How to get access to root filesystem (or fix permissions)?

Search This thread

diji1

Aug 26, 2006
Adelaide, SA
I'm trying to copy some files to the root of my Ultra 6833 filesystem but I keep getting a "no space" error. I searched a bit and found out that this may be caused by either permissions needing to be fixed or a device specific restriction that has to be removed.

Well I can't find "fix permissions" option in CWM recovery or ROM Manager anymore. Can someone please point me in the right direction to fix this thanks.

Edit: Sorry brainfart happened :p - I can use fix permissions in ROM Manager (not Toolbox) - but that hasn't fixed the issue.

I'm using PAC 12-13-13 firmware if that makes a difference.

Edit: Sorry fixed it ... forgot you had to mount the partition. Maybe I should go back to bed?

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
I'm trying to copy some files to the root of my Ultra 6833 filesystem but I keep getting a "no space" error. I searched a bit and found out that this may be caused by either permissions needing to be fixed or a device specific restriction that has to be removed.

Well I can't find "fix permissions" option in CWM recovery or ROM Manager anymore. Can someone please point me in the right direction to fix this thanks.

Edit: Sorry brainfart happened :p - I can use fix permissions in ROM Manager (not Toolbox) - but that hasn't fixed the issue.

Edit: Sorry fixed it ... forgot you had to mount the partition. Maybe I should go back to bed?

Lols... Brainfarts aside, I personally love to see people's processes written like this, makes me giggle. Well done for sorting it and this is a good guide for others should they face the same issue.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: diji1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lols... Brainfarts aside, I personally love to see people's processes written like this, makes me giggle. Well done for sorting it and this is a good guide for others should they face the same issue.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app