Case-Mate Popcap Case, Awesome!

Search This thread
Casemate In White

I also got the casemat for my white skyrocket in white. It is awesome and the rubber inside of helps protect it well. I also got one of those thin moshi white magnetic screen protectors as well. It makes the screen appear in matte. It also makes glare in sunlight a nonissue. http://www.amazon.com/Case-Shell-Samsung-Galaxy-Skyrocket/dp/B006ACT1HA Here is the link for the moshi black screen protector: http://www.amazon.com/Moshi-Protect...nti-Fingerprint/dp/B006ACHERE/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Just want everyone to know, I received the Case-Mate Popcap case in white yesterday for my Skyrocket and I gotta admit, it is one of the best quality cases I ever used, better than all the Seido ones I previously had on my iPhones. I was real surprised on how nice it looked and its high-quality feel since I ordered it from ATT’s website and it didn’t provide much detail, so I was pleasantly surprised by it. Just to let everyone know, it has rubber coatings that cover the volume and power buttons, so it makes pressing them easy, and it also has rubber grips on the side to make your Skyrocket easy and comfortable to hold. I got the white back with gray rubber sides and it looks real nice, I think they got other colors, but the white one gives it a nice look.

Overall, just an awesome case. I searched online online and was able to get a coupon code for 25% off on ATT accessories.

Last edited:

enigma00

Dec 26, 2009
San Diego
If I'm going with a barely there case, is it even worth having one besides the pure aesthetic value of the thing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

These slim cases are basically only good for scratch and minor drop protection.

I had a Barely There case with my Samsung Focus, and when I dropped it from 2ft onto a hardwood floor, the case broke in half but the phone survived without a scratch. It was an expensive drop since it rendered the case unusable, but it did its job.

LazyMike

Jan 4, 2012
Just a word of warning reiterating what enigma00 said! I got the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G LTE Case-mate Brushed Aluminum Silver Barely There case, it last about a month before it started splintering. The pieces would break off when i pout it in my pocket and they sometimes started scratching my phone including the screen. True I dropped it one or two times, but if that is all it takes to wreck the case... Bottom line I would avoid this case.

I am now using the Otter Box Commuter Rugged Case, it has a rubber inside with a hard plastic outer skeleton. Seems to be good so far, although my phone sometimes over heats in my pocket...

Last edited:

elguapo84

Jun 9, 2008
Anyone disappointed w/ their white Ringke case? I'd buy it from you. They aren't making the case in white anymore, and I'd hate to put a black case on my white skyrocket.

Really want something low profile, which is why I was favoring the ringke. Any alternative recommendations for ultra thin skyrocket cases that aren't black?

Thanks!

jackbandit73

Mar 1, 2005
Got the case mate pop for 14 at att store. There on clearance! Get it while they still going for 14!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
gah. got mine for $30. att rep convinced me because she saw my old htc screen was cracked.

have to admit the casemate is a sturdy case. definitely feel it will protect it from drops. however, adds a little too much bulk for my taste. keeping it for now but really want to try the diztronic tpu case

sgs2_1.6

Nov 24, 2011
Try the S case tpu case on amazon one of the best. It also has side grip and fitting is good, and add no bulk at all.

tomtommy306

Jun 23, 2009
Round Rock TEXAS
The POP case looks fantastic, but the materials are bad.... AT&T is even getting rid of their stock of them..... Works good for a few days, then shows major signs of wear. Mine lasted a week and a half, then the rubber was all shredded. I can't endorse this case for anything over $10... Even that is a little high. :eek:

Wickidmasshole

Account currently disabled
Apr 4, 2012
Boston Mass
$8.99 for this case, ebay

my buddy ordered this case of ebay for $9, the description says its seller refurbished, but when he got it he said it legit looked brand new. i mean even if it has a few scratches, which you're going to get anyways, i think its worth saving $15+ bucks. And no, i am not affiliated with the seller, just letting my skyrocket homies in on a great deal!

ps- i have this case and its the balls.:D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Mate-G...ccessories&hash=item20c47b19af#ht_2131wt_1010

Last edited:

creedicd

Nov 26, 2011
I have the same case. Bought it with the phone. It's a great case, slim, light and works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

lesd777

Sep 17, 2011
I wont buy another. If you remove the case a time or two, the rubber weakens and doesn't fit snug around the phone. this case didn't last long.

Wickidmasshole

Account currently disabled
Apr 4, 2012
Boston Mass
I wont buy another. If you remove the case a time or two, the rubber weakens and doesn't fit snug around the phone. this case didn't last long.

the only place mine has gotten loose is where the volume up and down are and where the power button is because i press those all the time. when it becomes REALLY bad i will use the year warranty and get a new one for free. if you bought yours new, you should have a year warranty too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I saw a lot of requests for pictures, and I'm not sure if the OP has seen them yet, but I'm gonna go ahead and attach them here so people can see what it looks like :)

Ok, Guess Imageshack is doing it wrong...stand by

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

got any pics you could snag of the case alone , inside and out, and then with it on the phone. AT&T is the only spot where you can get these bad boys and they have a pretty teribble 1 picture example so its hard to tell what your getting into.

Thanks

JD