stock, unrooted, 4.4.4 Sense, Stock recovery, with all the bloat that came along with it.. basically exactly how it was when I got it.

I downloaded the 3.32.531.2 RUU. Since it's just an .exe file, do I just have to run it and i'm good to go? I know I'll need to change my CID as well, but that I know how to do.

I'm used to working with Moto phones. This is the first HTC one I've had in years so I don't really know all their stuff yet.

Thanks!
If you did not S-Off and you did not change the HTC stock recovery then you should be fine with just running the RUU. After the RUU is done boot into the boot loader if the phone is off push the Vol- and Power button, keep Vol- pushed down until you see the boot loader screen with all the information on it (if you are already powered on push Vol+ and Power button for 10 seconds to reboot, then immediately push Vol- to load the boot loader). Make sure that on the boot loader screen it shows your are Locked, the current OS version etc.

You can use the Stock Rom all you want, but I would still use the most current firmware OR you can root and S-Off the phone and REALLY learn how amazing it can be :)

Reactions: vjaamm

vjaamm

Oct 17, 2010
I do have S-Off and my bootloader is unlocked. I had to do both to switch over to GPe.

When I did it, I had to change the recovery to TWRP. When I flashed the unrooted GPe RUU, it loaded the stock android recovery onto it.

Edit: From the bootloader, when I choose recovery it shows the android with the caution sign and underneath it it says No Command.

Last edited:

mariosaraylian

Jul 23, 2008
Los Angeles
HTC U12+
I do have S-Off and my bootloader is unlocked. I had to do both to switch over to GPe.

When I did it, I had to change the recovery to TWRP. When I flashed the unrooted GPe RUU, it loaded the stock android recovery onto it.

Edit: From the bootloader, when I choose recovery it shows the android with the caution sign and underneath it it says No Command.
That is fine it means that the RUU also flashed the HTC Stock Recovery....is this what you wanted?

vjaamm

Oct 17, 2010
I believe so. I'll change the CID back to T-mobile's tonight and try running the RUU. The battery life on the GPe Kit Kat and Lollipop has been awful for me so I wanted to just got back to exactly as it was when I first got it. In the last year or so, I haven't really cared about root and only bootloader unlocked and S-Off to get to GPe.

mariosaraylian

Jul 23, 2008
Los Angeles
HTC U12+
I believe so. I'll change the CID back to T-mobile's tonight and try running the RUU. The battery life on the GPe Kit Kat and Lollipop has been awful for me so I wanted to just got back to exactly as it was when I first got it. In the last year or so, I haven't really cared about root and only bootloader unlocked and S-Off to get to GPe.
Running the Stock RUU will change the ROM and boot loader and recovery all back to stock but I do not think it will make the phone S-ON again. I think that is a different process. If you are not returning the phone to T-Mobile and just want to use the Stock ROM then just stay as you are and keep it S-Off.

vjaamm

Oct 17, 2010
Running the Stock RUU will change the ROM and boot loader and recovery all back to stock but I do not think it will make the phone S-ON again. I think that is a different process. If you are not returning the phone to T-Mobile and just want to use the Stock ROM then just stay as you are and keep it S-Off.

Thanks for all the help! I think that answered everything. I'm ok with having S-OFF still as long as I get back to Sense and the better battery life I was getting. I'm not planning on bringing it back to T-Mobile or anything.

vjaamm

Oct 17, 2010
My pleasure! Please hit the Thanks Button!!! [emoji1]

It appears that It is not working. After the RUU startes up, it does the bootloader check and then give me an error ERROR [155]: Unknown Error.

According to the read me file it says that I have the wrong image. Could that be happening because I have the bootloader unlocked you think?

Garmig

Aug 7, 2008
Las Vegas
www.draincleaning.vegas
From the Tmo-m8 3.32.531.2 OTA file extract the firmware and flash it to your device via fastboot commands.
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
Then again after the error...
fastboot reboot-bootloader
And now you can run the Tmobile RUU.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

vjaamm

Oct 17, 2010
From the Tmo-m8 3.32.531.2 OTA file extract the firmware and flash it to your device via fastboot commands.
fastboot oem rebootRUU
Then again after the error...
fastboot reboot-bootloader
And now you can run the Tmobile RUU.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

You're awesome and just made my day. That worked great and I'm back on Sense. I'd hit the thanks button a hundred times if I could!

cehf

Sep 18, 2011
San Diego
I made this thread and haven't gotten any answers. http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-htc-one-m8/help/phone-rebooting-root-attempt-t2969600

Will using one of the RUUs in the OP help me to get this phone working again? I'm not sure which one I should use. The phone is on 4.4.2. Build Number 1.57.531.7 CL340355 release-keys. Baseband 1.16.21331931.LA24G_20.31A.4145.02L_F

I've noticed that there's an RUU with this build number but would using one of the newer ones work still? I want to get this working and then S-Off it and put it on the GPE rom.

ecuajosh

Sep 23, 2008
stock stripping

Hi there, my phone did an update, and i tried to downgrade, seems like the radio got updated too, now i'm having some connectivity issues.
some program get online some don't since this happened. i tried reverting everything back to stock and upgraded all the way to the last ota. but i still have same connectivity issues. these programs won't connect unless i'm on wifi.
i ended up recurring to warranty exchange, but they sent what seems to be a refurbished phone, i wonder how can i get the stock radio,firmware and bootloader from this unit before modifying it.
thanks in advance for any advice.
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.22.213311491.08G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: ************
(bootloader) imei: ****************
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 038866fd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
the only difference i see between mine and the new unit is (bootloader) version-main: 3.32.531.2
thank you

mariosaraylian

Jul 23, 2008
Los Angeles
HTC U12+
Hi there, my phone did an update, and i tried to downgrade, seems like the radio got updated too, now i'm having some connectivity issues.
some program get online some don't since this happened. i tried reverting everything back to stock and upgraded all the way to the last ota. but i still have same connectivity issues. these programs won't connect unless i'm on wifi.
i ended up recurring to warranty exchange, but they sent what seems to be a refurbished phone, i wonder how can i get the stock radio,firmware and bootloader from this unit before modifying it.
thanks in advance for any advice.
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.22.213311491.08G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: ************
(bootloader) imei: ****************
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 038866fd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
the only difference i see between mine and the new unit is (bootloader) version-main: 3.32.531.2
thank you
Have you done a complete wipe and reloaded the firmware and ROM? There is no such thing as really "some" apps working and some not working on data. Also are you referring to your 4GLTE data connection or WiFi also or both or what?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

I made this thread and haven't gotten any answers. http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-htc-one-m8/help/phone-rebooting-root-attempt-t2969600

Will using one of the RUUs in the OP help me to get this phone working again? I'm not sure which one I should use. The phone is on 4.4.2. Build Number 1.57.531.7 CL340355 release-keys. Baseband 1.16.21331931.LA24G_20.31A.4145.02L_F

I've noticed that there's an RUU with this build number but would using one of the newer ones work still? I want to get this working and then S-Off it and put it on the GPE rom.
You need to provide more details, is it a Verizon phone or GSM or what? The RUU will work fine and the current version numbers don't matter. You need to choose the right firmware and install it correctly or you can brick the phone.

ecuajosh

Sep 23, 2008
I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either, but it started to occur since i downgraded, probably something got corrupted along the way.
wifi works 100 % always, but 4g lte some apps (a couple of games or music id app) return with a connection failed unless i'm on wifi, stock apps work always,(browser,email,etc).
and yes i wiped many times, flashed stock. what im going to try is flash everything to the first version and try to upgrade my way up with the files provided in this forum. i previously did with the list of files in the forum for the international version. (they had firmware for T-MOB010).
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=57462198#post57462198
so i will post if that fixes my problem.
thanks

Have you done a complete wipe and reloaded the firmware and ROM? There is no such thing as really "some" apps working and some not working on data. Also are you referring to your 4GLTE data connection or WiFi also or both or what?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

You need to provide more details, is it a Verizon phone or GSM or what? The RUU will work fine and the current version numbers don't matter. You need to choose the right firmware and install it correctly or you can brick the phone.

Top Liked Posts