Audio skips when the screen locks

Search This thread

aniketkuber

May 14, 2013
I have found this issue on all kitkat roms.. The audio skips for a moment when screen is locked.. I know this is a minor issue but irritates me a lot since I listen to a lot of music.. I have seen that nobody talks about this bug.. Does anybody know the fix.. I am using PA rc2.. Great rom..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wlld1
G

GuestK00426

This is a known bug. Unfortunately,there's no fix as of now.If you increase min clock speed,there is no stuttering,but battery life takes a hit.

aniketkuber

May 14, 2013
Any idea what introduced it since this was not present in 4.3

aniketkuber

May 14, 2013
OK.. Request some known Person to throw some light on this issue..

wiiareonfire

Jun 12, 2012
Two things:

1. Make sure that the screen lock sound isn't enabled. On flashing a new rom, sometimes I'll forget to disable it and since I can't hear it or maybe it doesn't sound, especially when playing music, it'll almost definitely cause the stutter. Otherwise...

2. Like maschiosoosai said, turning up the clock speed will stop the problem altogether. If your kernel supports it, the "screen off max" frequency is the one you'd want to change first. I've found that around 700MHz (clock speeds vary by kernel) the problem goes from every time to about 50% of the time, and around 900MHz it's gone entirely. It's worth a shot, but you really have to be aware of processes keeping your phone awake and eating up your precious battery life if you choose this as a solution.

Honestly, I've found that my personal favorite solution is to not use my device when I'm listening to music. It keeps my battery going longer, and with my battery as used up as it is, it needs all the help it can get :p

aniketkuber

May 14, 2013
Right now I m using slim 5.9 with fancy kernel .. What I observed was when I use poweramp the audio does not skip but with Apollo it skips

PainFly23

May 6, 2014
Something to note is that this only seems to happen when listening through the headphone jack. Bluetooth and the phone's speaker don't seem to suffer from this issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have found this issue on all kitkat roms.. The audio skips for a moment when screen is locked.. I know this is a minor issue but irritates me a lot since I listen to a lot of music.. I have seen that nobody talks about this bug.. Does anybody know the fix.. I am using PA rc2.. Great rom..