HTC EVO 4G LTE @ BestBuy

Search This thread
Last edited:

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I was just about to order from best buy, but I did a web chat with CSR and asked about 50$ gift card. He said that's only in-store. That's fine with me, as I only shop brick and mortar, but thought others may wanna know.

sent from 2yr old Evo on ICS

ImaWinRAR

Sep 19, 2011
Chicago
what benefits are there to pre ordering with Best Buy? based from past experience, it assures you a phone at launch, but for the same price wouldn't you just pre order with Sprint and get it a couple days earlier(potentially)? unless you have a gift card or something

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I know with the OG Evo and pre ordering thru radio shack, the nice part was radio shack processed the 100$ rebate in-store. I didn't have to mail the rebate in and wait 2mo for it in the mail. But, that may not be relevant anymore, as it appears the rebate is pre-processed with online sales.

That said, waiting for rebate in mail can be good, too. With my diamond, I got a rebate for 400 something dollars. Somehow the rebate center thought it was for 4 devices. Nice surprise in the mail, that's for sure. :D

guitarman584

Jul 20, 2009
Some, Where
I just got back from pre-ordering mine at my local best buy. I just had to pay $50, sort of a down payment but I got the $50 gift card. On the receipt it says the estimated date to pick up is May 18th but he said it could change.

fachadick

Jul 3, 2010
Northern NJ
fachadick.wordpress.com
I just got back from pre-ordering mine at my local best buy. I just had to pay $50, sort of a down payment but I got the $50 gift card. On the receipt it says the estimated date to pick up is May 18th but he said it could change.

Hate to say it, but you got ripped off my friend. Or maybe not. For this launch, BB doesn't require the downpayment (at least they didn't for me or anyone else I talked to - might be a regional thing though). All BB preorders get a $50 gift card without the downpayment, which you'll recieve when you purchase the phone. This gift card can then be used towards the cost of the phone - bringing the cost of the phone down to $150 if preordered at BB. Having said that, hopefully you'll still revive the extra $50 gift card when you go in to buy the phone.

TorxT3D

Jul 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
i got back from bestbuy.

NO MONEY was given.
they asked if im upgrading, zip, email, name, and printed out a sheet of paper detailing my reserved phone. they'll email me when its there.
they also give you a printout of available accessories for the phone on release date, otter case, n some other chit.

i guess i'll pay for it when it gets there, they said the gift card is given if you trade in your EVO. i was like, nahh. i was one of 2 people @ 2pm. (edit, sounds like bestbuys arent on the same page)

i dont think many people are excited about this phone or know about it.
either way, cool with me, saves me money until it arrives.

i wanted to walk out with that asus transformer prime/or t300
theyre speculating 18th, friday release too.

Last edited:

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Same here. Just walked out of best buy. No money exchanged hands. No gift card. Just a paper reservation. Which has the wrong name in it, I noticed halfway home. A diff line/name/number on my family plan. Need to get this sorted out. They were selling Evo 4gs for 99$. I was surprised to see that. Almost got one for my mom for mothers day. But I'm thinking galaxy nexus for her. That way if Evo never gets flash friendly, I'll just trade her phones lol

guitarman584

Jul 20, 2009
Some, Where
Hate to say it, but you got ripped off my friend. Or maybe not. For this launch, BB doesn't require the downpayment (at least they didn't for me or anyone else I talked to - might be a regional thing though). All BB preorders get a $50 gift card without the downpayment, which you'll recieve when you purchase the phone. This gift card can then be used towards the cost of the phone - bringing the cost of the phone down to $150 if preordered at BB. Having said that, hopefully you'll still revive the extra $50 gift card when you go in to buy the phone.
Well if that's the case, I didn't get screwed over. I just bought myself a gift card. Which I don't really see the point in but at least I didn't have to pay for the whole phone right there.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I also got the "no gift card, no money exchanged" version of the pre-order at BB.
Do I have to get insurance with BB if I want insurance, or can I still get it elsewhere? Any suggestions?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

TorxT3D

Jul 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
the original evo 4g release at best buy was a joke.
sprint systems were bogged making activation an hourly issue, bestbuy was allowing later numbered people skip.

i hope this time around its a little more smooth.

AngelofChaos

Aug 28, 2010
Winter Park, FL
mine was down payment. Paid $50 for a giftcard which I could then use to pay down the phone. Wasn't until recently that I read that you also get another $50 giftcard upon activation of the phone. I don't see it as a ripoff though, $50 is pocket change to me.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
mine was down payment. Paid $50 for a giftcard which I could then use to pay down the phone. Wasn't until recently that I read that you also get another $50 giftcard upon activation of the phone. I don't see it as a ripoff though, $50 is pocket change to me.

That's not a very flattering statement. But regardless, I would love some of your pocket change if it is so insignificant to you. Most people would have their day made if they found $50 on the street.

kmyerslp

Aug 9, 2010
Missouri
Similar experience at BB. Info given at 6 pm, got my paper, no money exchanged. 2nd in line (woman next to me was 1st), Will receive e-mail when it's in. Will cost 50$ to get the phone assuming im trading in my Evo. Through Sprint it would have cost me around 130$ or more depending on how much value the Evo loses over the next few days. No brainer there.

Sent from my Evo

rubber guard

Aug 22, 2010
Austin
preorded today instore at best buy

no deposit (per the email they looked at in the system)
filled out paperwork just like i would on a normal upgrade
got confirmation (email and physical)
left my phone number and time i expected to pick it up (assuming it stays on 5/18 launch)

I didn't ask about $50 wireless freedom or $50 preorder, but that right there should drive price to $100, then add in $10 Google Wallet and possibly $50+ in trade in.

well done

ls3mach

Apr 4, 2006
That's not a very flattering statement. But regardless, I would love some of your pocket change if it is so insignificant to you. Most people would have their day made if they found $50 on the street.

How's that not flattering? Used to be a time when nice cellular phones weren't owned by everyone. I don't necessarily miss that. People have their priorities so far out of whack, it is absurd. If $50 is a lot of money to someone maybe they shouldn't be dropping $4000+ a year on cellular services and its accompanying toys.

Hell I commented on a post earlier about a guy taking no interest financing for 18 months on a sub $500 tablet. A lot of what is wrong with the current economy in the US. People living beyond their means. Feeling entitled. Always having to get the latest and greatest. Saddens me

I bought 2 for $250 shipped no tax. Considered paying for express shipping, but that would have negated my good deal by $40.

Reactions: jaime2563

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
How's that not flattering? Used to be a time when nice cellular phones weren't owned by everyone. I don't necessarily miss that. People have their priorities so far out of whack, it is absurd. If $50 is a lot of money to someone maybe they shouldn't be dropping $4000+ a year on cellular services and its accompanying toys.

Hell I commented on a post earlier about a guy taking no interest financing for 18 months on a sub $500 tablet. A lot of what is wrong with the current economy in the US. People living beyond their means. Feeling entitled. Always having to get the latest and greatest. Saddens me

I bought 2 for $250 shipped no tax. Considered paying for express shipping, but that would have negated my good deal by $40.

I completely agree with your comments about living our of their means. I also agree that this country is messed up that way. I am a teacher in a high school just outside of Chicago, and while 80% of my students are on free or reduced lunch, 100% of them own a cell phone (and about 80% are smartphones from my estimation). I find this to be both disturbing and indicative of our messed up system.

Anyway, I just didn't feel that flaunting the insignificance of x dollar amount was real classy. Maybe it was to make a larger point, to me it came off as very smug. I don't care how rich you are, saving $50 if the option is present should mean something to you, in my opinion.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bestbuy sucks

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Please check your PMs.
    bbm_evo4glte.jpg
    Ugh, tapatalk crashed as I was responding to 2 posts. Anyway, whoever said about BBY having them or almost having them, its hard to say. There have been numerous phone launches in the past where BBY doesn't get the phones right away, like the GNex on Sprint, because Sprint wanted to do their launch first and then send the phones to BBY even though we did preorders for them.

If you call up to your stores, talk to the person that answers the phone, not the mobile people. The people that answer the phone are likely very detatched from what is going on and they're not gonna try to give you a hard time when you're asking about inventory levels. There are 3 different inventory levels we care about right now - on order, in transit, and inbound allocated. On order is how many we have requested. In transit is the quantity we will get within a few trucks (could be the truck after the next truck or it might be more than that). Inbound allocated is the inventory when the truck comes in. This quantity should only appear when the truck is on its way to the store. So if you call your local BBYs, ask if they have any in stock or if they show any in transit or inbound allocated.

Whoever said something about signage and delaying the launch because it can take a day or two to do that is wrong. Signage takes a few minutes for what they need to do with this launch. No additional employee trainings are needed for this launch.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    that regular price seems a bit steep. hopefully i can get the discount :)
    Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.
    This link will let you check your local BestBuy inventory.
    Not sure how often they update the online inventory though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode