WOW.. LG reapir service is really bad!

Search This thread

hhhstonehhh

Nov 9, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2731991

i sent my lg g2, because of software issued,

and now i got back mine today and it said

"physical damaged"

"this product is damaged and not repairable. our inspection results are as follows:Board bent"

what...?? board bent?? physical damaged??

i called them and they said we cant help you because its physical damaged . hahaha

i never drop my phone and it worked perfectly until i made software mistake and they inspected board bent

wow im throwing this LG out, im glad i bought note 3

borad bent wow.. if they cant fixed it they should send out a refurnished model or something or replace board

board bent ..what a crap lol

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis

"physical damaged"

"this product is damaged and not repairable. our inspection results are as follows:Board bent"

i called them and they said we cant help you because its physical damaged . hahaha

i never drop my phone and it worked perfectly until i made software mistake and they inspected board bent

borad bent wow.. if they cant fixed it they should send out a refurnished model or something or replace board

I have good experiences with them, sorry to hear what happened, I'd probably feel the same way if that happened to me.

Try sending it to a regular repair shop, costs a little more. I'm guessing you have no LG authorised repair shops nearby?

Just as an example my cousin in India gave his Nokia N73 to a Nokia repair shop because it got white screen and no charge. Store claimed water damage and said cost would be high (wanted to replace motherboard). We went to another Nokia shop and he repaired it quickly saying it was just a software problem.

Last edited:

bykim5

Dec 26, 2011
Uh..is it really bent? Did they even look at it, ie open it up? U coul prob get good chunk of change for it

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
I wiped EFS on accident awhile back and sent my phone into LG repair hoping it wouldn't cost a lot. Turns out I have a bad "power board" and they fixed it and sent me my device back for free. It sucks that your situation was different. I wonder what really happened when they were at the warehouse/repair center.

Sent from my LG-LS980

hhhstonehhh

Nov 9, 2011
I wiped EFS on accident awhile back and sent my phone into LG repair hoping it wouldn't cost a lot. Turns out I have a bad "power board" and they fixed it and sent me my device back for free. It sucks that your situation was different. I wonder what really happened when they were at the warehouse/repair center.

Sent from my LG-LS980

yea i just sold my g2 on ebay for cheap price,

me too i wonder what really happened in the reparie center, who knows maybe they broke my device and tried to hide the mistake

RawCarnage

Oct 19, 2013
yea i agree they were probably trying to dodge you man. Iv never had a problem with lg customer support for other stuff i owned from them. it is weird they did this though.

baublitz

Jun 21, 2012

"physical damaged"

Same situation here... except that I do not have a spare smartphone. They said "board bent" wtf!?!?!? I never dropped it or dared to open it, how would you open a 1 piece phone? They lied, or else it was a defect. I wiped EFS by mistake so I can't even use it. :( What should I ask them to have it warrantied again?

squeeks716

Jan 8, 2013
Same situation here... except that I do not have a spare smartphone. They said "board bent" wtf!?!?!? I never dropped it or dared to open it, how would you open a 1 piece phone? They lied, or else it was a defect. I wiped EFS by mistake so I can't even use it. :( What should I ask them to have it warrantied again?

Board bent? Isn't that a FEATURE of the LG Flex? Geeze. I sent mine g2 in to repair the vibrate motor and got it back fixed no problem. Sorry that your experience was bad... :(

Jun 2, 2014
I would get a second opinion at a phone repair shop, some give free estimates. If cant be fix sell it for parts and get some money, just a thought. Seen ur other thread, did you TOT the device to see if that helps, i have TOT several times to fix my fkups lol