Change Bootanimation

Search This thread

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
Hello everyone... a few days ago i bought from Google Play RomToolbox pro (great app for all root users) and i saw that with an app inside RomToolbox (this app is called Boot Animations) you can download, install and create Boot Animations...
I downloaded many bootanimation.zip files but when I turn off my phone to install them when it turns back on the bootanimation has not changed...
Later i tried to flash it from CWM recovery but it won't do it... so my question is How do we install custom boot animations??
leodani

Sent from my GT-S5310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Swap with original, usually found in /system/media

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hello everyone... a few days ago i bought from Google Play RomToolbox pro (great app for all root users) and i saw that with an app inside RomToolbox (this app is called Boot Animations) you can download, install and create Boot Animations...
I downloaded many bootanimation.zip files but when I turn off my phone to install them when it turns back on the bootanimation has not changed...
Later i tried to flash it from CWM recovery but it won't do it... so my question is How do we install custom boot animations??
leodani

Are you using a Samsung phone?
In case of my Samsung Galaxy y, first I need to enable boot animation, then I can change it.
If you want I can give you files of GT-S5360 and you can try putting then in your phone.

Make a backup first
Press thanks if helped :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D

Last edited:
Reactions: leodani

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
Yes i am using a rooted Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo with CWM recovery installed... could you please give me these files please?? How do I install these files... thank you
leodani

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
In your ROM toolbox app, you'll see a root file explorer, use this, go to /system/media
Here you should see bootanimation.zip
Remove it, replace with the one you wanted and change permissions

In your ROM toolbox app, you'll see a root file explorer, use this, go to /system/media

Can you read above post? Samsung blocks installation of custom boot animations.
@leodani I will attach the files tomorrow when I am on computer

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Never had a Samsung device that I needed to do anything different for bootanimations for but if you say so, I've only had four Sammy's but I'm sure there's one or two out there that is special

I guess I should add to this, using ROM toolbox for changing bootanimations leaves original in place but pushes the new one to data/local which doesn't work for many devices, by manually replacing a bootanimation I can not see how it would be possible for the original to continue playing as it wouldn't be there and there would be a different one in its place
As a side note I have made aroma.zips for multiple devices including a few Samsung's that do exactly this, just I wrote scripts to do the manual parts for the user so they just tap buttons
So yes I can read your above post, I just don't find it to be accurate, but hey technology always surprise me

Last edited:

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
Okay... thank you hnkotnis... i would press the thanks button but i can not find it on the mobile app...

Files you require.

Okay... thank you hnkotnis... i would press the thanks button but i can not find it on the mobile app...

Sorry for late. I was working on Aroma Kernel Backup Tool. XDA Mobile app doesn't allow uploading files except images.

DO NOT FLASH!!!!! EXTRACT AND COPY!!!!!
Here are the files from GALAXY Y GT-S5360. MAY OR MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH GT-S5310.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING

Put bootanimation and samsungani in /system/bin by Root Explorer.
Permissions for bootanimation rwxr-xr-x
Permissions for samsungani rwxr-xr-x

Put your bootanimation.zip in /system/media
Its permissions are rwxr-xr-x

(OPTIONAL) If you want sound for bootanimation, put any sound file (must have name poweron.ogg)
Put poweron.ogg in /system/etc and permissions rw-r--r--

By the way, to press thanks from mobile app, click on writer's name; a menu will pop up and click thanks.

Attachments

• BootAnimationEnabler.rar
    8.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
They are not working.... they stopped my phone from working... it would boot only on recovery but now it's all fixed ;)

They are not working.... they stopped my phone from working... it would boot only on recovery but now it's all fixed ;)

Actually they enable boot animation on galaxy y.
Did you follow all steps? Did you give permissions?

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
decided to do some research being i never heard of this issue before and it turns out your right @hnkotnis so sorry for saying it was inaccurate
there are some phones whose kernel blocks custom bootanimations, new to me as I have owned only a handful of Samsungs, but like i said technology surprises me
but i would strongly recommend not to flash any scripts or mods meant for one phone on another without combing through all the scripts, a quick brick will often be a likely outcome, turns out this one wouldn't cause a true brick so may be worth flashing.
For the vast majority of android devices this script should not be used, rather just replace bootanimation.zip and change permissions
and if you use or link the script try and respect the author @deathnotice01
as clearly laid out in first post HERE PLEASE CREDIT ME AND LINK THE FILES HERE
so @leodani be careful what you flash and try the standard way first (and always make a nandroid when unsure)
and hnkotnis, what is an aroma kernel backup tool? i mean what is the purpose? sounds unique ;)

Last edited:
what is an aroma kernel backup tool? i mean what is the purpose? sounds unique ;)
@demkantor

I did not take files from deathnotice01, I took them from a custom ROM ported to Galaxy y from Galaxy Pocket.

For Samsung Galaxy y CWM is broken, it cannot backup/restore kernel.
There are other tools which can take backup or restore. But you need to use different tools which can conflict.
I mean different tool for backup, different tool or restore. There are bugs in boot.img renaming..........etc

There was a need of single tool. So I created it.
So I created Aroma Backup Tool for Kernel which can backup/restore the Kernel.
Click here to know more.

Last edited:

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
Yes... i did... i extracted the files with EasyUnrar Premium and then i copyed the files in system/bin using root browser.... i long pressed on the 2 files and changed permission I tried to reboot my phone...but it would only reboot into recovery but I managed to fix it since i have 2 pocket neos i tried on one( without doing a backup... noob) and i did a backup of the other one and did restore on the bricked one

How can i change bootanimation??

It is disabled by Samsung. Now you have 2 options if you need to replace bootanimation
Flash a custom ROM having bootanimation.

If you don't want new ROM, then extract files from such ROM (They will be in place from where I gave you mine, check my old post) and replace in your current rom and give permissions.

If you want me to do it, give me link of ROM having bootanimation for Galaxy pocket neo. I will extract those files and (will try to create a CWM flashable zip for you)

Last edited:

leodani

Dec 3, 2013
Florence
I have installed Pure Performances and Pure Audio ( you can find them in the developer only part of android development and hacking)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    leodani

Are you using a Samsung phone?
    In case of my Samsung Galaxy y, first I need to enable boot animation, then I can change it.
    If you want I can give you files of GT-S5360 and you can try putting then in your phone.

Make a backup first
    Press thanks if helped :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Can you read above post? Samsung blocks installation of custom boot animations.
    @leodani I will attach the files tomorrow when I am on computer

Files you require.

Sorry for late. I was working on Aroma Kernel Backup Tool. XDA Mobile app doesn't allow uploading files except images.

DO NOT FLASH!!!!! EXTRACT AND COPY!!!!!
    Here are the files from GALAXY Y GT-S5360. MAY OR MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH GT-S5310.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING

Put bootanimation and samsungani in /system/bin by Root Explorer.
    Permissions for bootanimation rwxr-xr-x
    Permissions for samsungani rwxr-xr-x

Put your bootanimation.zip in /system/media
    Its permissions are rwxr-xr-x

(OPTIONAL) If you want sound for bootanimation, put any sound file (must have name poweron.ogg)
    Put poweron.ogg in /system/etc and permissions rw-r--r--

By the way, to press thanks from mobile app, click on writer's name; a menu will pop up and click thanks.
    How can i change bootanimation??

It is disabled by Samsung. Now you have 2 options if you need to replace bootanimation
    Flash a custom ROM having bootanimation.

If you don't want new ROM, then extract files from such ROM (They will be in place from where I gave you mine, check my old post) and replace in your current rom and give permissions.

If you want me to do it, give me link of ROM having bootanimation for Galaxy pocket neo. I will extract those files and (will try to create a CWM flashable zip for you)