Cannot get my phone to move past SAMSUNG logo after unroot.

Search This thread

wascapsfan

Account currently disabled
Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I did the SPH-L900 MK4 Full Restore, but it won't get past the Samsung logo.
It won't do the actual reboot to get started.
Regardless of what I try it refuses to go further.
Please give thoughts
Thanks
Dave

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io
Please give thoughts
Thanks
Dave

Yikes. What you missed, I believe, is that you had to uninstall/permanent-unroot SuperSU.

Hoping you have stock ROM, you can just flash stock ROM via Odin (download/flashing mode) and you won't even lose data. You NEED to have the correct file to flash tho. Search this Sprint N2 forum for Odin tar md5 files and you will also find a guide in there on how to flash.

Just to make sure, verify that your phone goes into download mode by battery pull> reinsert> hold down vol-down+home key> while holding those power on phone> your phone should be in download mode.

Hope this helps,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: wascapsfan

CharliexCharger

Mar 26, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Be sure you cleared the cache as well. In the past whenever I've done a full restore I've had to clear the cache before an initial reboot. Without doing so I was also stuck at the Samsung screen.

Sent from my T0LTE using XDA

wascapsfan

Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Be sure you cleared the cache as well. In the past whenever I've done a full restore I've had to clear the cache before an initial reboot. Without doing so I was also stuck at the Samsung screen.

I'm trying to make this work via odin. I used L900VPUBMK4_L900SPTBMK4.tar.md5 and it goes through the complete procedure successfully, but I'm still stuck at the SAMSUNG screen. I'm pretty certain that this is the correct tar file to unroot back to stock, but something still is not working.

wascapsfan

Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
The little android was standing up with a revolving blue thing in his belly and all was successful. It rebooted and now I have SAMSUNG in the middle of my screen. It refuses to boot to the next screen.
When I put it into download mode after that (because it's not doing anything) the android is on his back with a triangle coming out of his belly.
It says E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument) twice
# manual mode #
--Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : unknown
Successfully applied multi-CSC

Last edited:

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io
The little android was standing up with a revolving blue thing in his belly and all was successful. It rebooted and now I have SAMSUNG in the middle of my screen. It refuses to boot to the next screen.
When I put it into download mode after that (because it's not doing anything) the android is on his back with a triangle coming out of his belly.
# manual mode #
--Appling Multi-CSC...

Ooh that's not good, like not good like really bad. Check out these threads:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2480314

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658013

You may get lucky and get out of this, but you may need to resort to a JTAG.

Also make sure you're grabbing the files pertaining to your device, these guides are for other/multiple models.

All the best,

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using XDA Free mobile app

wascapsfan

Mar 28, 2011
GB
meettomy.site

samevo

Jun 1, 2011
Boise
I dunno for sure if this will fix your problem but yesterday I used billiards return to mc2 unrooted stock and after all was successful it started to boot but got stuck on the Samsung screen. So I manually booted into the stock recovery and did a factory data reset via stock recovery and then wiped cache. Rebooted and all was good. Manually booting into stock recovery requires phone to be off and you hold power home button and volume down just in case you don't know how to boot into recovery manually. Hope it helps good luck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please give thoughts
    Thanks
    Dave

Yikes. What you missed, I believe, is that you had to uninstall/permanent-unroot SuperSU.

Hoping you have stock ROM, you can just flash stock ROM via Odin (download/flashing mode) and you won't even lose data. You NEED to have the correct file to flash tho. Search this Sprint N2 forum for Odin tar md5 files and you will also find a guide in there on how to flash.

Just to make sure, verify that your phone goes into download mode by battery pull> reinsert> hold down vol-down+home key> while holding those power on phone> your phone should be in download mode.

Hope this helps,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

# manual mode #
    --Appling Multi-CSC...

Ooh that's not good, like not good like really bad. Check out these threads:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2480314

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658013

You may get lucky and get out of this, but you may need to resort to a JTAG.

Also make sure you're grabbing the files pertaining to your device, these guides are for other/multiple models.

All the best,

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using XDA Free mobile app