[HOW-TO] SIM Unlock for the HTC Holiday/Raider/Velocity

Search This thread

cruzin_cruzing

Dec 30, 2010
sieempi said:
PLEASE NOTE!:
This solution is heavily linked to the device it's being applied to by the use of IMEI, which can be considered a breach in security.
DISCLAIMER:
This solution provided for you on this site is given AS IS and in GOOD FAITH and is based on the research I made. I may not accept any liability or responsibility for the use of this applicaton.

Requirements:
  • S-Off
  • Any Web Browser on any OS

Steps:
1. Fill in the form located here. Thanks to sieempi for all the hard work. Don't forget to make a generous donation to him.

2. The Config.dat file will have been emailed to you. Download the attachment and put it into the root of the external SD card or internal storage of your device depending on what works for you.

3. Simpy boot into the Bootloader and navigate to the SIMLOCK option with the volume keys and select it by pressing power. The output should look similar to this:
Code:
fat32 init ok
reading config.dat
read mccmnc file success
open CID file fail
get device IMEI success
IMEI checking...PASS!

4. Congratulations, your device should now be SIM Unlocked. You'll need a SIM Card from another carrier to verify.

Last edited:

dust906

Jun 16, 2010
HTC aria , running CM9 updated to 2.2 stock , then rooted , then flashed roms
i have revolutionary s-off
hboot 6.02.1002

can't get it to work
open mccmnc file fail
open CID file fail
process done , reboot device ?
press volume up

cookie1018

Apr 8, 2011
Alexandria, VA
HTC aria , running CM9 updated to 2.2 stock , then rooted , then flashed roms
i have revolutionary s-off
hboot 6.02.1002

can't get it to work
open mccmnc file fail
open CID file fail
press volume up

Put the file that you got onto your external SD card and try again. I had the same message come up when I did it with the internal memory.

dust906

Jun 16, 2010
thats exactly what im doing ........ i insert the SD card into my computer and copy the file to it....

then i boot up bootloader and run it , but to no avail

ChopAxePiece

May 31, 2012
Manchester
worked a treat on my desire s

i'm running miui rom with s-on 2.3.5, 2.00.0002

tried putting the .dat file in the internal memory but kept getting errors

tried it in the sd card, worked straight away...:)

Thanks given to OP

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

But if its based off this it should work without S-Off.

Anyone willing to try :p

I tried this but it says it only works on desire and sensation :(

L551

Nov 30, 2010
Getting this too:

HTC Aria , with CM7.
Used AlphaRevX some time ago for S-OFF
HBOOT 6.02.1002

FAT32 init OK
open mccmnc file fail
open CID file fail
<VOL UP> Yes

It's on the SD card, but nothing's working...is it possible because of partitioned SD card?

New SD card, worked. But T-Mobile SIM still asks for unlock code.

Last edited:

dust906

Jun 16, 2010
ok so it worked with another SD card on the first try ... weird but cool

so does anyone know if this will persist through updates , rom flashing , and or upgrades

and is it safe to run again at a later date....

how serious is the change of what was done ??

just curious if this can hurt in any way

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sieempi said:
    PLEASE NOTE!:
    This solution is heavily linked to the device it's being applied to by the use of IMEI, which can be considered a breach in security.
    DISCLAIMER:
    This solution provided for you on this site is given AS IS and in GOOD FAITH and is based on the research I made. I may not accept any liability or responsibility for the use of this applicaton.

Requirements:
    • S-Off
    • Any Web Browser on any OS

Steps:
    1. Fill in the form located here. Thanks to sieempi for all the hard work. Don't forget to make a generous donation to him.

2. The Config.dat file will have been emailed to you. Download the attachment and put it into the root of the external SD card or internal storage of your device depending on what works for you.

3. Simpy boot into the Bootloader and navigate to the SIMLOCK option with the volume keys and select it by pressing power. The output should look similar to this:
    Code:
    fat32 init ok
    reading config.dat
    read mccmnc file success
    open CID file fail
    get device IMEI success
    IMEI checking...PASS!

4. Congratulations, your device should now be SIM Unlocked. You'll need a SIM Card from another carrier to verify.
    On my vivid I just hit mobile network then apn settings,search network T-Mobile pop up and I had signal.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
    thanks

edit:
    I've filled out the form 12 times (after it timing out, not loading and giving me SQL errors for over an hour) and each time that it actually loaded, it told me: "An email has been sent to: jagpoag@gmail.com. You may proceed with the next step!" Funny, my spam box is empty, my inbox is empty. There is no email anywhere to be found at all

edit again..lol:
    OK, it worked. Took a couple of hours and over 100 tries but the email showed up and everything seems to be working as it should. Thanks again for sharing this with everyone. Anyone having problems getting the emails, just wait and keep trying...it will show up.
    Well, we must wait for it to go up because there isn't any other free one.
    No try to use another computer or your phone that was how I did it

Sent from my WX435 using xda app-developers app

I've tried both my phones, my girlfriend's iPhone, and both our laptops. All the same...

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

I've tried both my phones, my girlfriend's iPhone, and both our laptops. All the same...

I finally got it to show up, Just had to hit refresh on my browser about 60 times.