Need Help Flashing Rom

Search This thread

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
You nee to supply some info...
What version of Note 3 you have, N900 or N9005?
What version of Android you running, JB or KK?
What recovery are you using, stock, TWRP or CWM?

Once you supply these things you might get a bit more help...
And if yo don't understand these questions you need to do some SERIOUS reading before you brick your device...

Kamau54

Mar 30, 2011
From where the wind begins....
You nee to supply some info...
What version of Note 3 you have, N900 or N9005?
What version of Android you running, JB or KK?
What recovery are you using, stock, TWRP or CWM?

Once you supply these things you might get a bit more help...
And if yo don't understand these questions you need to do some SERIOUS reading before you brick your device...

I've been reading and watching videos for the past 3 weeks now. But coming from the S3 method of flashing has been nothing less than different.
The problems I am encountering is from different methods to flash different roms on the same phone. I see some that can be flashed using SS, but others need a pc. It is also confusing that the video of the rom I wish to flash is using one recovery, but reading about it, another recovery is preferred. There are also inconsistencies between videos and written instructions, mainly because of the age of some of them.
In any case, I am on stock JB with my AT&T N900A. I have SS recovery.

Sent from my Xoom using a Starfleet secured channel

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I've been reading and watching videos for the past 3 weeks now. But coming from the S3 method of flashing has been nothing less than different.
The problems I am encountering is from different methods to flash different roms on the same phone. I see some that can be flashed using SS, but others need a pc. It is also confusing that the video of the rom I wish to flash is using one recovery, but reading about it, another recovery is preferred. There are also inconsistencies between videos and written instructions, mainly because of the age of some of them.

As you have the AT&T Note 3, I'd go to that forum - http://xdaforums.com/note-3-att
Using advice for a different device might not brick your phone but then again it costs a large amount to replace if you're wrong... You should find answers there...
I don't want to be responsible for potentially bricking your phone by giving advice meant for another device...
Cheers mate...
Generally though, to flash a custom rom your put the rom onto your external sd card, go to recovery and "flasah zip". Find the rom file and sit back for a few minutes and wait. The only real difference is the gui of the recovery...
Also, as a precaution, make a backup of your rom....
Kitkat needs KK bootloaders installed which is why you generally upgrade with ODIN to KK 1st, at least thats what you do with the International N9005....

Reactions: Kamau54

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I need a little help with this.
    I'm looking to flash the X-Note rom, but it's a bit confusing.
    First of, is this the right file to use: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2472301

I've been reading up on this, but it is entitle different flashing these ROMs than worth the S3 I'm use to. Would there happen to be a video tutorial for it anyplace?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCFrKkjusD4
    a bit old but this is fine

As you have the AT&T Note 3, I'd go to that forum - http://xdaforums.com/note-3-att
    Using advice for a different device might not brick your phone but then again it costs a large amount to replace if you're wrong... You should find answers there...
    I don't want to be responsible for potentially bricking your phone by giving advice meant for another device...
    Cheers mate...
    Generally though, to flash a custom rom your put the rom onto your external sd card, go to recovery and "flasah zip". Find the rom file and sit back for a few minutes and wait. The only real difference is the gui of the recovery...
    Also, as a precaution, make a backup of your rom....
    Kitkat needs KK bootloaders installed which is why you generally upgrade with ODIN to KK 1st, at least thats what you do with the International N9005....