EPST Unlock Code

Search This thread

fildrigar

Feb 10, 2008
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie, but a fairly tech-savvy newbie. I recently upgraded to a Mogul ( from a Treo 650 ) and after a bit of prevaricating, decided to upgrade the ROM. I've been researching all over this forum and PPCGeeks ( when they're up, at least ) and thought I had everything worked out about exactly what to do.

0 ) I wrote down the MSID, MDN, A-Key, and ran a program called GetSPC.
1 ) I unlocked the phone ( Olipro 2.40 )
2 ) I flashed the rom to DCD 2.2.6
briefly got stuck here, until I figured I needed to reset the phone to get back into the bootloader screen
3 ) I flashed the new radio.
4 ) After a bit of experimenting, I decided to try NeuROM, as it had more goodies on it. The .rar only had a single program, a .nbh file. ( unlike the DCD with the ROMupdateUtility.exe ) Further research led me to believe that I could move the .nbh file onto a Fat32 formatted microSD card and reset, and it would flash that rom. It seemed to work.

Now I have full access to everything, but the phone will not dial or anything. I typed in ##778# and tried to hit 'edit' and it pops up a screen demanding an unlock code, which I assumed was the six digit code I got from step 0, running GetSPC. That code doesn't work at all. Have I done something terribly wrong? Should I have not installed NeuROM with the microSD? I'm about to try to restore everything to factory settings and perhaps try again, but I'd really like to know where I went wrong. Any ideas? Thank you all for your great work here, and I appreciate any help you can provide.

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
when you ran GetSPC did you type in the ESN of your phone making sure to capitalize the letters? Try and run it again capitalizing the letters and make sure you type in the ESN exact.

maskedlion

Feb 4, 2008
Your issue could be that when you entered your hex code into GetSPC you did not capitalize, it will change the code.

fildrigar

Feb 10, 2008
Wow, thanks for the very prompt response. I do believe that I did not capitalize the Hexadecimal number. I will try that.

EDIT

Yep, that did the trick. Thank you so much for your quick replies. Sheesh, Monday night and I get three replies within three minutes of posting. Ok, memo to myself; Hex code must always be capitalized.

Last edited:

jenny_812

Mar 23, 2009
hey... quick qustion do you have the 6 digit code needed for the epst code for the htc touch 6900

vicbush

May 15, 2008
Maybe I'm thinking of something different, but it was my understanding that the EPST unlock code was 000000 for everyone (unless changed through QPST or something).

onioneater36

Oct 27, 2008
Depends on your carrier. Verizon and Cellcom (small carrier I am with) use 000000. Sprint uses a piece of software (GetSPL) that generates a random 6 digit MSL code based on your phone's ESN. That is why sprint users need GetSPL. I am not sure of other carriers. We should start a thread that looks like the following....

MSL Unlock Code
Verizon = 000000
Cellcom = 000000
Sprint = (Use GetSPL)
Alltel = ??????
AT&T = ??????

Feel free to fill in the blanks if you are with these (or other carriers)

catfishk

Nov 17, 2008
Portland, OR
i always use the registry setting/log file method to get the SPC codes, since GetSPC hasn't ever worked for me. do a search for it on this site; it's easy

mine is a Quest XV6800 and it was locked with a random six digit code

bspiders

May 31, 2009
programing my HTC Pro

I put in the ##778# and press edit now its asking me for a code...I got my phone flashed again to metro and that still didnt reset ...I tried calling sprint and asking them for the reprograming code... but they asking me for my acct.#.....Um dont have one with them......

any tips???
Thanks

broly2009

May 20, 2009
EPST Code for Samsung SCH-i760

Does anyone know how to get an EPST Code for a Samusung SCH-i760...I fully flashed it to cricket and cant get my internet or pic messaging working cuz I cant program the phone...Can anyone help me...:mad:

nowheretohide

Jun 21, 2009
KL
Hi guys,

I used the tools which is attached. I found it in another website. Probably someone share it before. (NET CF must be installed)

Anyway it works great, it gave an unlock code even my ESN was 0000000.

Good luck!

Attachments

• BAFMSL.cab
    90.1 KB · Views: 363