[Q] S-Off HBOOT 2.21?

Search This thread

biga1

Aug 18, 2010
NOOB TOWN
Honor 5X
Hi, I just unlocked and rooted my Boost One SV. I can't get S-Off and tried all methods - Revone, Moonshine, and Rumrunners. I did not try Facepalm because I read it does not work with jellybean. My device info is below

K2_CL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.21.0000
RADIO-1.12.50.0516
OpenDSP-V10.2.0268.0401
OS-
eMMC-boot 1024MB

I have ADB and Fastboot on Windows 7 PC. My phone is running latest OTA update Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Also I am running a modded TWRP with screenshot capability I found on another site. Any advice is always appreciated. TIA.

Flippy498

Retired Forum Moderator
May 21, 2014
OnePlus Pad
Is the model K2PLC_CL the same as K2_CL? If yes, just give facepalm a try. Last week I S-OFF-ed my sister's One SV with latest hboot using facepalm without any problem. Well the difference between her and you is that she owns a K2_UL. But as far as I experienced with my One S the "worst" thing that can happen if you follow the instructions and if your hboot is too high is that your are unable to push the modified mmcblk0p4 for receiving superCID.

M

Modding.MyMind

The cricket and boost variant is NOT the same. For future reference, do not get them confused.

Use rumrunner universal and insure your device is properly prepped before attempting to use it to S-Off or else you will fail at trying to gain S-Off successfully. This will result in a user error of the current device holder - that being the individual who owns the device and fails to follow instructions or skip steps by taking "shortcuts"...

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

biga1

Aug 18, 2010
NOOB TOWN
Honor 5X
The cricket and boost variant is NOT the same. For future reference, do not get them confused.

Use rumrunner universal and insure your device is properly prepped before attempting to use it to S-Off or else you will fail at trying to gain S-Off successfully. This will result in a user error of the current device holder - that being the individual who owns the device and fails to follow instructions or skip steps by taking "shortcuts"...

Dunzo!! Facepalm moment! Yes it was user error. This time I extracted the complete universal zip file into my C Drive folder. Before, I just extracted soju.exe and that caused rumrunner to hang up. Thanks again. Any advice on any custom roms to flash for my device. Is ViperSv Rom the only one for this device?

M

Modding.MyMind

Dunzo!! Facepalm moment! Yes it was user error. This time I extracted the complete universal zip file into my C Drive folder. Before, I just extracted soju.exe and that caused rumrunner to hang up. Thanks again. Any advice on any custom roms to flash for my device. Is ViperSv Rom the only one for this device?

It's for K2_UL and K2_U. Support for K2_PLC_CL is in the works by my understanding.

It's not for K2_CL.

bataya

Apr 12, 2010
Belgrade
Any advice on any custom roms to flash for my device. Is ViperSv Rom the only one for this device?

There is no real custom rom for this device (cm, pac, slim, etc). Viper and dream beats are stock with big/small modification. For best stability/performance you should debloat or even desense your stock rom, root it, and use xposed for desired mods. This combo work best for me.

Reactions: biga1

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
Rumrunner can be some kind of tricky, but i don't know at all, if it is still up and running (on any devices). It's along time ago, when i have heard last time from it.
Asfar as i know, Sunshine supports One SV. It needs a running Os and costs 25 USD. But it does a compatibility test beforepaying.

Reactions: varkanic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any advice on any custom roms to flash for my device. Is ViperSv Rom the only one for this device?

There is no real custom rom for this device (cm, pac, slim, etc). Viper and dream beats are stock with big/small modification. For best stability/performance you should debloat or even desense your stock rom, root it, and use xposed for desired mods. This combo work best for me.
    Rumrunner can be some kind of tricky, but i don't know at all, if it is still up and running (on any devices). It's along time ago, when i have heard last time from it.
    Asfar as i know, Sunshine supports One SV. It needs a running Os and costs 25 USD. But it does a compatibility test beforepaying.