Atrix HD bricked, RSD Lite recognizes the phone as Qinara, IMEI, Bootloader N / A

Search This thread

grga1

Mar 26, 2013
Ok, the phone - ATT Atrix HD - is bricked and turns on to a blank screen only. It seems to go to fastboot mode but RDS Lite 6.14 does not recognize the phone properly. The phone is recognized as Qinara S (not MB866) and the IMEI, bootloader, etc come as N / A like this:

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Bootloader Version: N/A

It is possible to flash MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip following the instructions and everything seems to go fine but after the phone reboots everything stays the same as described above.

The phone goes to fastboot only by using power + volume down

I do not know how it got into that state - bought it like this, hoping to fix it :)

Any ideas?

Last edited:

SirHoover2010

Sep 12, 2011
Vincennes
Ok, the phone - ATT Atrix HD - is bricked and turns on to a blank screen only. It seems to go to fastboot mode but RDS Lite 6.14 does not recognize the phone properly. The phone is recognized as Qinara S (not MB866) and the IMEI, bootloader, etc come as N / A like this:

It is possible to flash MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip following the instructions and everything seems to go fine but after the phone reboots everything stays the same as described above.

I do not know how it got into that state - bought it like this, hoping to fix it :)

Any ideas?

Well if you got an awesome deal on it you can have it jtagged for 50

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: grga1

grga1

Mar 26, 2013
Not that awesome as I noticed a small crack on the screen (maybe the screen does not work at all). Well, I knew what I was getting in. Still, good to know that jtag is an option, thanks.

Btw, probably the way it shows in RSD Lite is not a problem. The driver seems to be the correct one and it responds to fastboot commands properly. I also attached a working Atrix HD, and it also shows the same way. The bootlooping is the concern. When connected to computer without enabling fastboot mode it first shows as Motorola USB Networking driver in device manager, then in Human interface devices then the same repeats. I am using factory-like cable. Out of curiosity, has anybody experienced this?

Last edited:

Taffy1881

Jun 11, 2012
santiago de los caballeros

Any ideas?

Did you check this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2057078
do not forget to eraser step operation=”getvar” var=”max-download-size

here you find the SBF file.... do not forget the FW
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/dinara/list.php

grga1

Mar 26, 2013
Yes, I did that with MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip. After deleting the lines from the xml it went without errors but didn't change anything. Btw, what do you mean by "do not forget the FW"?

The driver for fastboot is Mot Single ADB Interface ver 1.2.14.0. Is that what it should be?

Taffy1881

Jun 11, 2012
santiago de los caballeros
Yes, I did that with MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip. After deleting the lines from the xml it went without errors but didn't change anything. Btw, what do you mean by "do not forget the FW"?

The driver for fastboot is Mot Single ADB Interface ver 1.2.14.0. Is that what it should be?

Yes.
the firmware(FFW)....I test today and I use the firmware 20 .....

Reactions: grga1

grga1

Mar 26, 2013
Ok, thanks, so I guess as SirHoover says probably the only option is jtag.

Does anybody know if the bootloader gets flashed with RSD Lite / fastboot? Is it possible to flash it at all on these devices? I think it is possible on the google phones.

Last edited:

grga1

Mar 26, 2013
Just to close the topic. I opened the phone and there seems to be a physical damage to the phone - the main board is slightly bent, so I guess that is the reason for the strange behavior. At least I can stop digging into that :).

Thanks to all that tried to help.

adj5064

Dec 2, 2012
Hello guys! Need some help please..do anybody have a genuine firmware back up for ahd jelly bean? I'm using one flashable thru rsd,but its given me problems,many bugs.I'm not even rooted.I'm thinking a genuine 4.1 file system would do fine..any ideas?

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

SirHoover2010

Sep 12, 2011
Vincennes
Just to close the topic. I opened the phone and there seems to be a physical damage to the phone - the main board is slightly bent, so I guess that is the reason for the strange behavior. At least I can stop digging into that :).

Thanks to all that tried to help.

I feel your pain I bought a gnex and opened t up yesterday to find it had water damage and damage to the board. This explains why stuff is going wrong.

bredzy

May 1, 2009
I have the same problem. RSD does not see the phone and it shows up in device manager as Fastboot Qinara S but with a yellow exclamation mark, How do I make RSD Lite connect with the phone. Am i missing a driver somewhere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas?

Well if you got an awesome deal on it you can have it jtagged for 50

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes.
    the firmware(FFW)....I test today and I use the firmware 20 .....