[ROM][HLTE] SlimKat [9-12-2014]

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimROMs, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
cordell12, Tylog, Slimroms, shaggyskunk
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 7
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-12
Current Beta Version: 7.X
Beta Release Date: 2014-08-26

Created 2014-08-20
Last Updated 2014-09-19

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
This forum section seems to be the hoppin spot for our Note 3's. I still have a thread in the Sprint section, but since we are Unified this thread will be the only one I check. From time to time you may find a link in this post, link will be a test build that I am currently running on my own device. To report any bugs for these builds, please PM me the logcat/bug reports. Do Not post in the thread about these builds, Thank You.

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
There is 2 slim ROM. What the difference? Which is official?

This is the Official SlimKat - Which receives Weekly updates that are in downloads - under the Listing "unstable" - HOWEVER - The Weekly builds are DEFINITELY NOT unstable! The Weeklies are Awesome! With the latest updates ?

Will03's SlimKat is an Unofficial build with some other tweaks. ?

Both Roms are excellent - Try them both & decide which suits your needs - And be sure to Thank Cordell - He's the device Dev and Official device Maintainer.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Slim FAQ: http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/faq

Mr.Greg

Sep 19, 2010
Sirs, I tried to flash this rom and have a boot loop: Kernel is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit: Kernel. Waited more then 15 min and phone doesn't boot. It's driving me crazy. I have N9005, stock rom&kernel, rooted, custom recovery. I tried other AOSP roms and same s...t. I tried everything:wiping, formating, reflash rom, other kernel, no luck. I was looking on google&xda, but nothing help. Thank you for the rom and any solution much appreciated.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Sirs, I tried to flash this rom and have a boot loop: Kernel is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit: Kernel. Waited more then 15 min and phone doesn't boot. It's driving me crazy. I have N9005, stock rom&kernel, rooted, custom recovery. I tried other AOSP roms and same s...t. I tried everything:wiping, formating, reflash rom, other kernel, no luck. I was looking on google&xda, but nothing help. Thank you for the rom and any solution much appreciated.
The "Seandroid & Warranty bit" are normal messages for a Rooted device with a Custom Recovery.

Which recovery are you using?

Reactions: Mr.Greg

lambik333

Nov 22, 2011
vlissingen

kernel? http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/faq/slimbean/169-random-reboot-faq

Reactions: Mr.Greg

Mr.Greg

Sep 19, 2010
The "Seandroid & Warranty bit" are normal messages for a Rooted device with a Custom Recovery.

Which recovery are you using?
Sir, I know this message is normal and doesn't bother me at all, my problem is phone is not boot after flashing. I'm using CWM recovery by Chenglu 6.0.4.7.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457518

Quite possibly a stupid question, but does the S-Pen work with slim rom?
I'm guessing not due to proprietary software baked into TW, but doesn't hurt to ask as I haven't seen anyone else ask and googling is a dead end.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Quite possibly a stupid question, but does the S-Pen work with slim rom?
I'm guessing not due to proprietary software baked into TW, but doesn't hurt to ask as I haven't seen anyone else ask and googling is a dead end.

There's a few alternative apps that allow the Spen to work - Spen Helper - Note Buddy - Papyrus - Google Keep - Air Command etc.
No it's not exactly the same as Samsung TW - But it works.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Slim FAQ: http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/faq

Reactions: jayharper08

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimROMs, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    cordell12, Tylog, Slimroms, shaggyskunk
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-12
    Current Beta Version: 7.X
    Beta Release Date: 2014-08-26

Created 2014-08-20
    Last Updated 2014-09-19
    anyone brave enough?

ROM Slim 5.0 Alpha http://d-h.st/TyH
    gapps http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1251-addons/downloads

i have hltespr working pretty good, but havnt tested hlte as I started work on it only today.
    one more for good measure
    when downloading the weekly (HERE), sprint guys grab hltespr and GSM guys grab the same hlte as before ;)

vzw guys, your build failed but is fixed now, you can grab it HERE

The reasoning for the divorce of all hlte's is RIL related. Yes one size fits all builds (unified) were MUCH easier to handle, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

thanks for the support guys/girls! :good:
    This forum section seems to be the hoppin spot for our Note 3's. I still have a thread in the Sprint section, but since we are Unified this thread will be the only one I check. From time to time you may find a link in this post, link will be a test build that I am currently running on my own device. To report any bugs for these builds, please PM me the logcat/bug reports. Do Not post in the thread about these builds, Thank You.