[Q] Lost my dialer app

Search This thread

macmeier

Sep 28, 2011
I've got a strange issue with my htc one (cyanogenmod 11). After a full wipe and fresh install my second dialer app is
completely gone. Before there were those two dialer apps (the now google one) and the system app. Now there is
only one app left and I can't pick up incoming calls.

I've tried a clean install and a reflash of the gapps package. Without any success.

Under apps I find the following:

telephone
com.android.phone
Version 4.4.2-01cf8eade0

and

com.android.providers.telephony

with the same version number.

Can anyone help ? Maybe link the stock system dialer app or something ?

marcmicalizzi

Feb 3, 2014
I ran into the same problem, my solution ended up being I had to flash another 4.4 rom (I used a GPE one), and then reflash the CM over that, when I had both dialers again.

Reactions: macmeier

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
I've had a problem like that once (no calendar app). I solved it by formatting /system then reflashing my ROM. I'd try that first if I were you.

Reactions: macmeier

macmeier

Sep 28, 2011
I finally solved that problem by flashing a sense 5 ROM. No cyanogenmod based ROM did that job. Now the device works fine again, but I still don't understand what the problem was. Thank you for your help.

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
I finally solved that problem by flashing a sense 5 ROM. No cyanogenmod based ROM did that job. Now the device works fine again, but I still don't understand what the problem was. Thank you for your help.
The CyanogenMod install code has logic for preserving certain apps in a certain directory, and restoring them after the install. This is why you only need to flash GApps once. One of the apps in that folder was broken, badly misconfigured, or duplicated. That's why I thought you should format /system. Anyway, glad you solved it.

macmeier

Sep 28, 2011
I've installed the sense ROM before your post. Now I'm happy to have Zoe back, because I've I missed it a lot.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ran into the same problem, my solution ended up being I had to flash another 4.4 rom (I used a GPE one), and then reflash the CM over that, when I had both dialers again.
    I've had a problem like that once (no calendar app). I solved it by formatting /system then reflashing my ROM. I'd try that first if I were you.