How to make gear fit clock app

Search This thread

devAsterisk

Aug 31, 2014
Hello, XDA users!

It introduces a very very small project that I wrote.

It is obtained by reconstructing clock app simply by reversing the Gear Fit Manager app provided essentially.
You are able to create your own clock by changing only resources(clock.zip) in asset folder.
It is a sample project of a kind.

https://code.google.com/p/clock-app-for-gear-fit/

I do not have enough design sense. Therefore, clock that is included in the sample is ugly :(
But, you will be able to create a lot of nice clocks.
if you share your own clock, and I & other gear fit users are really happy.

aragon257

Sep 16, 2013
This is just what I was looking for... except I dont know how to use it. Can you explain more?

valessio

Apr 19, 2011
Mondragone
Thx for sharing! Can you make a package of the "text-clock"?

f7f73b47f01487c89ff54538971cf5ea.jpg

sandhu4

Aug 21, 2014
Hello, XDA users!

It is obtained by reconstructing clock app simply by reversing the Gear Fit Manager app provided essentially.
You are able to create your own clock by changing only resources(clock.zip) in asset folder.

I do not have enough design sense. Therefore, clock that is included in the sample is ugly :(

hello Dev, relly help ful article, i made some clock from this sample code, all clocks are working, well, but one clock is giving error, "Failed to download the clock ", it does not upload on gear fit, do you have any idea why it is giving , this error, ??

Can the size of clock folder be the one reason for this error..??? because all other clocks are below 500 kb, first it was around 578 Kb, and i reduce some size , then 478Kb,... i have no idea why this error, hope you can help.. Thanks

-SAIUN-

Feb 28, 2010
Once I've replaced assets in the clock.zip folder, how do I install it? Do I rezip the "FlipClock" folder? Or make it into an APK somehow?

devAsterisk

Aug 31, 2014
This is just what I was looking for... except I dont know how to use it. Can you explain more?
Once I've replaced assets in the clock.zip folder, how do I install it? Do I rezip the "FlipClock" folder? Or make it into an APK somehow?
It s the source code of the sample project that made via google Android SDK.
If you don't know how to make android application, you must learn it first.

Thx for sharing! Can you make a package of the "text-clock"?
Sorry, I don't know, too :(

hello Dev, relly help ful article, i made some clock from this sample code, all clocks are working, well, but one clock is giving error, "Failed to download the clock ", it does not upload on gear fit, do you have any idea why it is giving , this error, ??

Can the size of clock folder be the one reason for this error..??? because all other clocks are below 500 kb, first it was around 578 Kb, and i reduce some size , then 478Kb,... i have no idea why this error, hope you can help.. Thanks
It's an Error.
This project(and Samsung gearfit manager) use the method of sending data in Intent.

But this is the limit of 500Kb. (defined on the Android kernel. more precisely, binder driver)
I do not know why Samsung is what made ​​this way :confused:

chetan_xda

Dec 30, 2014
how to run gear fit app

Hello,

I have on eclipse application made for gear fit, which should display hello.

But i am not sure how exactly will that application will work. As i checked online, and understood. Gear Fit has CUP browser over which app works. And our android device will have CUP server.

Will installing the apk generated on my android device will work ? Or any settings is required at the gear fit side also ?
:) Currently the apk when opens on my android device throws error " unfortunately the app is stopped".

Thanks,
Chetan

sherden

Apr 12, 2015
Settings action

Hello,
do you know how to activate the "settings" option for this watch style like the "Watch Styler" app does?

Thanks

Kpyto

Sep 11, 2007
Kyiv
www.kpyto.net.ru
Hello! I want to up this thread.

Anyone can provide sample code for watch apk with options:
- 12 or 24h option
- vertical or landscape option

Thats all we need. I sure we can find designers for create some great new clocks and I'm going to add it to the Google Play for free use for all Gear Fir users :)

So thanks a lot for future answers and help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, XDA users!