[Q] Failed rooting of GT-I9195

Search This thread

helenst

Aug 25, 2014
I have been trying to root my Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195). I successfully installed clockworkmod recovery (v6.0.4.6) and that seems fine... but I currently have an expensive brick after attempting to root. I've tried GT-I9195_RootKit_v2.zip and S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (I don't know the difference between these, they are very different sizes).

Whichever of the two files I use, the rooting appears successful, warranty is now void... install from sdcard complete... etc... but upon reboot it shows the initial screen (phone name & model, with "set warranty bit: kernel"), then screen goes black, startup noise plays (sometimes it cuts out before finishing) and then nothing. I've tried various cache wipes, data wipes / factory resets but no luck.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have.

petrevirgil

Feb 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20
I have been trying to root my Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195). I successfully installed clockworkmod recovery (v6.0.4.6) and that seems fine... but I currently have an expensive brick after attempting to root. I've tried GT-I9195_RootKit_v2.zip and S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (I don't know the difference between these, they are very different sizes).

Whichever of the two files I use, the rooting appears successful, warranty is now void... install from sdcard complete... etc... but upon reboot it shows the initial screen (phone name & model, with "set warranty bit: kernel"), then screen goes black, startup noise plays (sometimes it cuts out before finishing) and then nothing. I've tried various cache wipes, data wipes / factory resets but no luck.

you can try this,it works like a charm:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980683

MarkAndroid.UK

Which instructions did you follow to root because it should have been these? The GT-I9195_RootKit_V2 zip is not mentioned and should not be used. It sounds like you have wiped your ROM thus it has nothing to run after initial boot, so try to flash any of the ROM's available - don't ask which one is best, if you read some signatures you can see what some folks are using.

Last edited:
Reactions: helenst

helenst

Aug 25, 2014
Which instructions did you follow to root because it should have been these? The GT-I9195_RootKit_V2 zip is not mentioned and should not be used. It sounds like you have wiped your ROM thus it has nothing to run after initial boot, so try to flash any of the ROM's available - don't ask which one is best, if you read some signatures you can see what some folks are using.

Thanks... easy now you've told me what's wrong! Was thinking I'd probably stick with the stock ROM but seeing as I've wiped that anyway, have stuck cyanogen on there and all good again.

I think I got the file from the instructions here... it was in one of the rar files. http://dottech.org/147716/how-root-samsung-galaxy-s4-mini-gt-i9190-gt-i9195-and-install-cwm-guide/ - would've saved a bunch of time if I'd found the right instructions in the first place. Oh well, it's nice to have a phone again :)

MarkAndroid.UK

Thanks... easy now you've told me what's wrong! Was thinking I'd probably stick with the stock ROM but seeing as I've wiped that anyway, have stuck cyanogen on there and all good again.

I think I got the file from the instructions here... it was in one of the rar files. http://dottech.org/147716/how-root-samsung-galaxy-s4-mini-gt-i9190-gt-i9195-and-install-cwm-guide/ - would've saved a bunch of time if I'd found the right instructions in the first place. Oh well, it's nice to have a phone again :)

Thats good:good:, CM should be slicker and easier on the battery than stock (autobright actually works properly for example). If you need to go back to stock you can always find it on the sammobile site

I've never come across that web site you linked to. Best to use xda in all things Android :D
:cool:

Last edited:

MDINOV

Jan 18, 2015
I've got the same problem

Exactly the same problem as helenst' one here. After reading for 3 hours, I am stuck and can not understand what is the solution.
Please, help me! This is my mother's phone and I have to fix it till the next morning.
Thanks!

PS: I thought that the problem was due to using the wrong file in ODIN 3.09, that is I clicked on AP, but browsed the recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar , which is .ZIP, instead of the the MD5 file.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.