[THEME] Throttle Max Sense Public Beta 0.85

Search This thread

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
I have released a public beta version of my new Throttle Launcher theme over at the Throttle Launcher forums HERE

The theme has been created with permission from maxycy and bignadad for the graphics

The theme has been tested on wqvga and vga devices and was created for those with lower powered devices that want to experience that max sense feel.

Before you start using the theme be sure to run through the configuration, go through the theme settings and pay extra special attention to the programs section where you need to specify what programs will be used to perform certain functions. There is also an exes folder included with some goodies already for you, these are provided as is and may not work for every device.

The weather requires you to Download animations which can be stored on your storage card and pointed to from within the config.

When you press any of the taskbar icons you will see a page similar to that in screenshot 4 to exit to the homescreen you can click on the first icon or to return to the page you were on press on any area of the black background.

Please provide detailed feedback of any issues below.

Revision History
0.8 first public beta
0.81 bugfix startbutton issue when in taskbar page
0.85 07/09/2010 facebook and twitter pages have now been replaced by shortcuts to installed executables.
to allow for a speedup of the tablauncher and weather pages I have now incorporated new weather icons stored in iconsweather within the theme - see screenshots here
a few minor tweaks here and there

Attachments

• homescreen.jpg
    homescreen.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,210
  • faves.jpg
    faves.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,218
  • tablauncher.jpg
    tablauncher.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 979
  • taskbarbattery.jpg
    taskbarbattery.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Very very nice, i have to try that out right away. You make really the best TL themes out there my friend...thanks :D

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Working great everything. I just have some problems changing the default black background, can you help?

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
go in to throttle config and open the theme settings.
for the i900 you need to have it set like this as there is no accelleration.
i have also included the rendering options as i have them also

Attachments

• livebackground.jpg
    livebackground.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 96

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
go in to throttle config and open the theme settings.
for the i900 you need to have it set like this as there is no accelleration.
i have also included the rendering options as i have them also

The first setting i have like you. The second i don`t have. It says no OpenGL ES driver was found. Hardware acceleration is not available.

ock

Mar 9, 2010
Looks very nice, have been looking for a light skin for ThrottleLauncher. Will test it out soon :)

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Would appreciate your detailed feedback - dont forget this is still a beta

After having tested the theme since yesterday i found that it has some problems:
Several times when adding new widgets or when running a program from within TL, Throttle Launcher quits and i have to restart it manually. I use TL as standalone, not as today plugin. I verified other themes but it only happens with this one. As further info. i use TL version 1.1.9

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008

I don't know if it is due to the version 1.1.11 that i have installed but now it is stabler and does not quit often.
On the other hand, how do i add shortcuts on the left panel (left arrows on the side of the home icon)? There are shortcuts there but i think they were pulled from the last theme i used, and there is no add button, left and right softkeys are bringing up the config for TL and for the device. In favorites for example there is an add button and there i could add shortcuts without problems.

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
the porgrams that appear here should come from the installed program list

You mean the start menu? Then something is wrong, as only 5 programs show up on my device. On my ROM the start menu is "Windows/Menú Inicio/Programas", maybe this is the problem? On the other side who knows where the 5 shortcuts came from... they are installed programs, but i have easy above 50 installed programs.

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
You mean the start menu? Then something is wrong, as only 5 programs show up on my device. On my ROM the start menu is "Windows/Menú Inicio/Programas", maybe this is the problem? On the other side who knows where the 5 shortcuts came from... they are installed programs, but i have easy above 50 installed programs.
im at a loss then, can any of our foreign language users assist here please:confused:

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
if you browse "Windows/Menú Inicio/Programas" on your device can you see all the .lnk files you would expect to have shortcuts for?

I am working on the principal that menu inicio is start menu here ;)

Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Another question:
As the facebook and twitter widgets do not work for me i would like to launch facebook.exe and PockeTwit.exe when i tap on the corresponding icon in the tablauncher page. What do i have to change in the xml to make this happen? I tried to modify the config.xml but now only a blank page opens. I also tried to modify the facebook.xml and the twitter.xml, but that also did not work. I am sure i am doing something wrong, but i don't know what. If you point me to what to change i might get it to work.
Thanks