[GUIDE] avoid scratches behind the display

Search This thread

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
A few pictures showing what I did to avoid the scratches that appear behind the display because of the slider mechanism.

I´ve used a couple of pieces of black vinil cut to 10x27 mm. Any other kind of adhesive tape will work, but it needs to be a smooth surface and resistant.
Cut them with a paper cutter so you get good angles and edges.

Clean the back of the display before sticking them and use tweezers to avoid your fingers grease in the adhesive.

Start attaching the stickers from the edge of the display, just next to the depression and align the stickers to the lines printed on the back of the display.

Avoid bubbles by pushing the sticker slowly toward the camera and volume buttons.

These two stickers will also help keeping the display in the open or close position. When they get too scratched or something, you can exchange them.

HTH

Attachments

• HPIM1957.jpg
    HPIM1957.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,399
  • HPIM1959.jpg
    HPIM1959.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,278
Last edited:

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
Nice little guide, thanks for this, it will really help a lot of people!
Will be featured on the XDA-portal soon.

Sayuuk

Apr 6, 2006
Nice Idea!

On my German Milestone however, there was already a huge layer of "tape" with a few cutouts - I think I'll post a few pics later - installed from stock, so... at least for me this wouldn't have any use...

Stefan

edit:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
That film came on Telus/Canadian Milestones too. But a lot of people (like myself) removed it thinking it was just there for shipping.

cbasti1

Jan 5, 2008
I got the same film on french Milestone.

But I removed it after over 6 months: Nasty bubbles came after 5 months of use... just where I put my 2 fingers when keyboard is open.

-AdamZ-

Feb 3, 2010
Hmm... I have the same large piece of tape/vinyl already on my U.S. Motorola Droid (the one bought mid to late November and the second one replaced in early January) and my mother has the same... (bought in December after Christmas). It makes the slide action very smooth - granted I hardly ever use it.

AdamZ