Please help me unbrick my phone.

Search This thread

jrodefeld

Oct 18, 2011
Hello everyone,

I've looked through the forums and I haven't found a good way to unbrick my Verizon Galaxy S4. What happened I think was that I already had safestrap recovery installed and I tried to install a different recovery without first uninstalling safestrap. Anyway, the phone won't boot up normally now. It goes into download mode first. And now, it says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." Kies doesn't even recognize the phone so that is not an option.

I have tried to flash a stock image with Odin, but every single time I get a "fail". I've tried multiple version of Odin, including 3.09 but I haven't had success yet.

Could anyone help me get my phone working again?

Thanks.

critter112280

Nov 8, 2013
Hello everyone,

I've looked through the forums and I haven't found a good way to unbrick my Verizon Galaxy S4. What happened I think was that I already had safestrap recovery installed and I tried to install a different recovery without first uninstalling safestrap. Anyway, the phone won't boot up normally now. It goes into download mode first. And now, it says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." Kies doesn't even recognize the phone so that is not an option.

I have tried to flash a stock image with Odin, but every single time I get a "fail". I've tried multiple version of Odin, including 3.09 but I haven't had success yet.

Thanks.[/QUOT
There is an option in kise to re install the driver see if that helps

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

What build is your phone on and what Odin file did you try?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I'm not sure of the build, but I tried both files in this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209

I've tried others but I believe the ones above should work? I still get a "fail" every time I try to flash them. I've had this error before but I cannot remember how I got it to work.

Any chance you can post the screen of the Odin fail error or tell us where it's failing?

Side from that idk... Odin is seeing your phone so not the drivers. I'd say try the MK2 file and you could also try putting the PIT file from that thread in Odin along with the tar just to try it in the mean time.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Also... You think you had SS on your phone? But not sure?, there's a chance your phone is on NC5 Kit Kat and that's why MK2 won't work but really we need more details before going that route.