Unlocking Samsung Ace GT-S5839i

Search This thread

locau

Apr 24, 2006
If your looking for a way to unlock your Samsung Ace GT-S5839i this is for you!

This is very simple and all thanks goes to the developer ( Doky73 )

It's called galaxy toolbox and works excelent on my Samsung Ace GT-S5839i locked to Vodafone with android 2.3.6 and also a few other devices (GT-S5360 / GT-S5570 / GT-S5580 / etc)

Phone needs to be rooted and you just need to install galaxy toolbox apk

view here original apk thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1647703

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: rmms and Vampirøs

locau

Apr 24, 2006
At the moment it's the safest way but do it at your own risk !
Did on my rooted 5839i and worked just fine.

albergines

May 31, 2012
Warning

there is a warning message when using galaxy toolbox .your device (gt-S5839i) is not supported. Are you sure ...

guenshu

Jun 20, 2012
Hi,

I've the same problem with my galaxy ace s5839i android 2.3.6, kernel 2.6.35.7 ...

"there is a warning message when using galaxy toolbox .your device (gt-S5839i) is not supported"

What's the reason ?

Excuse my poor english, i'm french !

Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added 21st June 2012 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th June 2012 at 11:54 PM ----------

you will be able to use your phone all over the world on any network....

bonjour,

je suis de la région...

Je possède un galaxy ace s5839i sous android 2.3.6, j'ai réussi à le rooter. J'ai mis à jour le super user et installé l'appli galaxy toolbox, mais quand je lance cette dernière j'ai un message me disant qu'il n'est pas compatible, alors que le portable est bien listé ?!!

Avez-vous déjà rencontré ce soucis?

Merci de pouvoir m'apporter votre aide.

rmms

Aug 11, 2007
Yep, the message appear but if you accept the risk and go trough, it works, at least for me it has..., just tried in a 2.3.6, from Vodafone and 5 stars! all done :)

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

By the way for anyone who need to root it (you need ... if unlock is your objective) just download and put this file in the root of the sd card " root.zip " then enter in recovery mode (home + volume up + power) then select "update from card" and pick the "root.zip" file that you have placed in the sd card. Reboot, and all done :)

(ps: the superuser you must download from the market, is not installed with this "root.zip")

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts