[Q] Please help!!!! S-off Messed phone up!

Search This thread

Pulsewave

Jan 23, 2012
Here
trust me, it annoyed the heck out of me too, and i had nothing but trouble with stranded wire, try to score some solid core like a paperclip with some electrical tape on it, just remember, like it warned you in the instructions, do not touch the exposed ends and only tap it in 2 second intervals

and you'll know when you got it right when it goes:

Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Buddies and Beer
Checking alcohol level......
That should have done it.......
Let's take one more......

kered424

Jan 14, 2012
Has anyone tried to do use the S-OFF method after upgrading to t-mobile ICS?
I tried, but it failed, and I had to restore my phone using the PH85IMG.

joeyboomboom

Feb 5, 2011
I tried updating to the official ICS with S-ON but I wasn't getting anywhere. After multiple attempts with the wire trick I updated my hboot and now have S-OFF. I renamed the PH85IMG_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17DC_30.78.550L.15_release_257469_signed.zip to PH85IMG.zip placed it on my sdcard and it finally updated correctly. For everyone trying this for the first time:
1. Unlock your bootloader via HTCDev
2. Flash some sort of recovery
3. Root your phone and confirm it's rooted
4. Download ControlBearRelease_ruby_GB_WIN.zip (Install it in a directory with adb.exe, fastboot.exe etc..)
5. Run controlbear.exe as administrator (the wire trick took me quite a few attempts so don't be discouraged.. it does work)
6. Update your hboot to Juopunutbear's (it will ask you if you want to after you do the wire trick successfully)
7. Rename the rom to PH85IMG.zip and put it in the root level of your sdcard
8. Power off your phone. Battery pull works the best in case you have fastboot enabled
9. Restart your phone by holding the volume down buttong and the power button at the same time
10. Your phone should automatically start updating..

One thing I did note is that my bootloader is now locked again but my phone is still S-OFF. I'm currently updating and installing some apps. I'll post back any bugs I find.

Reactions: sonnet420

sonnet420

Feb 7, 2011
now i keep getting messages along these lines:

======== ControlBear version 0.2.1 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Old beer detected...... Please wait......
Starting up......
Waiting device
** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon
Connect device...
Press ENTER to exit.....

different messages but along the lines of connecting the device. and i know that it's connected. I can still push recoveries to it, but now this control bear don't work.. aahhhhhhhh lol maybe i should just send it to tmobile huh

and ones like this:

Starting up......
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error: protocol fault (no status)
Connect device...
Press ENTER to exit.....

Last edited:

sonnet420

Feb 7, 2011
is it possible to use someone elses backup_boot.img for my phone so i can atleast get my phone back. i've been at this for two days tried multiple different wires and every counting method possible. Hundreds of tries to no avail. It just doesn't want to work with me.

joeyboomboom

Feb 5, 2011
is it possible to use someone elses backup_boot.img for my phone so i can atleast get my phone back. i've been at this for two days tried multiple different wires and every counting method possible. Hundreds of tries to no avail. It just doesn't want to work with me.

Did you extract the contents of ControlBearRelease_ruby_GB_ to a folder with adb and the other sdk files are present?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

sonnet420

Feb 7, 2011
yes i did but i used the first version of the program and it didn't make backups just wrote over the current boot. When i used the updated program it made a backup but that was after the first one wrote over the boot so... lol i'm going to bang my head into the wall repeatedly lmao

joeyboomboom

Feb 5, 2011
yes i did but i used the first version of the program and it didn't make backups just wrote over the current boot. When i used the updated program it made a backup but that was after the first one wrote over the boot so... lol i'm going to bang my head into the wall repeatedly lmao

You can try flashing the stock kernel and boot.img NRGZ28 provided with his energy rom http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=886197&d=1328304279

Try pulling your battery, restart your phone into the bootloader then enter fastboot. Unzip the above file to the folder with adb, fastboot, etc then run the included flash.bat file

sonnet420

Feb 7, 2011
this is the best that ever happens lol :

Starting up......
Found backups!
Making room for beer......
Loading sixpacks on sdcard......
Loaded......
Do not remove sdcard from phone
Do wire-trick now!! Look instructions at web

Waiting device....
Found device... Please wait...
Getting into bar.....
Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
S-OFF Failed
Errorcode: 66732337
ErrorMsg: Still sober
Quit....
Press ENTER to exit.....

joeyboomboom

Feb 5, 2011
this is the best that ever happens lol :

Starting up......
Found backups!
Making room for beer......
Loading sixpacks on sdcard......
Loaded......

Waiting device....
Found device... Please wait...
Getting into bar.....
Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
S-OFF Failed
Errorcode: 66732337
ErrorMsg: Still sober
Quit....
Press ENTER to exit.....

It seems like you're just getting the timing wrong still

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

sonnet420

Feb 7, 2011
i used that kernel flasher to flash the stock boot and kernel and now i'm stuck at the white screen with green htc. I just flashed cwm recovery to the phone and will try doing a rom restore on it. After i flashed the kernel and boot img with the flash.bat program i was unable to go into any type of recovery.

sonnet420

Feb 7, 2011
is there a rom that i can flash that doesn't need s-off that might help? i restored a backup but it didn't do much.

sonnet420

Feb 7, 2011
i flash it with the new boot that works but won't flash the kernel and all it does is hang on htc lol i think i should just send it in. would they just flash it back or give me a rebuild???

Hanszoo

Jan 9, 2012
i flash it with the new boot that works but won't flash the kernel and all it does is hang on htc lol i think i should just send it in. would they just flash it back or give me a rebuild???

Quick way to just go back to stock and get it back up and running is just download one of the stock ruu's, rename to ph85img.zip, put it on your external sd card, and then start in boot. It should install the factory ruu and back up and running.

shadowofzeus

Dec 20, 2009
McAllen
Quick way to just go back to stock and get it back up and running is just download one of the stock ruu's, rename to ph85img.zip, put it on your external sd card, and then start in boot. It should install the factory ruu and back up and running.

My problem with this is my phone will not boot with "ANY" sdcard. Insert it after boot but hboot just freezes. What am I to do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it almost seem like you need to kill ADB.exe first, then update your SDK and try again.
    sounds like the wire trick wasnt performed right that time, just kill off the program and try again, took me like 20 tries to get it right, downside is that your stuck with the arrows until you get S-off, and dont worry, mine never said juonunput either
    It goes back to the boot logo then to the download screen. the program window should read "taking first beer, second, third, fourth, fifth, one more, that should have worked..." or something like that (don't remember what it says exactly)
    dont bother with the jb_hboot.zip or image, thats only if you miss the last step, if you mess up the wire trick (it gives you a couple attempts) it'll wait for a bit then it'll reboot the phone and give you a "still sober" error after looking like its working, it even does the "first beer...." sequence, if you get the trick right the phone should reboot and show the "waiting, found device" then go into the "first beer...." sequence

at the very end itll ask you if you want to flash the jb_hboot, hit yes!
    I tried updating to the official ICS with S-ON but I wasn't getting anywhere. After multiple attempts with the wire trick I updated my hboot and now have S-OFF. I renamed the PH85IMG_RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17DC_30.78.550L.15_release_257469_signed.zip to PH85IMG.zip placed it on my sdcard and it finally updated correctly. For everyone trying this for the first time:
    1. Unlock your bootloader via HTCDev
    2. Flash some sort of recovery
    3. Root your phone and confirm it's rooted
    4. Download ControlBearRelease_ruby_GB_WIN.zip (Install it in a directory with adb.exe, fastboot.exe etc..)
    5. Run controlbear.exe as administrator (the wire trick took me quite a few attempts so don't be discouraged.. it does work)
    6. Update your hboot to Juopunutbear's (it will ask you if you want to after you do the wire trick successfully)
    7. Rename the rom to PH85IMG.zip and put it in the root level of your sdcard
    8. Power off your phone. Battery pull works the best in case you have fastboot enabled
    9. Restart your phone by holding the volume down buttong and the power button at the same time
    10. Your phone should automatically start updating..

One thing I did note is that my bootloader is now locked again but my phone is still S-OFF. I'm currently updating and installing some apps. I'll post back any bugs I find.