WMPoweruser TG01 ROM Status [Updated:3/29]

Search This thread

WenWM

Retired XDA News Writer
May 20, 2009
Saint Paul
HI Guys,
I am sure you guys have been wondering where I went to with your money :D.
Well sorry, I do not visit the TG01 forum on a daily bases but if I remember it, I do.
Do not worry, I never left you guys, I made a promise to help, and I am.

Well here is what we have so far:

Follow me on twitter to stay updated. WMPerson

ROM Making Tool Complete Thanks Cedesmith
Donations Complete
Test Device Complete/Received Thanks for the donation
ROM In Progress, First ROM created Now fixing bugs.... And improving it

ROM

Required Done:
Bugs
Speed unlock
Better look
Leo ROM

ETA: I think within 2 weeks, but that's just me!

Last edited:

mr.mike

Mar 7, 2010
wen,do you think the japanese version developing ?
T01A Rom may be have a little bit difference from TG01 Rom ,so we need cedesmith release a tgtool version for japanese rom or need cedesmith release source code of tgtool and some one can modify it ,after that we can use it for japanese rom.
The japanese rom file has a tsd (toshiba docomo) extension not tsw(toshiba worldwide) extension. http://update.toshibamobile.com/upda..._SP50_wm65.exe

adzman808

Jan 4, 2010
to be fair toshiba have resolved some of our bugs with the new release....

if someone could make a debranded & unlocked std ROM in english I think 80% of people would be happy......

pipolas

Jan 9, 2008
But i'm sure some optimizations could be done!
Moreover, it would be so great to have sense ui and all htc's programs working on our phone!

We just have to wait now!

jeams

Sep 3, 2007
as many bugs had been fixed by toshiba, the main purpuse of an cooked rom is an newer build of windows mobile. wm6.5.3 or WM6.5.5.

Finding a way to use htc g-sensor softs on the tg01 would be great too.

Pere

Oct 25, 2006
Palau (Barcelona) Spain
What do we expect from a cooked ROM?

as many bugs had been fixed by toshiba, the main purpuse of an cooked rom is an newer build of windows mobile. wm6.5.3 or WM6.5.5.

Finding a way to use htc g-sensor softs on the tg01 would be great too.

I start:

I agree with the htc g-sensor emulation plus:

- Null (or leave as a option) the silly limitations on USB and Wifi, when battery is under 20%

- Null (or leave as an option) the screen off when calling

- Add essential camera features as White balance

What do you think?

Hamido123

Jul 6, 2008
the best thing would be if there are two kind of rom....
one fully equiped and one clean rom....
the fully equiped rom should have sense and other htc apps and some little tweaks like 1ghz or hd2 driver patch...also we have to focus the ram usage and the free memory....i think that are the major things..

the clear version have to be very very fast and with a lot of free ram!!!
also i think we could remove all unusefull toshiba stuff like wifi-app or the stripes menu....no one uses these apps!!!

Last edited:

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
HI Guys,
I am sure you guys have been wondering where I went to with your money :D.
Well sorry, I do not visit the TG01 forum on a daily bases but if I remember it, I do.
Do not worry, I never left you guys, I made a promise to help, and I am.
Well here is what we have so far:

ROM Making Tool Complete Thanks Cedesmith
Donations Complete
Test Device Paid & Complete
ROM In Progress, Awaiting Device

ROM

Required Done:
Bugs
Speed unlock
Better look
Leo ROM

ETA: Uknown

Test device, Paid and complete, so um, you have a device, why no rom yet? Unless you don't have a device, in which case, you have been paid and do not have a device, no?

adzman808

Jan 4, 2010
===========================
POSTED IN 2 THREADS COS I'M NOT SURE THE FIRST ONE WAS THE CORRECT ONE!

it would be amazing if we could have a clean, brand free ROM from which to build our personal apps & settings.

i can see the benefits of many different things people are asking, but we all want so much & we all want different things

so if at all possible it would surely be best all round if the first ROM to be produced was pretty much the same as the latest toshiba release, but with zero branding & pre-installed apps & as much RAM & capacity left free as possible

please don't think i want to dampen the enthusiasm of those of you skilled & knowledgable enough to make these ROMs a reality, nor am i trying to be scornful to those of you who have made specific requests for widgets, features & applications

the ROM idea pretty much started out of the call quality issue, that was kinda our hook 'which cook was gordon ramsey (man) enough to fix the flawed genius of the TG'

well sorry but that cook works for Toshiba - the sound is fixed

so now rather than a problem we want fixed, we want a blank canvass of a ROM to make our own

basic noob's like me want a stripped out device with no clutter

you gamers want rotation & motion senors

you htc-afficcionados want your fav htc features

but we can't all have everything unless we all get the same template of a ROM to begin our own journeys into customization

also... well... i guess the cooks are used to it.... but it can't be a big motivation to hurry up having dozens of people all asking for different things...

cheers

a_petrov303

Feb 15, 2010
Chisinau
Microsoft Surface Duo

it would be amazing if we could have a clean, brand free ROM from which to build our personal apps & settings.

i can see the benefits of many different things people are asking, but we all want so much & we all want different things

so if at all possible it would surely be best all round if the first ROM to be produced was pretty much the same as the latest toshiba release, but with zero branding & pre-installed apps & as much RAM & capacity left free as possible

please don't think i want to dampen the enthusiasm of those of you skilled & knowledgable enough to make these ROMs a reality, nor am i trying to be scornful to those of you who have made specific requests for widgets, features & applications

the ROM idea pretty much started out of the call quality issue, that was kinda our hook 'which cook was gordon ramsey (man) enough to fix the flawed genius of the TG'

so now rather than a problem we want fixed, we want a blank canvass of a ROM to make our own

but we can't all have everything unless we all get the same template of a ROM to begin our own journeys into customization

also... well... i guess the cooks are used to it.... but it can't be a big motivation to hurry up having dozens of people all asking for different things...

cheers

+1000 well said, totally agree!

kevinpwhite

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2006

cheers

Adam, Cooks,

Perfectly said. Absolutely in agreement.

I also think would fit well with the fundamental tenet of software development - baby steps - test every step and validate with the client before moving on. Is only a modern variation of the carpenters' dit about 'measure twice and cut once' from the dawn of time, but all the more true for that.

A start point 'vanilla' stripped down ROM, preferably with some step by step instructins for the uninitiated among us to learn and build from would be the perfect start point.

Really hope that the clear experts here can help with that ?

Pere

Oct 25, 2006
Palau (Barcelona) Spain
Adam, Cooks,

Perfectly said. Absolutely in agreement.

I also think would fit well with the fundamental tenet of software development - baby steps - test every step and validate with the client before moving on. Is only a modern variation of the carpenters' dit about 'measure twice and cut once' from the dawn of time, but all the more true for that.

A start point 'vanilla' stripped down ROM, preferably with some step by step instructins for the uninitiated among us to learn and build from would be the perfect start point.

Really hope that the clear experts here can help with that ?

I agree as well. Only add that we need as a start point a Clean ROM but not only without the typical brand trash, also the stupid Toshiba limitations (20% battery and so on).

Come on!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    good luck on that

if i can request , please dont delete the arcsoft photobase from the rom as its the best picture program ive used , and file associations also work well with it

and i cant find it anywhere else seperately