[Q] Internal SD Card missing after unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

Dinobe

Aug 27, 2014
After having some problems with my Xperia T (random reboots, reboot loops, crashes) on stock Android 4.3 I decided to give it a go and try to install Omnirom 4.4

I tried to follow this procedure to install Omnirom

1. I unlocked the bootloader using Sony's guide

2. Got root through towelroot

3. I installed TWRP, which seems to be recommend for the Xperia T, TWRP installed BusyBox Free (no idea what this does, but TWRP recommended installing this.

This is as far as I got. The problem I have is that I don't have access to the internal SDcard (my phone does not have a removable sdcard) when connected via USB to my computer.

The internal SD Card does not appear as 'mass storage' in my windows explorer, nor does the phone give me the option to access the internal sdcard as a storage device.

Therefore I cannot copy the Omnirom zip and the GAPPS to the internal sdcard.

I'm stuck here. I tried searching the web, but got no solution.

Anybody who give me a little help here?

Mad Marty

Jan 20, 2011
I think you can mount the SD-card from TWRP, then you can access it from your computer. Not a TWRP user myself, but that's how it works from CWM

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Free mobile app

Dinobe

Aug 27, 2014
Going into -> TWRP -> Settings -> Storage Info

I have 2 options:

- External storage location
- USB-OTG location

What is what? And where should they point to?

Currently they are set to:

- External storage location: /storaga/sdcard0/media
- USB-OTG location: /storage/sdcard0

I can see the contents of the 'sdcard' but have no idea what to mount where.....

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
Seems right.
USB OTG is when you plug in a usb stick to your phone. So pretty unimportant. :)

Why cant you download the Omni zip with your phone?

Dinobe

Aug 27, 2014
Seems right.
USB OTG is when you plug in a usb stick to your phone. So pretty unimportant. :)

Why cant you download the Omni zip with your phone?

Pluging the usb cable in the phone and pc doesn't seem to do anything. Windows Explorer doesn't show the internal memory card as a storage device, so I cannot transfer the Omni.zip

Pluging the usb cable in the phone also doesn't charge my phone ...

Even PC Companion doesn't find my phone. It keep searching and searching but doesn't find it.

Last edited:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Pluging the usb cable in the phone and pc doesn't seem to do anything. Windows Explorer doesn't show the internal memory card as a storage device, so I cannot transfer the Omni.zip

Pluging the usb cable in the phone also doesn't charge my phone ...

Even PC Companion doesn't find my phone. It keep searching and searching but doesn't find it.

If you have ADB drivers installed (from the Flashtools folder, for instance), you can access your entire phone through ADB while in recovery. Mounting USB storage to transfer files between TWRP and my PC has never worked for me; it has worked on CWM though, although I haven't used that method in ages since I prefer ADB.

Dinobe

Aug 27, 2014
If you have ADB drivers installed (from the Flashtools folder, for instance), you can access your entire phone through ADB while in recovery. Mounting USB storage to transfer files between TWRP and my PC has never worked for me; it has worked on CWM though, although I haven't used that method in ages since I prefer ADB.

Ok, I didn't manage to get ADB working on Win8, but got it running on Elementary OS
Let's investigate how to transfer files via ADB....

Dinobe

Aug 27, 2014
adb push computer/file/path device/file/path ;)

Ok, I managed to get the omni rom .zip and gapps.zip to the sdcard using the adb push command.

I tried to install this via TWRP and select the zip file. Unfortunately when selecting 'reboot to recovery' in TWRP nothing seems to happen. The phone reboots, Sony and Xperia logo appear and the phone just starts as normal....

I can't get the phone into recovery. I tried to push the volume up, volume down, holding the volume up/down, push repeatingly .... etc nothing seems to work...

Dinobe

Aug 27, 2014
Some more info

- I verified that I'm root
- I reinstalled TWRP
- I downloaded and installed the recovery image in TWRP (for the xperia t this is 'mint')
- I tried other recovery tools such as Clockworkmod, but my device is no supported
- I tried 'Quickboot tool' to get into recovery, doesn't make any difference....

What am I missing?

Dinobe

Aug 27, 2014
I forgot to thank everybody who helped me out on this.

I managed to get access to the sd card, push customs roms (CM10 an CM11) and flash my phone. Unfortunately nothing helped fixing my Xperia T reboot problem. I flashed it back to the original Sony rom and returned it to the shop, up to 3 weeks without phone....