[Q] [mbk72_wet_jb3][MT6572][Solved] Customize Stock ROM with kitchen problem

Search This thread

SuperAnt

May 31, 2009
Santiago
Solution
Turns out that the CWM Recovery Backup was very helpful for the kitchen and it worked, now I can make a custom ROM for MT6572 mbk72_wet_jb3 Devices, I will soon post a tutorial of how I did all of it, as soon as I finish a Custom ROM.

I hope this can make someone happy soon. :victory:

History:
Hi everyone, I have some questions about the creation of an update.zip with a customized SYSTEM from the stock ROM of my device.

My problem is that everything work as it should be, I can do an update.zip to flash only boot.img and it works and an update.zip to delete packages or add packages and it also works.

But when I want to format my system partition to write all the files from my kitchen, it does not boot at all, I can´t even do a logcat... I´ve tried to do an update.zip without any modifications and still nothing.

Any suggestions??

This is the last thing that I want to do before doing a tutorial on how to Root, Flash Recovery, and install Custom Roms on Mediatek 6572 Device: mbk72_wet_jb3

Update: I´ve tried to just copy the system files without the updater-script do a format, and do the format manually before running the update, and it goes into bootloop but I can see the logcat saying it´s missing a lot of libraries, but all of them are actually there in the system/lib folder, and I looked at the permissions and where all correct..

Last edited:
Reactions: AmINoS007

chronograff

Feb 19, 2014
Solution
Turns out that the CWM Recovery Backup was very helpful for the kitchen and it worked, now I can make a custom ROM for MT6572 mbk72_wet_jb3 Devices, I will soon post a tutorial of how I did all of it, as soon as I finish a Custom ROM.

History:

Hey my friend I am looking to customize my ROM for:

Model Number: Android
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P5, 2013/09/04
Kernel Version: 3.4.5
Build Number: ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.6

But having problems getting the ROM from the device:

doing: cat /proc/emmc

- gives me

partno: start_sect nr_sects partition_name
emmc_p1: 00000400 00000002 "ebr1"
emmc_p2: 00004800 00005000 "protect_f"
emmc_p3: 00009800 00005000 "protect_s"
emmc_p4: 0001ba00 00145000 "android"
emmc_p5: 00160a00 000c0000 "cache"
emmc_p6: 00220a00 00100800 "usrdata"
emmc_p7: 00321200 0040c600 "fat"

and doing: cat /proc/mtd

- produces

dev: size erasesize name
- no mounts

Have you any ideas?

liveos

Feb 24, 2014
Solution

History:

Hello,

Gr8 stuff , did You manage to finish this tutorial , will make me verry happy.

While playing around with custom roms and android kitchen to better understand Android , i am stuck at stock system recovery on a Korean clone device. (mtk6572 device)

I can flash the device , and i have no /system partition , just enough to boot and load recovery. (preloader.bin , uboot.bin , boot.img and recovery.img backed up from stock and flashed)

I need to flash the system.img and load android on the device , but i do not have the system.img file i just have the /system folder extracted from it before it died and trying to create a .zip file and flash it using the stock recovery.

When trying to apply any update i always get
Install /sdcard
Installation aborted

or

install /sdcard
Error: Invalid OTA package, missing scatter
Installation aborted.

I tried all different stuff i though about , adding scatter file, extracting/editing the zip files (updater-script/update-script) replace the update-binaries with the ones for my phone , the problem is all the attempt results are the Installation aborted , with no errors or hints on what is going on , and read the posts about recovery.log (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246) but logs are not generated in this stock recovery and no options to show them or send them to /sdcard.

I am using the kitchen provided by dsixda.
P.S: thanks alot for this kitchen it just makes life alooooot easier and u can actually learn the process with great information's.

The second error i get ( Invalid OTA ...) makes me thing the update-binaries are correct and its being executed , so i used the kitchen to add the scatter file for my device , sign the package and upload it , but then the wierd thing is i get the first error again , confusing cz i do not know where and how to trace my problem , tried to understand how the updater-script is made and try to display some info in it just to see if its executed but no luck , just the installation aborted message!!!

Can any one point me on to a tutorial explaining what exactly happens when you are in system recovery , and try to apply update from sdcard and choose the update?

Is there any difference between how these updates are executed in different devices/roms/android versions ?

Sorry for making this post to long ( i feel i am sending an email lol) , just needed to be clear and give as many info as i got to help solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Hey my friend I am looking to customize my ROM for:

Model Number: Android
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P5, 2013/09/04
Kernel Version: 3.4.5
Build Number: ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.6

But having problems getting the ROM from the device:

doing: cat /proc/emmc

- gives me

partno: start_sect nr_sects partition_name
emmc_p1: 00000400 00000002 "ebr1"
emmc_p2: 00004800 00005000 "protect_f"
emmc_p3: 00009800 00005000 "protect_s"
emmc_p4: 0001ba00 00145000 "android"
emmc_p5: 00160a00 000c0000 "cache"
emmc_p6: 00220a00 00100800 "usrdata"
emmc_p7: 00321200 0040c600 "fat"

and doing: cat /proc/mtd

- produces

dev: size erasesize name
- no mounts

Have you any ideas?

Hi ,

did you tried mtkdroid tools?

below is copied from a link , but you know new users cannot post urls.

1. Connect your phone and run downloaded MTKDroidTools.exe. After few seconds your phone info should be displayed.

2. Go to "Root, Backup, Recovery" tab. Backup button is now disabled. Click the "Root" button on the bottom to get root access to your phone.

3. You will receive a pop-up message requesting your approval for root access. You may also receive a confirmation on phone screen. The pop-up message may differ if your phone is not already rooted.

4. Now, the Backup button and other disabled buttons should be enabled.

5. You may select "Backup userdata and cache" if you want to backup your user data and settings. Click Backup button. The process will start. You can select "Yes" for "Packing backup?" question during process if you want to compress backup into a zip file.

6. When the backup is complete, go to your MTKDroidTools folder and open backups. You will find the compressed backup zip file and uncompressed files there. You can use SP Flash tool to restore your ROM when needed.

Last edited:

AmINoS007

Apr 19, 2014
Solution

History:
im waiting for that :D thx

SuperAnt

May 31, 2009
Santiago
I see that I´ve got some more people interested in this, I will then finish the tutorial, right now I don´t have the device because it´s been used on my job, I needed to modify all the apps so I had to do all of this to modify everything that I could without breaking the phone, with the kitchen I was able to remove all the bloat software and also change the initial software like the launcher, phone app, gallery, etc to custom ones.

As soon as I get more devices I will finish the tutorial, because I will have more to unlock and change the apps.

Greetings!

Reactions: AmINoS007

AmINoS007

Apr 19, 2014
I see that I´ve got some more people interested in this, I will then finish the tutorial, right now I don´t have the device because it´s been used on my job, I needed to modify all the apps so I had to do all of this to modify everything that I could without breaking the phone, with the kitchen I was able to remove all the bloat software and also change the initial software like the launcher, phone app, gallery, etc to custom ones.

As soon as I get more devices I will finish the tutorial, because I will have more to unlock and change the apps.

Greetings!

so bro ??? :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solution

History:
    Hi everyone, I have some questions about the creation of an update.zip with a customized SYSTEM from the stock ROM of my device.

My problem is that everything work as it should be, I can do an update.zip to flash only boot.img and it works and an update.zip to delete packages or add packages and it also works.

But when I want to format my system partition to write all the files from my kitchen, it does not boot at all, I can´t even do a logcat... I´ve tried to do an update.zip without any modifications and still nothing.

Any suggestions??

This is the last thing that I want to do before doing a tutorial on how to Root, Flash Recovery, and install Custom Roms on Mediatek 6572 Device: mbk72_wet_jb3

Update: I´ve tried to just copy the system files without the updater-script do a format, and do the format manually before running the update, and it goes into bootloop but I can see the logcat saying it´s missing a lot of libraries, but all of them are actually there in the system/lib folder, and I looked at the permissions and where all correct..

Greetings!