[ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly

Search This thread

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
So does anyone know if the modded CM camera is part of their GAPPS and if it is will it work with other Roms or, is it something built into the Rom?

mrbigdrawsz

Feb 16, 2008
Canton, Michigan
Clean flashed and installed gapps, but all Google apps are constantly crashing.

Anybody else have this happen and have you been able to fix it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A

AMarsden

Hey I understand these are nightly builds and they will have problems but I was just curious if anyone else is having gallery syncing or music from the SD problems. I can play music from a 3rd party music player but Google music doesn't see it and my photos are not showing up in the gallery. Just wondering if its a known issue. Other than that first build is smooth as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Xfanatic

Jul 25, 2012
Hey I understand these are nightly builds and they will have problems but I was just curious if anyone else is having gallery syncing or music from the SD problems. I can play music from a 3rd party music player but Google music doesn't see it and my photos are not showing up in the gallery. Just wondering if its a known issue. Other than that first build is smooth as hell.

It has to do with ROM Manager. Either delete the app, clear Media data, and reboot or search out and delete the .nomedia files. There are quite a few threads about this issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

RTNDO128

Jul 10, 2011
If you're having issues with long boot times, install the JB bootloader. I used to get stuck at the Google screen for 3+ minutes prior to flashing it, now its 30 seconds max.

xenokira

Jun 24, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not consistently getting long boot times, but I have had a couple sleep of deaths followed by long boot times. I've also had a few random reboots, but those haven't taken long to boot back up afterward...normal boot up times for those.

lowtech80

Mar 4, 2009
Dallas
Yeah... seriously, you are so right.

I asked the dude to come over to my place and install it for me in a PM and he said "sorry, no"

What an a hole, a real ****, I mean he has done this much work... why not just go a step further right?

Damn, I even told him I would buy a sixer of coors lite.... WTF???

Lol.. people don't realize that he was just being honest. If you can't figure out where to find gapps by now, you're too much of a noob and should do more reading before messing with roms.

Xfanatic

Jul 25, 2012
Lol.. people don't realize that he was just being honest. If you can't figure out where to find gapps by now, you're too much of a noob and should do more reading before messing with roms.

With that rationale, people shouldn't need a link to the ROM either.
The comment in the OP was wholly unnecessary and it would have taken as much time to post a link as it did to make the snarky comment.
All posts meant to point people to a ROM should include a gapps link its how it works on all the forums I use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
Hey, we don't need the ROM link or the ROM. If you can't write your own ROM then you shouldn't be on these forums. /sarcasm. But seriously, thanks for the links.

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
Is there any way to disable touch vibration on the lockscreen? Just wondering.

43a33aad-5a94-9e1d.jpg

bikeboy

Jul 19, 2009
Overland Park Kansas, USA
Clean

Congrats to your team for writing a fast, clean and useful ROM that follows the clean JB style guide--not gaudy like so many other custom ROM's I've tried.
I am concerned about background notifications in Whats App, Twitter, and games like Words with Friends. Is there anything baked into this nightly that would prohibit or kill apps running in the background from delivering notifications? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Running [ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 10 - Current Stage Nightly, installed 8/18/12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11

Code:
     [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.[/COLOR]

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/toro/next

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First time flashing CM 11 to your Galaxy Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Do a Nandroid backup!
    2. FULL WIPE (Data, cache, and dalvik cache)
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM 11

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    3. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?

- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred

NIGHTLY BUILDS

Are HIGHLY experimental. Do not post issues to the issue tracker. Chances are the CM team already knows about the issue and are working to fix it. Be patient flash the next nightly. Complaning about battery life or any number of issues will not change a thing as to that these are EXPERIMENTAL builds!!!

M-Series

Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the code base for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.

We aren't exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.

RELEASE CANDIDATE

Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:

* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
    * Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code
    * Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
    * Bugs w/ Google apps
    * Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)

DOWNLOADS:

CM 11.0 Nightly

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=toro

GAPPS:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    I spoke with our maintainer late yesterday and he's looking into it. These are nightlies, you have to expect things not to work at times. We're fortunate that our maintainer is more responsive than some others I've seen in the past.

Just a quick update. It's definitely an issue with telephony and it looks like its related to this commit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/48680/

I also noticed d2vzw is experiencing data switching issues which have been reported on toro as well. They're asking for a revert of the above commit here: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/48873/

I passed all this along to our maintainer. He's going to confirm that this fixes all the issues and then push a revert or fix, whichever is most appropriate.

GAPPS:

If you can't find these yourself you may want to reconsider flashing anything at all to your phone.

wow, that's pretty dickish. Considering the plethora of different JB gapps packages floating around, many of which have serious issues (ie, calendar sync), wouldn't it just be easier to link to a known working copy than to be snarky about it?
    See, this is why the CM dev team can sometimes suck. Do we ants on a hill here in toroland have any idea that the CM devs even know we have an issue, and we've even helped them by figuring out what it is, and it hasn't been fixed in the week since they broke it? :mad:

I spoke with our maintainer late yesterday and he's looking into it. These are nightlies, you have to expect things not to work at times. We're fortunate that our maintainer is more responsive than some others I've seen in the past.
    Don't kill me, just asking-

What's the fuss on MMS? I think I have sent 3 in 3 years. Everyone has a smartphone nowadays so emailing a photo works just as well, without carrier fees.

Can't get nudes if we can't dl the message, duh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4