Got a new replacement G1

Search This thread

robbie725

Jul 14, 2008
Fairless Hills, Pa
Got a quick question for everyone, although I may already know the answer myself but it does not hurt to just ask to make sure.

My daughter come home from college this past weekend and on Friday night was attending (a non-alcohol I am sure) party, anyway several of her friends decided that it would be cool to throw her in the pool. Well they did, and looking at the many pictures I got to see I can see her holding her G1 in her hand and the look of "don't" in her face as they let her go into the water and she let go of the phone and it sank to the bottom amid all the confusion and the the several hundred kids in the pool she could not locate it at the bottom since it was white for about 10 minutes. Long story short I have insurance on it and just got the new replacement today!:)

This is my question I naturally want to get it rooted again and I know how to do that, but can I root the phone without a sim card? Since she took her sim card out of the wet G1 and put it in her hacked Iphone(dare i say that word) to use until I got the new G1. I want to root it, get it back to Cyan's ROM then send it to her at college so she can just put the sim card back into the new one. Is that possible by using the "skip this part" after flashing a new ROM when it asks to sign into your Google account?

thanks in advance...

Peace!

TurboTsi

Dec 3, 2007
Chicago
Yes i believe you can do it without a sim card. I think Stericson found a way to do it, so you might want to search and try to find it. Or why don't you put in your sim card and root it?Unless of course you don't have t-mobile.

You can skip that part if its an adp version. But I can't remember if cynogen's rom has that option.

Last edited:

robbie725

Jul 14, 2008
Fairless Hills, Pa
Yes i believe you can do it without a sim card. I think Stericson found a way to do it, so you might want to search and try to find it. Or why don't you put in your sim card and root it?Unless of course you don't have t-mobile.

You can skip that part if its an adp version. But I can't remember if cynogen's rom has that option.

Turbo Tsi... thanks, I have T-Mobile as well... I thought I had read somewhere in these forums that the phones were sim card specific? Meaning that once it is registered to that phone with the sim inserted then that sim follows that phone? If that is not the case I will be doing the rooting tonight... And yes Cynogen's rom has that option... guess I should just try it...!

peace

JoshHart

Mar 15, 2006
California
www.twitter.com
I'm 99% sure it will work fine if you put your sim card in to do it, but you should also be able to do it fine without the connection, just flash flash flash, then send it to her and she can put hers in and do the initial set up.