ADB device not found

Search This thread

zac.wright

Feb 10, 2014
Sorry if this issue has been addressed in another thread but I could not find anything. I am trying to root my nexus 7 v2 with the wugfresh 1.8 toolkit. But when I try and do the driver test it says not found. I have tried the steps suggested with the toolkit to try and resolve but no luck. I know my PC recognizes my device, the only thing I can think of now is that I don't have the OEM cable because I purchased my nexus from a friend. Any help would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1393133209694.jpg
    1393133209694.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 379

zac.wright

Feb 10, 2014
Sorry about wrong forum, and I know I don't need the tool kit. But just the problem of it not being able to detect makes me nervous of attempting other methods of rooting

Gizmoe

Sorry about wrong forum, and I know I don't need the tool kit. But just the problem of it not being able to detect makes me nervous of attempting other methods of rooting

Rooting is really just a file you install from recovery. All you need pc for is to use fastboot to unlock ans then flash recovery. Either it will see the device or it won't. If using Windows 8 though I would try a different os as Windows 8 is a royal pain. Good luck to ya.